Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I agree. Treble them:thumb:

Says he.......:winky:

Seriously, I would pay more for an independent site, since in the grand scheme of things it isn't that much money after all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

enery8

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
FFB Tabbert Classic 660
Exp
towing for 20 odd years but now have our first motorhome.
What can I say that has not already been said, I agree with all in one way or another. Motorhome fun has meant a huge amount to us since we joined just over a year ago.
Before joining MF we were sitting home 'waiting for God' :Doh:. Now we spend our time dodging him :thumb:, play time aint over yet!:winky:

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Good man Jim

I admire your decision not to bow to the great god Money for the best fun and information site I have ever come across. I look forward each day to the friendly badinage, the informed trouble shooting and the sheer depth of knowledge of the members. Thank you so much for a wonderful site and I look forward to actually meeting some members one day!

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Jim and Sian, What a difficult decision that must have been for you. we are so glad you decided not to sell. Fun is such a fantastic forum. There is nothing else like it.
You log on each day to see what "the family " are up to. You follow their travel blogs, you learn so much from their questions , you laugh at (some) of their jokes, you empathise in some of their troubles.
The meets we have attended have been great and have met such lovely people. We look forward to lots more.
Thanks for everything you do and keeping the best motorhome forum going:thumb::thumb:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Really tough call. Thank you so much for staying with us!!!!!

Rgds
Bill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
thanks jim and sian i would have imagined the fun would have gone anyway if you had have sold to some invisible company and don't forget you are fun as is the members
ALL FOR 1 AND 1 FOR ALL :ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Thanks Jim and Sain I'm sure it was a heartfelt decision but one we all will endorse.

Fun is more than a forum, it always feels much more like a family which we would all miss, and without your guidance I'm sure it would deteriorate.

In this world you have to be realistic and should the offer eventually become so large to refuse I'm sure we would all wish you luck.

But for now thanks for all your hard work and friendship, long may it continue to be the best forum on the net.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I can't put it any more eloquently than everyone else has already. I am sure that this is just a part of what goes on in the background that most of us don't see, or think about. Thank you for all that you do on our behalf. And thank you for not selling us - "your children":thumb:

Wyn

Candy Floss

Free Member
Nov 16, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
approx 20 years
Jim andSian a hard decision but the right one, we enjoy the rallies we attend and the help that has been offered to me at Stratford if I needed help to get my mobility scooter over gate at back entrance.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hey Jim, why can't you sell and just start another forum? We'll all leave this and join your new one :winky:

My first thoughts ::bigsmile: --Jim would have to have a front man or lady though ::bigsmile:

I agree. Treble them:thumb:

OK for life members -Barsteward :winky:

look on the bright side Jim chances are as fun gets bigger so will the offer:winky:::bigsmile:
terry

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
This morning we are sitting here at Big Pedros campsite in the Algarve, Portugal reading the threads on Motorhome Fun, opened this thread and can honestly say that reading the o.p. and all the following ones, it has bought a lump to our throats. What an honour it is to have been part of this family for such a long time and long may it continue in the safe hands of you, Sian and not forgetting your family.

Thankfully you are both still young enough to be able to continue running and enjoying which is a fantastic site (even though sometimes you probably feel like a break or tearing your hair out - haha), but when the time comes (and you'll know when that is), you have an asset that you can be proud of to sell. You are not ready to retire yet, so you would have to find something else to pass the time or earn a crust and investing the 6 figure sum will get you no interest (but you would probably have a good time spending it but then you'll end up with half of nothing again), so keep the investment you have and enjoy it with us while you can. We know, we are selfish, but long may it continue.

The forum is what it is because of you both at the helm and to remove you it would definitely change. NO THANKS.

All the best from your dedicated followers.

Nigel and Pamala

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
You pair will never have to but another drink
:thumb::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::beer::beer::beer:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Only just seen this Jim & Sian, after a "heads up" from another Funster. :winky:

Although Rita and I wouldn't have held it against you both for selling up to secure a financial future, just like others, we are both glad that you didn't.

Having been here since the very early days, in support of others whom we all felt had been wrongly treated by particular a MH Forum Administrator, it is an absolute pleasure to still be part of that support group, which you and Sian set up back then, despite those we were supporting, having since moved on. :winky:

Almost all our friends are not folks we mix with in our local community. They are mostly fellow Motorhomers, whom we have met over the years, initially online, and "in the flesh" at different meets. We value those opportunities to make new friends, whilst meeting old ones, and look forward to our FUN meets and rallies year on year. We get more all round value from FUN alone, than we have ever done from being members of both the the CC and C&CC

A big thanks to you both, from both of us . :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

Last edited:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thank you Jim & Sian - for creating (and hanging on to!) a forum that so many people love and are proud to belong to. We are a thriving real community as well as a virtual one, as any of the rallies prove. Long may your bacon sizzle - and that's from a vegetarian! ::bigsmile:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Both iam sure you have made the right choice,and in the next few Days you will both see the true light,that it's not just a business you are running ,its a very large family and you have to make choices like this to continue on life ,s way in true Happiness,may you and your wife have the Happiness this forum gives you more than 6figures can give,all the Best Alf and Marianne:thumb::thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
my motto in life has always been "take the money"

I sold my business for lots of dosh........4 years later it would have been worth a fraction of what I got as the economy went south. This was in the late 80s.

Having said that the internet is growing.and this is a great site/forum..motorhoming is a growth area.with more and more old gits taking it up....as there will be more and more old gits.
So perhaps you might consider selling one of the kids instead ?

Good luck Jim

barry

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We just (tonight) turned down a large, no very large, 6 figure sum for motorhomefun. I can't tell you it was an easy decision, we did think long and hard about it and in these last couple of days in quiet day dream type moments I've been thinking where we would spend the money much like a lottery winner might.

But selling motorhomefun would be like selling one of the children, we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. We want to build motorhome Fun into the best motorhome club there is, (if it isn't already:winky:) With all our soul searching we came to the conclusion, that we always knew to be true, that this place is much more than just an asset we can sell, its a whole lifestyle made up of real people and real friends and that makes it pretty priceless to us. So tonight we said No thanks, we'd rather stay skint.

To be honest were still reeling a little, but sure we've made the right decision but I suppose only time will tell. :gulp:

Long live MotorhomeFun::bigsmile:

That was indeed a difficult decision, thank you for not selling.

If you feel at some point in the future the need to sell, why not sell it to us members, I am sure the majority of us could not individually offer you a six figure sum but perhaps between us ?????? who knows

THANK YOU FOR NOT SELLING xxxxxxxx

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Snip

my motto in life has always been "take the money"

I sold my business for lots of dosh........4 years later it would have been worth a fraction of what I got as the economy went south. This was in the late 80s.

barry

Us too. We sold our business 10 years ago and retired on the proceeds not the profit we made whilst running it and certainly not on the pensions that promised so much but never delivered. The business too was our baby and we missed the staff and the day to day camaraderie but not the meddling bureaucracy from successive governments that kept moving the goalposts and made life hard to plan for the foreseeable future.

Despite the occasional spat on here, as many have said FUN is all about the comradeship the site engenders and that is worth hanging on to.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
We just (tonight) turned down a large, no very large, 6 figure sum for motorhomefun. I can't tell you it was an easy decision, we did think long and hard about it and in these last couple of days in quiet day dream type moments I've been thinking where we would spend the money much like a lottery winner might.

But selling motorhomefun would be like selling one of the children, we just couldn't bring ourselves to do it. We want to build motorhome Fun into the best motorhome club there is, (if it isn't already:winky:) With all our soul searching we came to the conclusion, that we always knew to be true, that this place is much more than just an asset we can sell, its a whole lifestyle made up of real people and real friends and that makes it pretty priceless to us. So tonight we said No thanks, we'd rather stay skint.

To be honest were still reeling a little, but sure we've made the right decision but I suppose only time will tell. :gulp:

Long live MotorhomeFun::bigsmile:

Im getting a picture in my mind
Of sir lord mr jim sitting next to his child bride
Lady mrs Sian

And whispering in his best cock a knee / welsh accent

Next year sian we will be millionaires you'll see
Only joking of course :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Just a thought,
why not sell 51% to the members? you have some cash the site is safe and you still keep the control that is so important. because with out you the site would, as others have said ' move to the dark side'
Steve

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
We haven't met you 2 yet ( but will at Peterborough) but feel we know so many folks on here already! Our thanks to both of you. It would not be the same without you.
Looking forward to seeing you at Peterborough.
Cheers
Bernie & Rona.:Smile::Smile:

Fireman Sam

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Bushey
Funster No
MH
Class C
Exp
Only since 2012, but I towed for many years
Thank you Jim and Sian for not cutting and running. This is a great site/club and you must be very proud of your achievements. I haven’t yet met any Funsters in the flesh, so to speak, but I’m looking forward to doing so, as soon as I can. But I have received a great deal of help and advice on the site and I think of Funsters as my invisible friends.

Well done and thank you once again.

Mike

Dec 29, 2007
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1996
That was a brave decision Jim and Sian it must have been very tempting. :thumb:

Thanks for keeping motorhome fun ::bigsmile:

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Never met you, never (knowingly) met another 'funster' but this site has been a life-line to reality for me.

So much more than a motorhome forum

Keep up the good work:thumb:

Same for us Jim. We will hopefully meet some of you good people this year.
Much respect to you and your good lady. :thumb:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Just a thought,
why not sell 51% to the members? you have some cash the site is safe and you still keep the control that is so important. because with out you the site would, as others have said ' move to the dark side'
Steve

:Eeek:You've seen what some people are like just trying to discuss a subject. Imagine what they would be like with a little power:Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back