THIS week I bought (10 Viewers)

TOT

Feb 7, 2022
UK and Ireland
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
SWMBO has come back with a step for the passenger side of the MOHO as she is getting on a bit and doesn't like a bunk up in public .....
1649686663132.png

Just need a length of string to attached to it, so she can reel it in before closing the door before we drive off. She tells me she's okay with getting out due to the sliding technique she's developed.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
SWMBO has come back with a step for the passenger side of the MOHO as she is getting on a bit and doesn't like a bunk up in public .....
View attachment 604956
Just need a length of string to attached to it, so she can reel it in before closing the door before we drive off. She tells me she's okay with getting out due to the sliding technique she's developed.
exactly at the moment what I use, ( sadly sciatica at the moment)
Was going to get a litter picked grab thing! So can grab the step once in the van, saves hubby running round each time, then place fold up step behind my seat, have yet to try it..but 🤞

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
Just bought a pack of face masks. Didn't realise till we received Brittany Ferries pre-sailing email that they were still compulsory in enclosed public areas on the ship (French law apparently). One lives and learns.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I now drive one of the smallest cars to work ...then I drive one of these at work:LOL::cool:
View attachment 604155
What always worried me with small vehicles is when I stop & the lorry doesn't . Far more chance in a bigger vehicle.
Sealey PBJ5 Bottle Jack 5 Mtonne.
£96.10 delivered from Mr Bezos.
& I gave away a 10ton hydraulic with the last van.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Bought one of those C80 GPS digital speedo displays. Notwithstanding the instruction leaflet, try as I might, I cannot amend the date from GMT. Still just so long as it gives me a clear KPH display for my forthcoming trip to Annecy...

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
View attachment 604956
Nice idea with the step

Takes a special type of Lady to like a "bunkup" in public!!!::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018

Attachments

• F2243B7B-65BD-41CD-92FE-07B9FD30C48C.png
    F2243B7B-65BD-41CD-92FE-07B9FD30C48C.png
    639.4 KB · Views: 18
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.

Al n Val

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2019
West Yorkshire occasionally
Funster No
MH
Rapido i1090 Distinc
Exp
since 2018
Have a Amazon account and never thought of looking there. As for fitting, you obviously don't know me, if it's a wire no chance.
it simply plugs into your OBD port bottom of the fuse box normally and only fits one way round

if you can’t fit this you shouldn’t be driving lol 🤣

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
it simply plugs into your OBD port bottom of the fuse box normally and only fits one way round

if you can’t fit this you shouldn’t be driving lol 🤣
What the flip is a OBD:unsure:
As for driving, i'll have you know i was an international rally driver once:whistle:

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Can i ask, what's the purpose of these big external screen things?
We have these internal consortina blind things that for privacy and to block the sunlight.:unsure:

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
We have these internal consortina blind things that for privacy and to block the sunlight.:unsure:
i Have Silver Screens, and during the colder months it reduces the condensation to zero, they take less than two mins to put on, but they do a damn good job,,,that’s in addition to the remis blinds already fitted,,👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They prevent condensation as already mentioned and obviously provide insulation so the cab area doesn't get cold thus when you're sitting there you don't freeze.

We find them useful too for when we've got an early-ish start/going to the tunnel etc as we don't have to waste time waiting for the screen to clear which takes a lot longer than putting the screens away.

They are also a lot better at keeping the sun/heat out than fitted Remis blinds which is important for us with three pooches.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Also less light leakage of a morning so get to sleep a bit better when away.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Being new to the game (relatively).
Not had issues re condensation as yet. Only been on sites with EHU so heating internally not been an issue.
I am mostly up and about before daybreak so light not an issue and the remis blinds block out enough light that it dosn't bother Mrs Bob whilst she does lay in a bit.
As for heat, could see the issue on really hot days, especially in Europe.
Having spent decades in an area where the heat is incessant and daily in the 40c++ we have sort of adapted to it.
Interesting though.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Being new to the game (relatively).
Not had issues re condensation as yet. Only been on sites with EHU so heating internally not been an issue.
I am mostly up and about before daybreak so light not an issue and the remis blinds block out enough light that it dosn't bother Mrs Bob whilst she does lay in a bit.
As for heat, could see the issue on really hot days, especially in Europe.
Having spent decades in an area where the heat is incessant and daily in the 40c++ we have sort of adapted to it.
Interesting though.
The issue of condensation is massively increased the colder it gets outside, the warmer it is inside, and the amount of breathing you do. I think the problem will be more obvious when you’ve done some cold nights away 👍🏻

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back