Three in Channel Islands, Jersey & Guernsey (1 Viewer)

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
Just to let you know previously Jersey and Guernsey were not part of Free to Roam but are amongst those that have been added in last few days. I can say that I am overjoyed to have successfully connected from both Islands (I did need to go to Network settings and choose provider which coincidentally is my home provider but my contract with them is more expensive than 3 so will be changing my Jersey mobile provider to 3!!!!)
Was in Norfolk and Portsmouth last week using 3 sim card in mifi, then 2 days at home in Jersey, now in Guernsey for 4 days then departing here to St Malo to pick up m'home from storage then to S'hampton for Boat show, staying Ashurst Forest site couple of days then making way to Lincoln Show then back to France for 2 weeks m'home wandering. So really pleased I can use 3 mifi seamlessly - well near seamlessly just having to go into network settings everytime relocate.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
If Three have added the Channel Islands to Feel at Home you will still only be able to use it for two months a year, unless you keep buying new PAYG sim cards. Or are Three now a full provider with their own network there, as opposed to using someone else's, which is what they do elsewhere in Europe.

Terry and Jan

Free Member
Feb 25, 2014
Saltash,Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Left Jersey this morning and can confirm 3....works a treat, now in Carnac via St Malo, just had a great weekend with those darling grandchildren of mine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mother Ship

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
If Three have added the Channel Islands to Feel at Home you will still only be able to use it for two months a year, unless you keep buying new PAYG sim cards. Or are Three now a full provider with their own network there, as opposed to using someone else's, which is what they do elsewhere in Europe.
As I said would take out contract and not remain on PAYG. They have in past offered me some very good contract packages but always turned down as previously would not be using their network every month of year when not available at home in Jersey (about 4 or 5 months of year). Now can use in Jersey makes sense to change.
Having said that I must have been lucky as been using 3 for past couple of years for continuous periods of longer than 2 months and have never been cut off and never cut off after period not using and using again later in year with same PAYG card.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back