lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Found this on another website and thought it might be useful for someone.

Gerry

Teignbridge Council have car parks at Teignmouth (Dawlish Road) and Dawlish Warren, this car park is down by the railway line and park at the far end of the car park.Both parking places cost £1.10 to £1.40 all day and free from 6 pm til 8 am maximum stay 48 hours. Teignmouth is a 2 minute walk into to town, which we found friendly and good to eat, drink and to walk around. there is Jazz at the Jolly Sailor on Monday nights. The site at Dawlish Warren is much more remote (especially in winter) and there is noise from passing trains though not too bad. Great walking up and down the coast and around the Nature Reserve.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
cheap overnight.

Hi Found this on another website and thought it might be useful for someone.

Gerry

Teignbridge Council have car parks at Teignmouth (Dawlish Road) and Dawlish Warren, this car park is down by the railway line and park at the far end of the car park.Both parking places cost £1.10 to £1.40 all day and free from 6 pm til 8 am maximum stay 48 hours. Teignmouth is a 2 minute walk into to town, which we found friendly and good to eat, drink and to walk around. there is Jazz at the Jolly Sailor on Monday nights. The site at Dawlish Warren is much more remote (especially in winter) and there is noise from passing trains though not too bad. Great walking up and down the coast and around the Nature Reserve.

Hi Guys,

Yes you can overnight in your van, this is an e mail I received when i enquired to the council about these two car parks.

Dear Mr Randall

Thank you for your e-mail to Neil Aggett.

I can confirm that the facility for motorhome parking overnight, free of charge designed as a '1 night stop over ' is still in place in car parks on the landward side of the railway line at Dawlish Warren and Eastcliff Beach in Teignmouth. The pilot scheme currently carries a maximum stay of 48 hours in any one period, but as part of the annual review of car parking charges and operating conditions I have recommended to reduce to time frame to a maximum stay of 12 hours in order to better control the arrangement and ensure we comply with planning requirements associated with use of land.

I hope this assists, please let me know if you have any other enquiries relating to this matter.

Yours sincerely

Sue Edwards
Environment Standards Manager
Environment and Safety
Teignbridge District Council
Forde House
Brunel Road
Newton Abbot
Devon
TQ12 4XX
Tel 01626 215870
Fax 01626 215436
e-mail sue.edwards@teignbridge.gov.uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We stopped at a c@cc site in Dawlish Warren last year. I didnt see the mh parking in Teignmouth but were impressed with the parking facilities for mh's in Dawlish Warren. As said it is a nice area with plenty of walks up and down the coast.

There is a great bus service there as well. Dont forget to have a cup of tea at the red rocks cafe. If you like fishing the Mackeral jump on to the rod, a bit of silver foil and chuck em on the barby, mmmmmmmmmmmm !!!!

Jim
:Smile:

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
Surely, if as stated the time frame is reduced to 12 hrs it will effectively mean just an overnight stop, no time to see anything.
Steles

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Surely, if as stated the time frame is reduced to 12 hrs it will effectively mean just an overnight stop, no time to see anything.
Steles
That is a bit confusing, however the telephone number is there for the man who can say yes

Jim

Edit: I dont do wilding but there are a number of places there that I saw where I reckon you could stopover without any hassle. There didnt seem to be any type of loutish behaviour at all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

creamcake

Free Member
Jan 8, 2010
chudleigh devon
Funster No
MH
ldv conversion
teignbridge council

:soaobox: hi,i recieved this reply today. regarding the parking review.
creamcake

Attachments

• council.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 36

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
We've stayed a couple of times at both places, like both once you get used to the trains.
just read the letter from the council and was most confused (don't take much!!!) thought it was for me!!! then reread it!!!

Cheers...nige.....Charman!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back