This won’t help us get more Aires! (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Copied from CAMPRA’s FB page. Hope this wasn’t one of the new Fun aires

Edit: some members have asked for the name of this Aire (& I understand why) but, until we see how things develop, I think it's best not to give it out. I'm working with them to try to smooth things over. At some point, we might be able to organise a Sleep Out to Help Out there then we can show them how respectful & grateful we are.

This afternoon, I received a call from one of our newest Aires in the North East of England where Jacqui, Meg & I had worked really hard to get this company on board. I listened with horror as the manager described what his staff have experienced with 3 separate customers who pulled onto the forecourt demanding to know where the "serviced bays" are!
I just cannot imagine what these people were expecting to get for £5 ???!
The entry on S4S clearly explains that the waste point must be paid for and accessed through speaking to staff during opening hours.
It seems one of the 3 'customers' then proceeded to empty his waste onto the hard standing area at the front of the business.
All of these people used the facilities and then left without paying anything.
Now I'm fairly certain that these people cannot be Campra members but please can we keep vigilant if we hear or see anything like this or else I can see us losing Aires faster than we gain them if this sort of behaviour is not stamped out!

OP
OP
Potty
Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Are you saying that they emptied the grey tank or the cassette?
Is there an obvious grey tank emptying area?
I presume grey. Sorry, can’t answer your second question as I have only copied the FB page and the Aire isn’t named.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
This is the problem. There are motorhomers, and then there are "travellers". Not always easy to tell them apart...until they behave in a thoroughly uncivilised manner. By then it usually too late.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back