Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Really sorry but we will be unable to attend the meet this weekend.

I got a call at work around midday from my 85 year old neighbour to tell me that she had just managed to reach the telephone and call me. She had fallen last night and unknown to her at the time had broken her hip. She had stayed on the floor all night struggling to get near the telephone. Poor old girl.

I drove straight to her house but couldn't gain access, it was like Fort Knox, I had to call Fire Department to help me get in.

Paramedics came and whisked us up to the hospital, I have been there most of the afternoon, its the first time she has ever been to hospital, and she's scared.

They are going to operate tomorrow, I have just come home to get some things for her hospital stay, I can't leave her as she does not have any family here.

I was so looking forward to this weekend and I really am sorry. Dylan please accept my sincere apologies about the curry.

Must go,

Hope you all have a super time ::bigsmile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Really sorry, hope she gets better soon and what a lovely neighbour you are. Lets hope we can have another meet and do it all over again.:thanks2: for letting us know. Eileen

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hope she gets well and will be ok suzy,she is lucky she has you...dont worry about the weekend..another will come around soon enough..take care sammx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Sorry to hear about your neighbour - we hope she is soon on the road to recovery and thank goodness she has a friend like you.

Hope to meet you at another gathering one day :Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Well I am missing both of you guys along with Irina and the dogs.

I was expecting to pick Irina up on Saturday but my dad was sadly missing me terribly and wanted me home so best Irina stayed with him to have a family member with him.

Suzy what else could you do? although you are being missed:cry:

The curry was absolutely superb and Eileen has made us very welcome.

Weather has not been great but good enough to have Fun in:thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
South west wales meet at Cwmcuttan Nr Llandovery.

mark e

Free Member
Sep 29, 2007
Rhondda Valleys, S Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Year 3 of ownership !
Although not there for the weekend, only popped in this morning to see george and met the others that were there, inluding Jim,nice meeting you lot. Hope to go on more meets. Thanks. mark :Smile:

P.s, anyone who wants a motorhome washed, ask " sammclouis " aka sam, she done a cracking job on her c class, that would have put many men to shame. :thumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi All
Just arrived home and emptied the RV managed to hit the kerb mirror off 200yds from home Jan bent my ear for that another £35 quid gone.

Thanks to Dylan and John RR for a great weekend the curry and company were top drawer & Jan even got to watch the Dancing on Saturday night with her new friend Ginny thanks to John. A few pictures will be posted in a while, if you get the chance give this site a visit as you will be assured a warm welcome and room for 5 RVs.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Nice to meet you both, have a good holiday and come back and see us sometime.:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Thank you Ror and Jan for your company as usual it was a pleasure to meet up with you:winky:

Jan was very welcome to watch the dancing.

Sorry to hear you had a minor ding but heh they happen.:Sad:

Good luck on the biking holiday your about to embark on and keep in touch if you can:winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What a great weekend, there are still three of us here! it was great to put faces to names, what a nice bunch the "Funsters" are. A big thanks to all everyone who turned up and made it such a nice weekend, and a massive thanks to Eileen for the hospitality, this is a really nice site, if you come, bring extra bread for the carp, the ducks and chickens.:Smile:

I am just avoiding the washing up after Sian cooked a traditional Sunday roast, we used the Cobb to cook a lovely piece of beef to perfection. ::bigsmile:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
What a great weekend,
I am just avoiding the washing up after Sian cooked a traditional Sunday roast, we used the Cobb to cook a lovely piece of beef to perfection. ::bigsmile:

Nothing new there then Jim :ROFLMAO:

Glad the weekend went well! :thumb:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
hi just got back home after my 1st ever motorhomefun meetup...i had a great time and met some lovely people...cant wait for the next meet..:thumb:
thanks to dylans (eilleen)for the fantastic curry that was cooked on the fri night (right on cue for my arrival at 6.30pm)...was smashing and enjoyed every mouthfull..:thumb:
nice to put some faces to names and know who you are chatting to...sorry ror & jan about your little mishap on the way home...hope you get it sorted ok....also nice to meet you john RR and thanks for showing me around your fantastic RV..its the 1st RV iv been into...i even got the chance to have a nose around jim & sian's RV too..so thanks to you for letting me have a look at what im missing out on....i.e SPACE!!..LOL ::bigsmile: good for the kids ginny,katie & james.
was good to see tara & katie enjoying the great outdoors & feeding the carp in the pond..what a sight they were!!
hope the travellinglilberries (brian & julia) enjoyed their 1st ever meet up and i hope to see them again :thumb:
also good on george for helping out mark e on his charger problem..i believe it was sorted quite easily..:thumb:
and finally nice to meet mark e who popped down this morning with his van for GT to fix..he says i did a cracking job on my van cleaning it this morning..yes mark e i believe i did..but next time i will bring some extra brushes for all the shy men who stood watching......shame on you!!:ROFLMAO:
anyway i can go to work tomorrow knowing iv had a fab time.THANKS..im so glad i came...samm x

Last edited:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Yep still here - can't tear ourselves away from this gem of a site - a visit is a must for anyone coming to Wales - It would not be fair to keep it a secret :winky: you would all miss out !

Our first meet with great company :thumb:

Thank you Eileen(Dylan) and John(RR) for your very warm welcome when we arrived here - it made up for the chilly weather :Smile:

Thanks everyone nice to meet you all we really enjoyed it.

Brian & Julia

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
My first ever meet too, great to meet everyone, good to chat face to face, I'm glad I came.

Many thanks to John RR for organising, Jim for the forum that made it all possible, Elaine for the warm welcome and very scrumdiddlyhumptious curryfest (and for the seemingly endless supply of bread for Tara and Katie to feed the fish...)
Everyone for the great company and interesting conversations over the weekend.

Wont be the last meet for me....... :Eeek:

George

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi George, happy you enjoyed your first meet, shame it was too far for me,
look forward to meeting up sometime
Geo

Last edited:
G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Geo

Look forward to it, if this was anything to go by they are good fun and interesting.

George

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
hi all, sounds like we missed a realy good weakend:cry:
we might get to one soon as i get my finger out and get the engine back in hopefully intime for warwick:thumb:

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
The field

Link Removed

Mark e arrives for help from GT and just a few watchers:roflmto:

Link Removed

Ducks and all

Link Removed

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
What's Ror up to?:Blush:

Link Removed

Jim rig and gazebo

Link Removed

The field again

Link Removed

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
The pond

Link Removed

The ringleader and his dawg

Link Removed

The field again

Link Removed

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
hi all, sounds like we missed a realy good weakend:cry:
we might get to one soon as i get my finger out and get the engine back in hopefully intime for warwick:thumb:

Hi Ken and Dawn.

OOh Looks like a big job on there.
Reminds me of where I was last year with my previous motorhome.

Best of luck with the engine.:thumb:

What you doing to it?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well I would like to thank everyone who attended the Wales meet and made it so memorable.

The weather wasn’t fantastic although left this morning in glorious sunshine but very impressed with Jims Gazebo that put up with some pretty high winds on the Saturday night.

Eileen and Mark were superb host and got me out of trouble when on arriving I ignored the “keep of the grass” notice.

Dylan’s restaurant provided a simply superb curry with ALL the trimmings and other non spicy requests, what a wonderful gesture and will definately pop in for dinner next time over that way and can thank them enough.

Well this is certainly a site I will return to and hope we can arrange a summer meet up again there.

Sadly my father was having a bad time and so Irina could not attend but is green with envy now she has seen all the pictures but she was needed at home so I could be at the meet.

Was nice to meet Sam, George and the travelinglilburys whose company was wonderful as neighbours and hope they can make another meet soon.

The only downside of the whole meet was our Suzy & Bryan could not attend (next time guys)

Here’s to the next Mhfun meet.

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi Ken and Dawn.

OOh Looks like a big job on there.
Reminds me of where I was last year with my previous motorhome.

Best of luck with the engine.:thumb:

What you doing to it?

hi steve, taken the petrol engine out and going to put the diesel engine in:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
hi steve, taken the petrol engine out and going to put the diesel engine in:thumb:

Is that fairly straightforward regarding engine mounts etc?

I've done my fair share of engine transplants in my time but never converted from petrol to diesel.

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
yes steve all engine mountings in the same place this is about the 15 ive done now maybe the last because she who must be obeyed has put her foot down:cry:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
yes steve all engine mountings in the same place this is about the 15 ive done now maybe the last because she who must be obeyed has put her foot down:cry:

OOps Her that must be obeyed eh?

That's lucky then.So you forsee no problems with gearbox/drivetrain and exhaust?:thumb:

May it go smoothly.

PS You don't fancy dropping a diesel V8 in mine do you.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hi , just want to say thanks to everyone who came to Cwmcuttan this weekend and thanks to Dylans Restaurant at Manordeilo who provided the free food on Friday night. It was great to meet you all and what lovely people you all are ! The site looks a bit empty now you've gone home.
I have posted photos to my webmaster for my web site and I'm sure it will make a great page for Rv's and a bonus advert for Motorhomefun.
Thanks John (RR) for everything and look forward to the next one !
Eileen and Mark:thumb:

wildcamper

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
High Top
Exp
Hi Steve, All straight forward on these,
We could always arrange a weekend meet,,,you bring the engine and we'll fit it:ROFLMAO:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Har Har.

Better have a word with Dazzer.

He was getting me a deal on a RR Merlin 27 litre.

Not diesel though.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back