Three FAH mifi has just stopped despite more data left on (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks we'll get our son to send us a couple to a campsite

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
No it doesn't , think that might be the case with phone cards but not data. Did it last month.

I have activated several 3 PAYG Data only sim cards whilst in France.

So have I.(y)

Thanks for clearing that up ,, SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ACTIVATE THE SIM IN THE UK BEFORE GOING TO EUROPE...
as atm i have 3 x 12 GB sims and am in the UK , i have activated / started to use the first one in the UK , before we go to Europe , so i will just keep the other 2 sealed and start them when needed and in Europe. :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thanks for clearing that up ,, SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO ACTIVATE THE SIM IN THE UK BEFORE GOING TO EUROPE...
as atm i have 3 x 12 GB sims and am in the UK , i have activated / started to use the first one in the UK , before we go to Europe , so i will just keep the other 2 sealed and start them when needed and in Europe. :)
Up to you. But, for safety's sake I activated the two I took just before I took them.

Deleted User
Are any of you using these Three sim data cards in a mifi for multiple devices or just straight into a phone/tablet? When abroad.

Thanks Lin :)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Are any of you using these Three sim data cards in a mifi for multiple devices or just straight into a phone/tablet? When abroad.

Thanks Lin :)
They are data only so no good in a phone, unless you don't want to make any phone calls with it. We put ours in our mifi and then use it for multiple devices (2 x phones, 1 x ipad and 1 laptop)

Deleted User
They are data only so no good in a phone, unless you don't want to make any phone calls with it. We put ours in our mifi and then use it for multiple devices (2 x phones, 1 x ipad and 1 laptop)
Thanks yes that's what I want them for my mifi.
Are you buying them from my memory? If so how quickly do they arrive?
Lin :)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
I've got 2 from my memory and I live in n.Ireland. they usually take 4-6 days for me

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
BTW i remember reading people saying make sure you have roaming enabled , and wondered where this was , untill i was looking in the mi-fi menu there looking to see when i activated the current SIM . when i found Data roaming "enable or disable" under "settings >> advanced settings >>mobile connection" . then on right you will see Data roaming... so i take it this is where people mean to enable it ??

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This is true, that's why I said in my post, if you have a mifi that has been working on three, it just needs another three to get it going, if it has been working on some other sim then it will need setting up for three, and conversely if it has been working on three and you put a different one in , it will want setting up for that, in my experience which is not saying a lot:) you are better sticking to three, and have more than one if you are going away for a while(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back