Minxy

Three Mobile Broadband Info - Preloaded Data Sims (2 Viewers) Updated 22 Feb 2017

No permission to download
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
my mifi which has been used abroad before, connected last year but i could not access the internet, john's phone on the same network was fine! It started working again as soon as we crossed back to uk, confused.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
What MIFI have you got? If you can let me know I'll have a look for the details of where to find the settings etc for you.
Thanks, I'm stealing some WiFi outside a restaurant we used last night ,hence quick reply. Moving onto an Aire/campsite later today with cap WiFi and will get back to you when we are sttled. The last sim card l had in my Mifi was a three and worked well, this sim card also connected as soon as it was inserted. Just refused to connect once we crossed the water.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
As for the fuel filter,you could've git it from ebay really easy to fit,when I have a service now I tell them to leave the fuel filter
Thanks I might buy a spare. The problem was the Garrage I used in the UK did not use the correct tool to tighten the top. The guy we took it too yesterday used the correct fiat tool and got another half turn on the lid and the seal was made. I have emailed my Garrage at home, explained what went wrong and asked them to obtain the correct tools for the job. I still intend to use them if they obtain the tooling. If not, I'll shop around.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Phil my garage used the correct tool,and the recommended torque,it still leaked after a while,get a spare mate save the hassle,but hope that 1 stays ok

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Using data sim in mifi I always have to go to 192.168.1.1 network settings when changing country to select available provider. No problem but just have to remember to do it if haven't been away for few months, always disappointed when think haven't got signal then memory kicks in to change network it's looking for as it starts up wanting to connect to a network in previous location.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I will get the newer all metal version fitted upon my return. It's too much hassle having a failure in another country never mind back home. Thanks again.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
True phil,lucky mine went in the middle of park lane,london,motorist and police wernt to happy lol

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Using data sim in mifi I always have to go to 192.168.1.1 network settings when changing country to select available provider. No problem but just have to remember to do it if haven't been away for few months, always disappointed when think haven't got signal then memory kicks in to change network it's looking for as it starts up wanting to connect to a network in previous location.
If you change the settings to "Roaming", you shouldn't have to select the network every time you cross the water. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
If you change the settings to "Roaming", you shouldn't have to select the network every time you cross the water. (y)

Cheers,

Thanks for this but my settings is set to roaming and still have to do this! Only when my data allowance time runs out does it change to not roaming & I then change Sim and it then reverts to roaming again but I still have to go to network selection. No problem really but just have to remember to do it when on the move & changing locations.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Thanks for this but my settings is set to roaming and still have to do this! Only when my data allowance time runs out does it change to not roaming & I then change Sim and it then reverts to roaming again but I still have to go to network selection. No problem really but just have to remember to do it when on the move & changing locations.
Thanks for the "heads up". (y)
I'll have to remember that, in case I find myself in the same position. Our first Three 12GB/12 Months sim runs out next month, and I shan't pop another in until June/July time, when we hope to cross the water again.

Cheers,

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
My MiFi is switched to roaming and everything correct but just will not conect. I get a message on the screen of my MiFi saying connect to Web Ui to reconnect ? I will try another three Sim and see how I fare as I have two.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
These three trio sims are good we've been using ours for the last three months without problems in France,Spain & Portugal.
Thanks to @Minxy Girl well done minxy

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
my mifi which has been used abroad before, connected last year but i could not access the internet, john's phone on the same network was fine! It started working again as soon as we crossed back to uk, confused.
was it switched on for use abroad.
i had that trouble the first time in the states.
went on web site when home and switched on roaming, all good now.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
was it switched on for use abroad.
i had that trouble the first time in the states.
went on web site when home and switched on roaming, all good now.
Roaming is on! Used in Morocco and other European countries before without a problem. Might be the sim card?

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
just had a word with the wife and she told me,
that we had a problem with one of the sim cards in france.
swopped for another spare and that worked fine.
so maybe your right and its a faulty sim.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Roaming is on! Used in Morocco and other European countries before without a problem. Might be the sim card?
Just a thought ... you haven't exceeded your FAH allowance of 60 days max in a 12 month period have you ... (excluding the workaround as mentioned on my doc).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back