Thought about Scotland independance (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Who do these people think they are that they can dictate to people against their will?

The more I think about this the more it winds me up Graham ... irrespective of where I was born, less than 10% of the UK population will decide the future of the other 90% ..

That cannot be right, it cannot be democratic.. and why oh why did Cameron ever agree to a referendum in the first place.. Was he so stupid or maybe naive to think the vote could only go one way ? the man is a tosser.

Also winding me up.. we have immigrants , ink barely dry on the social benefits claim forms deciding the future of my country, of your country ... a country that you and I can trace our fore fathers back several hundred years..
They are deciding the future of the UK .. that is wrong.

Scots are divided, Scots and English are divided.. father is falling out with son.. sons are falling out with brothers.. it's just plain madness.

I have removed the small Saltire flag from my car as I fear it may have attracted mindless idiots.. last thing I need is Scots rage on the road..

I am incensed .. in fact it may be worth challenging this in the ECHR .. every man jack of us should have had the vote.. :swear2:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
The more I think about this the more it winds me up Graham ... irrespective of where I was born, less than 10% of the UK population will decide the future of the other 90% ..

snip/
I have removed the small Saltire flag from my car as I fear it may have attracted mindless idiots.. last thing I need is Scots rage on the road..

I am incensed .. in fact it may be worth challenging this in the ECHR .. every man jack of us should have had the vote.. :swear2:

That is very sad indeed!

calion

Free Member
Sep 3, 2014
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since 2008
My other half has just been on the phone to his mum, who lives up there. She said its getting nasty now.

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
That is very sad indeed!
image.jpg
Wat do I do. Nothing I am proud to be Scottish as I am proud that I served in the BRITISH ARMY. And helped with the economy of this country this bull shit of Scotland leaving Scotland staying is Ballox to many ppl showing there hate. Y did u move the solitaire from your car because u might get attacked.shocking.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
That is very sad indeed!

yes.. it makes me sad aslo
Wat do I do. Nothing I am proud to be Scottish as I am proud that I served in the BRITISH ARMY. And helped with the economy of this country this bull shit of Scotland leaving Scotland staying is Ballox to many ppl showing there hate. Y did u move the solitaire from your car because u might get attacked.shocking.

We moved to Essex in 1989 and while it's a rare occurrence, we have both suffered racist remarks both at work and where we lived.. bad enough and while the risk is low, having a Saltire flag may just be enough for some tosser to lob a brick at the car ..

Nothing to do with pride or lack of it.. I see it as a preemptive action, overcautious perhaps.. but it's not worth the risk.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
View attachment 41725 Wat do I do. Nothing I am proud to be Scottish as I am proud that I served in the BRITISH ARMY. And helped with the economy of this country this bull shit of Scotland leaving Scotland staying is Ballox to many ppl showing there hate. Y did u move the solitaire from your car because u might get attacked.shocking.

Come and park on my drive mate............it's in Wales you will be safe!(y) But I can see exactly where Scotjimland is coming from. The mindless morons south of the border who would see the Saltire as ripe for targetting are alive and well. Cretins!(n) (Errr can I say that?):rolleyes:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
May be it's a generation thing. I have many Scots as mates and long term friends, so far I haven't heard one of them wish to vote Yes, so how come it's so close.

Maybe the youngsters or the crowd I'm not familiar with are voting No.

Anyway, I'd like the UK to stay just as it is, but if they leave I wish them luck with their new found "Fortune".

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The more I think about this the more it winds me up Graham ... irrespective of where I was born, less than 10% of the UK population will decide the future of the other 90% ..(snipped for brevity)
My mate was saying last night that the question should not have been "Should Scotland be an independent country?" but "Should Scotland be separated from the UK?". It could have produced rather different poll percentages.

Fingers still crossed for a No win and peaceful reconciliation ASAP.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
My mate was saying last night that the question should not have been "Should Scotland be an independent country?" but "Should Scotland be separated from the UK?". It could have produced rather different poll percentages.

Fingers still crossed for a No win and peaceful reconciliation ASAP.

Wholeheartedly concur!

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
See these ppl who do this I love to take the to the Somme Normandy even Waterloo there was no divide there we fought as British we died as British. Our boys and girls in afghan they don't want to hear this shit. The way I look at things is if your ok with me and I am ok with u y not be friends. I must own up to something here. Jim called me snappy yes I was being snappy at the time I thought I was not being snappy. But then a very good friend of mind who I met on here said shug Jim was right u was being snappy. I said rubbish I don't get snappy. :Eeek:.....:rofl:. My point is it's better to talk than have this divide. Jim I apologise. Ukbill thanks mate......:Smile:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Come and park on my drive mate............it's in Wales you will be safe!(y) But I can see exactly where Scotjimland is coming from. The mindless morons south of the border who would see the Saltire as ripe for targetting are alive and well. Cretins!(n) (Errr can I say that?):rolleyes:

Bertie,
Let's not ignore the mindless cretins north of the border also.
I have experienced the anti English thing in Scotland many times over many years.
More so than I've ever heard levelled against Scots in England.
We don't have an axe to grind, many (not all by a long chalk) Scots do.
Still in the No camp, but only just at the moment with the vitriol being directed at us by Scotland's odious leaders.
A lot of English folk who have been firmly in the no camp are getting to the stage where they don't give a toss.
King Alec's pig ignorance in the media and Mussolini style struuting are not doing Scotland or Scots any favours.

A prominent SNP man has said that an independent Scotland will more or less "get it's own back" on companies who see independence as bad for businesses.
he said "there will be a day of reckoning with the companies advocating Union, as they will be Nationalised".
Good advert for SNP, eh?

I agree with Jim that the issue here isn't Scottish independence, but the breaking up of the Union.
It's not an issue for hate filled Scots MPs who want to be king, but one for the whole of the Union.
In the current climate and given Salmond's behaviour, any ideas as to the result of that vote?

Last edited:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Bertie,
Let's not ignore the mindless cretins north of the border also.
I have experienced the anti English thing in Scotland many times over many years.
More so than I've ever heard levelled against Scots in England.
We don't have an axe to grind, many (not all by a long chalk) Scots do.

Oh yes indeed, I've illustrated on the Salmond thread that for me it's also personal. Having my mum abused by some kilted numbnut last Thursday is not what I consider 'mindful' rather than 'mindless'. But I qualified the statement by illustrating that the group of people who immediately came to her aid outnumbered those that didn't like her 'Better Together' sticker by a factor of five. On the phone on Thursday night she sounded more 'excited' than shocked............she told me that a big man with a beard told the miscreant to 'fu#k off'. I have never, ever heard that word pass my mums lips previously. :)

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Bertie,
I'm not talking about all Scots by any stretch of the imagination.
I've got good Scots friends both on here and off who are capable of deciding which way they want the vote to go in an objective manner, not just based on a sad "The English are Bastards" mentality.
Debate with Jim, Gerry, Bill, etc., you will get objective common sense.

Frentchy

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bordeaux France
Funster No
MH
Elnagh Baron Profiie
Exp
since late seventies
I've always thought there's something "Fishy" about Salmon an Sturgeon, especially as they have no sprats to care about what sort of future awaits them:(

OP
OP
Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
Mud Island, nr Mudchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
long (with Brian) short (alone) medium (with Andy)
If it went independent then the idiots in charge should step down and allow a new government to be voted in. I think all politicians are a waste of 02 l just think that others should be voted in as the ones in now were voted in in a different country so their positions do not apply.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
I've always thought there's something "Fishy" about Salmon an Sturgeon, especially as they have no sprats to care about what sort of future awaits them:(

You could be quoting an article I read earlier today..........which basically said they had no reason to think long term.......whatever they're both definitely fishy!

Last edited:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
irrespective of where I was born, less than 10% of the UK population will decide the future of the other 90% ..

That cannot be right, it cannot be democratic..

Scots are divided, Scots and English are divided.. father is falling out with son.. sons are falling out with brothers.. it's just plain madness.

Totally agree Jim.

My other half has just been on the phone to his mum, who lives up there. She said its getting nasty now.

As I said in a previous thread. In my own small hamlet there isn't a problem and no one has any posters or signs up. We have to rely on our neighbours due to the lack of services so best not to ask and not to tell. However in the nearest village it has descended into name calling and refusal of service in the pub and shops. These wounds will not be quickly forgotten.

We moved to Essex in 1989 and while it's a rare occurrence, we have both suffered racist remarks both at work and where we lived.. bad enough and while the risk is low, having a Saltire flag may just be enough for some tosser to lob a brick at the car ..

Nothing to do with pride or lack of it.. I see it as a preemptive action, overcautious perhaps.. but it's not worth the risk.

I have had the same having no strong accent I have been told I am an English .... locally and when at my parents been called a Scottish ..... Hey ho.

My vote is in and done. Will be glad to be away and overseas on Monday but hope to hear the result on Thursday or Friday local time.

May there be the huge turnout predicted and a clear majority not just a percent or two.

I hope folk remember that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is....

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Totally agree Jim.
snip/
My vote is in and done. Will be glad to be away and overseas on Monday but hope to hear the result on Thursday or Friday local time.

May there be the huge turnout predicted and a clear majority not just a percent or two.

I hope folk remember that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is....

Good post Pd and have a safe journey and a great time when you get there!:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back