Three adds more European countries to feel at home (1 Viewer)

premiere99

Free Member
Aug 7, 2013
Medomsley, County Durham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
30+
Three's Feel at Home perk lets subscribers use their regular minute, text and data allowances abroad at no extra cost. The inclusive roaming feature even covers several far-flung destinations including the USA, Australia and Hong Kong, but after adding Spain and New Zealand to the roster early last year, the list of 18 regions hasn't grown any longer. From this September, however, Three is expanding Feel at Home to an additional 24 countries across Europe (for a new total of 42).

Feel at Home was already available in France, Spain, Italy and throughout Scandinavia, but from next month, pretty much the entirety of Europe will be covered. Roaming charges are due to be abolished across the EU next summer, you may recall, so Three is just kinda jumping the gun in that respect. Though whether Brits will still be able to take advantage of that when the UK eventually leaves the EU remains to be seen.

For now, though, any Three subscriber planning a late summer getaway in Europe should be chuffed with the expansion. Unless they didn't consult their crystal ball and opted to save a few quid by taking out one of Three's new, perkless Essential plans, that is.

New Feel at Home destinations: Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Channel Islands, Guernsey and Jersey.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Glad to see Cyprus on the list, when you are used to having feel at home it can be a real pain when in Cyprus.(y)

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
IT would be great if they abolished roaming charges for calling a French number when you're in France...

I would be more likely to call to the country where I was than to call the UK

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My ex is in the US at the moment she has left her phone on and used it daily to phone home "feel at home" is a brilliant option.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Quick question from a dimbo ,I use three mifi in uk all the time but going to France later do I need to do anything different..Roy

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Do you have a date in September when these new feel at home countries come on line.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Sounds good on the face of it. However, they don't allow tethering to a laptop and calls to local numbers are charged as as out of bundle calls, so all you can do is call UK numbers and use data on your smartphone.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Sounds good on the face of it. However, they don't allow tethering to a laptop and calls to local numbers are charged as as out of bundle calls, so all you can do is call UK numbers and use data on your smartphone.
I find the main advantage is the fact that you don't have to turn your phone off when you leave the UK. We can do most things using data on our phones. If you want to phone local numbers then use skype or skype credit from your phone data.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
that statement has just made me realise how far we've come in telecomunications in a few years who remember piles of pesato's to call home half way through a two weeks in spain package holiday

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
that statement has just made me realise how far we've come in telecomunications in a few years who remember piles of pesato's to call home half way through a two weeks in spain package holiday

Far worse than that, lurching from one Telex office to another :).

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
We had 10 months continuous use from our 3 PAYG sim in Spain (topping up on line every month) before they 'cut us off' from roaming only a couple of weeks ago!!! Can't complain, it's only supposed to be 3 months per year!!!

Deleted User
Quick question from a dimbo ,I use three mifi in uk all the time but going to France later do I need to do anything different..Roy

As far as I know you just have to make sure that international roaming is enabled on your device, worked well for me in the past.

Nov 24, 2008
Anywhere that takes our fancy
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since july 2009 And Still Going Strong
My new Vodafone phone package (not a data/tablet package) includes unlimited calls and texts to Europe countries and this also includes to landlines and mobiles of the country I'm in. Very happy with it, £16 per month on a pay monthly package.
Shawn

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

No Roy, it should work OK as it is....(y)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Do you have a date in September when these new feel at home countries come on line.
They haven't announced a date yet. The way it's worded makes me think that it won't be the 1st, which is a shame. I rather suspect that I will have just completed my journey home from Sweden (which will be in the first 10 days of September) by the time they add them.

As I've got to work along the way, which involves quite a lot of data, I suspect I will have to do Denmark to France in one jump, rather than meander back.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
As we will be making a road trip across Europe to Bulgaria at the end of this month and staying until November, we would be grateful if anyone has a link to the exact date these new countries come on line.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
As we will be making a road trip across Europe to Bulgaria at the end of this month and staying until November, we would be grateful if anyone has a link to the exact date these new countries come on line.

I read it was "In September" I assure they could tell you exactly if you go on live chat or phone them.

Deleted User

This is all it says on the three website:

"
In September, we will be adding 24 new destinations for you to use your phone abroad at no extra cost and share your holiday pictures shamelessly. You’ll soon be able to use your phone in a total of 42 destinations across the world including Germany, Portugal, Greece and the USA. Below is a list of the 24 new destinations that will be automatically added for you to use Feel at Home in:

Belgium, Bulgaria, Channel Islands (Jersey & Guernsey), Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia.

More information coming soon."

Just have to wait and see.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
They haven't announced a date yet. The way it's worded makes me think that it won't be the 1st, which is a shame. I rather suspect that I will have just completed my journey home from Sweden (which will be in the first 10 days of September) by the time they add them.

As I've got to work along the way, which involves quite a lot of data, I suspect I will have to do Denmark to France in one jump, rather than meander back.

Could you work off line and then upload / download using McDonald's wifi or similar?

Alternatively, buy a German data sim?

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Could you work off line and then upload / download using McDonald's wifi or similar?

Alternatively, buy a German data sim?
Unfortunately, my work involves being on-line almost all of the time.

Once I leave Sweden, I won't be in any one country long enough to justify a SIM in each, even if taking it steady.

Mother Ship

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2011
Jersey
Funster No
MH
Pilote 626D
Exp
Since 1986
I believe no tethering from mobile phone sim but tethering from data only sim in mifi or tablet. We successfully tether this way.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Just been in the Three shop in Carlisle and they tell me the roll-out is on 8th September. That's this coming Thursday.
Hope this is of use to someone.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
You definitely can't tether from a mobile phone sim while abroad on 'Feel at Home'.
I forgot when we arrived in France and when I tried I immediately got a message saying it was 'verboten'.

No problem though in the UK.

Richard.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
You definitely can't tether from a mobile phone sim while abroad on 'Feel at Home'.
I forgot when we arrived in France and when I tried I immediately got a message saying it was 'verboten'.

No problem though in the UK.

Richard.
Hmmmmm never say never, you can tether using some software to fool the 3 system apparently, never, tried it though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back