This weekend - 18-21 September 2009 (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
For anyone not so far north that the journey isnt worthwhile Park resorts have touring at a number of their sites

There is a 25% discount and availability this weekend

Here is their website Link Removed

This one sounds good

Link Removed

and is £40.50 for Friday to Monday including electric or just of £30 standard pitch. Its by the beach and the forecast is 20 degrees and 22 degrees, 20 degrees and 19 degrees for Friday to Monday, only Saturday shows possibility of showers - but this obviously all could change.

Safe journeys wherever you are xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Big con

Went to book site in Wales @ £12 a night minimum accepted this but then they wanted £6 a night for Bruno

Waste of time.

Sorry Gail not dig at you:winky:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I know we tend to just pay whatever if it's a site we want to go to, BUT £6 for the dog wouldn't get my business!

Are you sure they didn't know you/Bruno and thought you wanted stabling for him????:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Gosh that does seem a lot John especially as you are only 1 adult not two which is more common, I don't understand why they charge for a dog at all then

A small fee to cover their waste matter disposal perhaps but folk can do more damage to the premises IMHO with their bicycles, bbq etc ( no offence meant to anyone ::bigsmile: )

Hope you find somewhere reasonable

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
We only pay £3 per night for our dog a park resorts tenting and touring.

Just thought with 25% off some of you (especially with children) might find it worth it xxxxx

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Just returned yesterday from Park/Skipsea Sands.
4 outfits ( 2 m/hs + 2 tuggers booked), the other 3 where charged £33.00 for 2 nights we (Mrs + me) was charged £48.00 for same nights, we was told if we didnt like it we should get in touch with head office (we most certainly will) + it was that price or nothing.
As we (me + the Mrs) were the last to book we had no option but to pay or not join our friends for the weekend.

The site (touring site) in my opinion was very neglected, grass was cut + so was litter making lots of littler more + more lots of litter, pitches had hedges between them but the grass in the hedges probably not been cut all year, never once saw either of the 2 toilet blocks cleaned though there was a mop + bucket by the door if you fancied doing it yourself, the toilet block lights were on a timer with the censor at the entrance, i was having a shower at night + not being too nifty as i'm disabled by the time i was about to towel dry the lights went off leaving me in darkness, should i go starkers ( not a pretty sight should anyone come in ) + wet to the censor or wait ?, luckily someone did come in before i had made my decision. Many dogs there, i didnt need to look as i could hear them through the night barking + on a few occasions by the parcels left on the grass that the grass cutter hadnt chopped up. To many dark unlit areas due to lamp posts not working, pot holes in the road many in the unlit areas.

The bar was clean + very nice the caberet was excellent, two concerns over the bar staff bothered me (family been in restaurant + bar trade 29 years so i think i am qualified to comment strongly on these concerns), First complaint was the lager i bought the Mrs, "It Stank Like Sewage", she returned it, the barman asked if it was **** brand, when she said yes his reply was "Yes it Know its smelly, it was like that last night also", Mrs asked why was he still selling it + didnt he think it was best that he take it off sale?, he said he would but offered his fellow barman it if he wanted it but also said he wouldnt drink it because it was dodgy. He replaced it with another brand.
The second was a member of barstaff over charging by £8.??, the customer was gobstruck + not very chuffed, the bar wasnt very busy at the time + was he the 1st to be over charged ?.

Would i return ? Never.
Would i recommend ? Never.

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Big con

Went to book site in Wales @ £12 a night minimum accepted this but then they wanted £6 a night for Bruno

Waste of time.

Sorry Gail not dig at you:winky:

we go there a lot and we take 2 dogs and i never tell them iv got dogs and they dont use the club no one as heaver bothered us

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
Hi,must be a welsh thing,no offence,£3 they wanted for a old jackrussel we had,this was for the train up the mountain,i did'nt want them to carry her up the mountain...did'nt go in the end....you can't calculate a site anymore..it's £ for van,then adults'then how many kids' do you have an awning?..yes..how big?..how many dogs?.. elec?..do you want super pitch.or basic?.....get a grip cc sites....you arn't the on people hard up this year.or any year...just charge like you used to many many years ago.£3.50 tents pn,£7.50 c'vans m'homes.....or am i in the twilight zone...lets face it.you give us the crampest pitches you have....you must be incharge of the people that measure parking spaces in car parks......oooooh.this will offend someone i bet.Ang.:roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back