Free Member
Jan 14, 2011
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our fourth glorious year!
This is a seriously scary decision and all joking aside must have taken a great deal of courage.Everything has been said by others but I wouldn't want this to go by without adding my own thanks and acknowledgment.

Great Respect:thumb:

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
new member on here jim , and still making my way round the site. came upon this thread and was slightly taken aback... its a rare thing to find anywhere these days (devotion/loyalty) and even though I know nothing can be forever I take my hat off to you..:thumb: and hope we meet sometime as I intend to make some of the funster gatherings.
regards andy

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I enjoy the site as much as many Jim but I'm sure this wont be the only offer and eventually when you have other interests set up for your future then the decision could be easier to make.
Out of interest if you can say, was the offer made by the organisation who now run another site.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lord Mac

Free Member
Feb 5, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well done Jim for not giving in to temptation. I am only new on hear but if you sold out to a big company I think they family would fall to bits.]

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
offer

hi there jim and sian,have only just seen this thread:RollEyes: would like to say a big thank you for taking that decision im sure it was very difficult.but as others have said MHF and RVOC would not be the same without you and Sian at the helm:Smile:its very true that when anything is created and built up into something that is very successful and the creator leaves,it is never the same and that is fact.MHF & RVOC are an absolute credit to you both.Jim im sure you will agree with me when I say behind every good man there is an equally good woman (Sian). so me and Jo would like to say congrats at getting MHF & RVOC to where they are today:thumb:
Brian & Jo

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
I am glad I haven't (yet) been put in that position.

Good for you (and us) :thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Jim, you are bloody mad to turn that offer down!!!!!:Doh:

I'll buy you a pint or two at Newark as thanks for your loyalty to your disfunctional extended motorhoming family!!!!:thumb:

Nutter......................!::bigsmile:

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Once the owner becomes a corporate body and you can no longer throw darts that make a difference, the heart of a club dies.
I love the many friends who remain behind but feel that I am watching an ailing body die through neglect and I thank you for not taking the same route.

Alan

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Treble or quadruple the subs is the only fair way:thumb:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
are you a share holder?

No...

A couple of years ago I put a Life membership up for auction (for charity, NSPCC) and Chris was kind enough to outbid everyone to the tune of ÂŁ120 quid :clap:

So he's got to stay in line and not get banned for another ten years yet before he sees a return:roflmto:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
No...

A couple of years ago I put a Life membership up for auction (for charity, NSPCC) and Chris was kind enough to outbid everyone to the tune of ÂŁ120 quid :clap:

[HI]So he's got to stay in line and not get banned for another ten years yet before he sees a return[/HI]:roflmto:

Bugger:Sad:::bigsmile:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
No...

So he's got to stay in line and not get banned for another ten years yet before he sees a return:roflmto:

Maybe that's the way to go then Jim, sell some long term memberships.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Once the owner becomes a corporate body and you can no longer throw darts that make a difference, the heart of a club dies.
I love the many friends who remain behind but feel that I am watching an ailing body die through neglect and I thank you for not taking the same route.

Alan

Rule no.1 Alan No one throws darts at Jim and survives :ROFLMAO:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Jim Can you tell me how to make a complaint about a member please? He has been bombarding me with abuse and hurtful comments about my parentage and frankly making racist remarks.

Frankly I suspect that you'll probably ban the member in question when you look at the evidence:Sad:

Eddie

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
Glad you have kept the site Jim. Sitting in my MH in France reading the posts etc, it's the first website I go to when on the internet.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Much Respect

Jim, I unfortunately have not met you yet but can only say you have a website second to none. As others have said it could not have been an easy decision to have made. I can only admire your principles and I am sure other FUNSTERS will agree you are the heart of the site and without you it would not be the same. Well done and keep up the fantastic work.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back