LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
The 12 month card seems to be 2 months accumulative service FAH then switched off. I had done a total of 2 months in different journeys and then they switched off roaming. I came back to UK for 10 days then back to France and hoped by being back on U.K. Network would work again on return to France but roaming remained off. Although 12 month cards sold on offer seemed good value it works out same price for 2 3gig monthly top ups!! I never lost roaming abroad on monthly card topping up each month. Will not be buying a 12 month card deal again!!! I use data only card in mifi.

Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
It's 60 days or 12 gigs whatever is used first
Just rang them
There is no way round it other than returning to UK to connect

Deleted User
Simply buy a few PAYG sims before you go, there are lots of options, most only last a month but can be recharged on line once the number is registered with 3, when or if they cut it off after 2 months FAH use then use another one.

I realise this may be too late if you are already abroad but the 2 month use limit is widely known about though it does seem to be applied randomly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
This is why I just buy the Three prepaid 12Gb Sim cards. You can get them for about £25 each now and I do not bother registering them. They normally last us a couple of months in our mifi when we are abroad and when it runs out of time or data allowance we throw it away and use another one.

We don't use it for streaming but we do use it for emails and web browsing as well as an hour or two on Facetime to the kids each week and the 12Gb usually lasts us about 2 months.

I reckon £12.50 per month for data in most of Europe (as well as the USA where we regularly go) is as cheap as chips.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back