Three SIM - 12Gb/month (12 month contract) with £60 cash back! (1 Viewer)

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
With apologies if this is a repeat but I've just spotted that Topcashback are offering £60 cash back if you sign up for a 12 month contract with Three for 12Gb/month with unlimited minutes & texts.
Sounds like a good offer! Note the offer expires in 3 days time!

https://www.topcashback.co.uk/3-mobile/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=TCB Newsletter
Don't do it! I was on a 12 month contract with 3 and had nothing but trouble from them when I cancelled it plus endless phone calls from a call centre for ages afterwards.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Similar issues with 3. Their retention staff do not allow you to quit. Stay anonymous and the service is fine. Sign up at your peril.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Thanks for the comments. Despite what seems like a good offer I'm staying with the PAYG SIMs but I hope that Amazon do the cheap deal again this Christmas as I could do with a new one!

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Similar issues with 3. Their retention staff do not allow you to quit. Stay anonymous and the service is fine. Sign up at your peril.
Those barstewards were on the phone again today, told them I'd report them to Ofcom if I got one more call..:mad:

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Thanks for the comments. Despite what seems like a good offer I'm staying with the PAYG SIMs but I hope that Amazon do the cheap deal again this Christmas as I could do with a new one!

Back in stock at my memory again now, still cheapest around at the moment.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
You don't realise how poor Three and it's roaming partners are until you change to a decent provider. Still got 630mb left on our 12gb card, the connection is that slow it's unusable, it's supposed to be valid until January. Can't even do a simple Google search. When it did work we had some days with no service, I've lost count of how many times I had the sim card out to try and reset it. AND to top it off, since June all their prices have gone up, no doubt to facilitate "free roaming". Well rid of them.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I must admit that I'm surprised at all the negativity about '3', we have very few issues when using it abroad at all, we ONLY have '3 at home too and whilst there is the rare blip it is only a few seconds then back to where we were beforehand.

If it hadn't been for '3' giving such good perks when no-one else was, do you think that all the other providers would be doing such good deals now? Personally I doubt it.

I had to cancel our '3' contract for phones and internet previously and never had any 'hard sell', just explained why I didn't want it and that was it.

OP
OP
Bill_OR
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
My experience of using '3' abroad has been good. I bought a 24Gb SIM from Amazon last Christmas for £30 to use with my 4G mifi.
I was a bit disappointed to find that '3' only allows a 3G connection abroad but when I queried it they gave me a £25 credit.
On our last trip I managed to use almost 9Gb in 4 weeks (still not sure how but I think it was Facebook that stole all my data!) and apparently this is their 'fair usage' limit. When I contacted them for help and they explained that the limit is reset after 30 days they gave me another £10 credit.
So now I still have data left on my SIM and another year to use it - and then I have £35 credit which will pay for (I think) about 10Gb (but this will only last for 1 month).
Not bad for a £30 outlay!
However I think I need to take a backup SIM card on my next trip in case Facebook attacks me again!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Plusnet at the minute, owned by BT and uses EE network in the UK and Orange in Spain. I get 4G or H+ in Spain.
... isn't that a phone sim though, not a 'pure' data sim?

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I’ve just renewed with three...
Was paying £24 pcm for 20 gig on 12 mth 4g mifi contract

Now paying £17 for 40 gig on a 12mth contract and “go binge” netflix ...

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Yes, I don't have to bother changing my sim now. I put Ann's sim in the tablet so she can read her magazines on Readly (she rarely uses her phone anyway :rolleyes:
)
Is this the deal you are referring to?
https://www.plus.net/mobile

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Yes that's the company, they do all different deals though.
I get 3gb 1000min and unlimited texts for £8/month. 30 day contract.
Ann gets 1.5gb 2000min for £6/month. 30 day contract.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

Yes, I don't have to bother changing my sim now. I put Ann's sim in the tablet so she can read her magazines on Readly (she rarely uses her phone anyway :rolleyes:
So, could the sim card be equally used in either of my unlocked 4G MiFi's?

Cheers,

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
So, could the sim card be equally used in either of my unlocked 4G MiFi's?

Cheers,

No - they can detect when you try to use a phone sim in a MIFI and disconnect it.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
No - they can detect when you try to use a phone sim in a MIFI and disconnect it.
Only Plusnet doesn't, there are no tethering charges. Been with Plusnet internet and landline phone for years, great outfit, great customer service and now their mobile service does EU roaming (well at least until March 2019) my sim is getting transferred from Virgin

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
I must admit that I'm surprised at all the negativity about '3', we have very few issues when using it abroad at all, we ONLY have '3 at home too and whilst there is the rare blip it is only a few seconds then back to where we were beforehand.

If it hadn't been for '3' giving such good perks when no-one else was, do you think that all the other providers would be doing such good deals now? Personally I doubt it.

I had to cancel our '3' contract for phones and internet previously and never had any 'hard sell', just explained why I didn't want it and that was it.
Me too @Minxy Girl , same quite good experience

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years

No logic to me either, I've been using my phone for sat nav, making and receiving calls and general surfing all over Portugal recently with a super fast feel at home Three service. I have also cancelled completed contracts recently without so much as a hesitation from the cancellation number. The Three shop will do most things for you anyway.
In fact when I arrived at the hotel I had no internet on my phone which pissed me off a tad so I purchased 10 hours from the hotel at the cost of fifteen pounds. I couldn't understand it as my partners phone also with three worked fine. I sat on the balcony with a beer and went through every setting and hay presto I found that my data roaming had somehow switched itself off. Always a good idea to check all your settings.....(y)

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp

My negativity is due to recent experience, seems others have had similar problems, maybe their rules of engagement have changed, I dont know. I just wouldn't ever have a contract with them again.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
20171105_113408.jpg

Running a bit low on data so put a new Three sim in my other phone. Full service! And it won't even connect so I can top up! Classic Three!
PS mobile data is on and roaming activated.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Hi,

I was with theee for almost a year, no problems. Only annoying thing is that you cannot withold your number by disling 141 in-front of the number you are calling. So you have to set your phone to hide your number to all.

Another annoying thing when roaming in Spain, 3 favoured yoigo, whose network data was slow.

Good thing for me with three was that they had WiFi calling. So with my mobile vodaphone broadband router, if I lost a 3 signal, vodaphone WiFi was usually able to take over.

I am now with plusnet £9 a month over three’s £25 for similar package.

But I want to go back to three and want to see if they will match plusnet. Plusnet use EE and I have had network coverage issues.

TM

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back