Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
What are the thoughts of the good people on here about Adria MoHo's

As some of you may know I'm on the look out to buy and was looking at Hymer, Rapido and the likes.

Why do the Adria appear to be quite a bit cheaper to buy than say a Hymer of the same year and similar spec, A class.

Thanks from Confused of Cheltenham :)

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Don't know what year you are looking for but we bought our 2004 Adria Coral 680SL in 2014 and love it, it's so light and airy inside. We have been lucky, everyone says you don't get your first MH choice right but we keep looking at Adria and other later models and haven't seen one yet we would swap it for layoutwise!

Sorry, don't know how Adria compares pricewise with other makes, I'm sure someone more experienced will come on soon with some advice for you. :)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
You get what you pay for. Hymer has a much better build quality and they seem to last for ages. The cheaper brands like Adria save money on the quality and things like insulation etc. It depends how much your going to use the MH. If your planning on going away for several weeks/months then I would go for something like a Hymer. If like me you age going to use it for your annual holidays and long weekends then something like Adria or the less expensive brands work just fine. It comes down to things like door hinges. I have a Moncayo.I have had to rehang the bathroom door. A can of baked beans has thicker metal than my door hinges. I will have to replace them with something a bit more substantial.
Others who own the Hymer type class MH will give you more info, I have only owned the cheap stuff. My dream MH would be something like a Hymer but I am fine and love my Moncayo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Adria make some well put together MOHO'S but there let down by having poor payloads especailly in the Aclass so weight upgrades might be needed.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Nice looking vans. No personal information but from what I have seen of them well built for the price but the insulation levels are not as good as German vans. Also check the payload carefully a lot of the A Class's have naff all payload.
I can't find any up to date info on the construction but I think they may still use timber battening in the construction which would put me off. If you can afford it I would go for the Hymer but I'm biased.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
We recently looked at a second hand Rapido and Adria at a dealers. Personally we both felt that the Rapido was better on quality but could be a tad biased. However I do concede that Adria A class do look nice outside.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
Don't know what year you are looking for but we bought our 2004 Adria Coral 680SL in 2014 and love it, it's so light and airy inside. We have been lucky, everyone says you don't get your first MH choice right but we keep looking at Adria and other later models and haven't seen one yet we would swap it for layoutwise!

Sorry, don't know how Adria compares pricewise with other makes, I'm sure someone more experienced will come on soon with some advice for you. :)

Likewise we are delighted with our Adria Vision, it ticks all our boxes and i would refute the claim that they are built down to a price!
the interior fitting/ upholstery is very good quality and will stand up to scrutiny by any Hymer/rapido /Dethlett/Bursner owner,
Last year we went to the Düsseldorf motor show and as been said we didn't find a motorhome that we would have replaced her with,
It's your money! but you will get more bangs for your buck buying an Adria than the inflated prices the German A class manufacture tend to charge,IMO

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Pretty much everything has been said regarding quality and value for money but also note that labour rates are lower in Slovenia (Adria) than Germany (Hymer) or France (Rapido).
Things may change a bit now that Adria has just been bought by Trigano Group (French holding company that also owns Autotrail, Auto-Sleepers, Euramobil, Elnagh, McLouis, Rimor, CI, Mobilvetta, Roller Team and some other brands)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We used to have an Adria coachbuilt. We now have a Hymer A class. Our 2008 model Adria was well made and we had no real complaints about it. The build quality was good and the payload was OK. We wanted something newer and slightly bigger and we were not so impressed with the newer Adrias. But that was more to do with the colour and quality of pretend wood used and also the extensive use of gloss white on the furniture.

The Hymer feels better built and appears to have better insulation, but some of that could be because it is a A class so has no work van drafts in the cab.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Mine is an A class 2009 Adria vision & I'm happy with it although I might look for a pvc now I'm on my own.
Lovely to drive, lots of storage & is well insulated as we've used it all year.
Good point about the payload though - not the biggest allowance.
And the mains sockets are in silly places, we've had additional ones & 12v/usb sockets added.

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I should have been a bit clearer what I'm looking for/at.
For my budget Im looking at years 2006 to 2008 ish.

A class and will hopefully using it during winter months, so would need to be warm enough say in Scotland or France. I have this hankering to snowboard :)

Also Im looking at reducing the amount I work and maybe having a month or so away at a time.
I am a great believer in quality over quantity :) and do like a comfortable temperature when inside.

I appreciate labour costs vary depending on where its built.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Another thing to look at with any A-class is servicing. There have been some serious horror stories on here. Mega expansive screens, headlights, mirrors. Then any engine work can be a nightmare because you can't get at the engine. Puts me off owning one even though there certainly are space benefits.

Poor payload is a killer for any MH.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
We looked at uprating the weight - just a paper excercise up to 3850kg.
Also it's built on an Alko chasis.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Alko are an independent German company that make, amongst other things, chassis that can replace the fiat (or Mercedes?) chassis and rear axle attached to to the cab. Torsion bar suspension instead of leaf spring.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Alko are an independent German company that make, amongst other things, chassis that can replace the fiat (or Mercedes?) chassis and rear axle attached to to the cab. Torsion bar suspension instead of leaf spring.

Thanks for that Peter, all I know is that it's 'a good thing':LOL:
I know we've had caravans in the past on the alko chasis' and it was always a selling point:)

Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We have owned our Adria Matrix Access 590 for nearly 3 years, bought it new. Reasonably pleased with it, drop down bed, feels roomy for size (5.99m), plenty of storage for us. Minor niggles that have been fixed, mirror in washroom de-silvering was replaced under warranty, rear light clusters burnt out because wrong bulbs were fitted, plastic locker catches easily broken so we have replaced with metal ones. Downsides, no oven, bed rather hard and needs toppers, ladder uncomfortable to bare feet so that has been modified. We are swapping it for a Burstner, slightly larger for using for longer trips, no comparable layout in Adria range or we might have considered buying Adria again.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
You get what you pay for. Hymer has a much better build quality and they seem to last for ages. The cheaper brands like Adria save money on the quality and things like insulation etc. It depends how much your going to use the MH. If your planning on going away for several weeks/months then I would go for something like a Hymer. If like me you age going to use it for your annual holidays and long weekends then something like Adria or the less expensive brands work just fine. It comes down to things like door hinges. I have a Moncayo.I have had to rehang the bathroom door. A can of baked beans has thicker metal than my door hinges. I will have to replace them with something a bit more substantial.
Others who own the Hymer type class MH will give you more info, I have only owned the cheap stuff. My dream MH would be something like a Hymer but I am fine and love my Moncayo.

Had our Adria Coral Plus s670 for over two years now from new. It was our first van and we got the layout right first time. Absolutely love the whole set up. Excellent value for money with only minor faults rectified buy an excellent dealer.
We have been to every show since looking to upgrade or go bigger as you do:). We ended up back at the Adria stand and almost bought the same van Just a new upgraded base model. Not been able to find a better van to be honest and we have looked at Hymer as well and can't say that the fittings are any better. We use our van in winter as well, insulation is excellent. we travel just the two of us and the dog. carry three cycles in the garage with dog trailer plus tables chairs etc plus everything for a three week holiday in France no problem Checked a weighbridge. As motorhomes go we can highly recommend Adria hope this helps. before you ask I'm not an Adria dealer:D just love the van we have(y)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Had our Adria Coral Plus s670 for over two years now from new. It was our first van and we got the layout right first time. Absolutely love the whole set up. Excellent value for money with only minor faults rectified buy an excellent dealer.
We have been to every show since looking to upgrade or go bigger as you do:). We ended up back at the Adria stand and almost bought the same van Just a new upgraded base model. Not been able to find a better van to be honest and we have looked at Hymer as well and can't say that the fittings are any better. We use our van in winter as well, insulation is excellent. we travel just the two of us and the dog. carry three cycles in the garage with dog trailer plus tables chairs etc plus everything for a three week holiday in France no problem Checked a weighbridge. As motorhomes go we can highly recommend Adria hope this helps. before you ask I'm not an Adria dealer:D just love the van we have(y)

Thanks,very informative.
Don't often hear the words "excellent dealer" . Would you be kind enough to let us know their name? Thanks.
Pod.

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Thanks for the replies definitely food for thought there.

Really looking to buy private if I can unless a bargain appeared in a dealers :)

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Thanks,very informative.
Don't often hear the words "excellent dealer" . Would you be kind enough to let us know their name? Thanks.
Pod.

No problem. The dealer is Geoff Cox. They are just north of Derby look out for Gavin if you go. Really helpful no pressure sales. Even though we live 50 miles away anything needs doing I drop the van off on a Saturday and collect the following Saturday due to work they have a loan car so we always go back even for yearly service we could get done locally and a bit cheaper I prefer them to deal with it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Thought you were looking at new. At that age I would defiantly go for a Hymer.
Have a look on Link Removed, dead easy to import and save a packet.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1971
My Adria Vision is an 2008 model and the Alko chassis is pretty much maintenance free, it doesn't have any greasing points, i did uprate her to 3900kg with rear air suspension and uprated tyres, primarily so we could carry the Honda vision scooter and keep within our axel weights,
maintenance on ANY A class is going to be a bit tight but having retired from the motor trade after fifty years it's no more difficult than the modern car with umpteen electronics gismos/ shields and components that cannot be serviced only replaced,
My Adria Vision is on a Renault Master and doesn't have An DPF or Addblue injection and gets away with a Euro 4 emission sticker for Germany/France that is also a great reason for keeping her for the foreseeable future,

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 1971
If you are happy to drive an left hand drive vehicle! It wouldn't bother me but the missus wouldn't full stop, so i would end up doing all the driving:cry:

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had an Adria M680SL, 2010. It was our first van and not quite the right layout so changed after a year. But we had no issues with build quality and everything worked. Only criticism was the length of overhang and therefore the departure angle.

Adria have some videos of their assembly and manufacturing process, worth a watch. Personally, would not have an issue in having an Adria in the future.

OP
OP
Silver-Fox

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie

I have been looking on there maybe once every couple of days along with eBay every day.

To be fair the vans on mobile.de arnt much difference price wise at the moment from what I've seen.

Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks for the replies definitely food for thought there.

Really looking to buy private if I can unless a bargain appeared in a dealers :)

You could try looking on the Adria Club website, they have private sales ads from time to time. Alison Difford is The Secretary.

Happy to send you photos and layout of our Coral if you would like them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back