Three PAYG rates going up a lot! (1 Viewer)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This move was whispered some time ago..3 seems to want to get out of the PAYG system altogether... With those price increases I suspect they are likely to succeed

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Totally agree, three want kids with high data use, latest must have handset and willing to spend £40+ per month contract.

LiquidLunch

Free Member
Apr 28, 2014
Prestatyn
Funster No
MH
Panel Van
Exp
Long time!
...but then, if that's the case, such people wouldn't be on Three's PAYG :doh: .

Thread is about price increases on PAYG - not what is the best package or contract :rolleyes:.
Was answering a question in this thread didn't realise that I would need to run it by anyone else before answering.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They are still chasing me for a debt years after the statute. :D

I was going away for winter in the van and had a contract that was ending in January. In September just before we left I sent a recorded delivery letter asking them to terminate the contact at the term end.

When we got back I found 3 months of bills after the contract should have ended. Eventually I got them to acknowledge they had my letter of termination. However they said I still owed the money because the contract asked for a months notice not three :doh:

I said OK you'll have to sue me for that because I'm not paying. That debt, which as about £30 and is now around £90 has been sold on two or three times and every now and again someone still tries to collect. :D
I've got a problem with them at the moment. I took out a 30 day pay monthly SIM in September before we went away just to use in my Mifi. Contract date was 22nd of the month cancelled it on 21st Oct and used it until 20 Nov. & cancelled DD in November.

I cancelled it on their chat line although you are supposed to be able to do it online your can't it insists on giving you a PAC Number so it won't cancel until its used. I asked them to email a copy of the chat they said they couldn't, how come other companies can do so you would expect a coms company to do it.

They keep billing me and chasing me. I replied immediately to their 1st chasing email in December they have not replied.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
...but then, if that's the case, such people wouldn't be on Three's PAYG :doh: .

Thread is about price increases on PAYG - not what is the best package or contract :rolleyes:.
Exactly what I was going to say. People moving from payg are going to be used to using hardly any data calls or texts as they would otherwise have moved from payg before ( if they have any sense!).
So they're really going to be looking at a very basic SIM only contract.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Exactly what I was going to say. People moving from payg are going to be used to using hardly any data calls or texts as they would otherwise have moved from payg before ( if they have any sense!).
So they're really going to be looking at a very basic SIM only contract.
Afraid very few posts on this forum confirm to the strict guidelines expected by a minority on here,,oops i am going off on a tangent,,incoming reprimand any time now..Thought this Forum was titled Motorhome Fun,,thing some have forgotton the FUN.What is so serious about wandering from P.A.Y.G to contracts,,,,Some may be informed,,,BUSBY.. :giggle: :giggle:

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
All
Afraid very few posts on this forum confirm to the strict guidelines expected by a minority on here,,oops i am going off on a tangent,,incoming reprimand any time now..Thought this Forum was titled Motorhome Fun,,thing some have forgotton the FUN.What is so serious about wandering from P.A.Y.G to contracts,,,,Some may be informed,,,BUSBY.. :giggle: :giggle:
All posts wander nothing wrong with that sorry if I offended just trying to steer the suggestions in a way more likely to be of interest to anyone affected by payg going up as thats the thread title!
I was on payg until we moved and stopped having a landline I looked at sim deals at a fiver or so.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
They are still chasing me for a debt years after the statute. :D

I was going away for winter in the van and had a contract that was ending in January. In September just before we left I sent a recorded delivery letter asking them to terminate the contact at the term end.

When we got back I found 3 months of bills after the contract should have ended. Eventually I got them to acknowledge they had my letter of termination. However they said I still owed the money because the contract asked for a months notice not three :doh:

I said OK you'll have to sue me for that because I'm not paying. That debt, which as about £30 and is now around £90 has been sold on two or three times and every now and again someone still tries to collect. :D
i look forward to your appearance on the sheriffs are coming

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
That's the next move when we move house.
Paying BT line rental (free anytime calls) and BT unlimited internet.
Our land-line calls per year could be counted on both hands.
Dump both and go mobile contract when we move I think.
Just what we have done. We figured if we were moving anyway we might as well swap to mobiles only for calls.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I'd love to dump the landlines & the FTTC broadband... but my signal coverage just isn't viable.
Hence I have PAYG mobile.
Hence the price increase is both significant & unacceptable.
So I've dumped Three and swapped to Smarty (err Three).

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I'd love to dump the landlines & the FTTC broadband... but my signal coverage just isn't viable.
Hence I have PAYG mobile.
Hence the price increase is both significant & unacceptable.
So I've dumped Three and swapped to Smarty (err Three).
I'm with I'd mobile.........err still 3!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back