Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Today I bought a Lumix FZ150 wih case and memory card

Thought best not leave woman out or she will get the hump....
So bought her an electric slow cooker.. tiny little thing but great for the camper
Oh, and a jumper thing from BHS that she has got to fix cos it has a fault on it ( something to keep the little woman* happy )

* She is only 5ft 1"

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I was not going to spend much at all this week but last week went for tyres on the merc......not in stock till Monday.

So this week two rear tyres £370 plus Vat Monday just got back to work and the wife rang my car just dissapeared in a cloud of white smoke and wont now go over 30mph, sounds like turbo take it down the garage and I will meet you there.......instructions to garage its due for a service and investigate fault think it's turbo.......1 new turbo pair of rear springs 1 broke full service £2500.00 and soon that needs a pair of front tyres another £400 and the Corvette needs a service and a set of tyres plus soon a tax disc.

So bummer not a good week all that lot and not one toy amongst them :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
just spent £8 on wild bird food for a NOT SO RARE AS I THOUGHT wild :cry:red beaked black swan

see here

Broken Link Removed

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
to day i got a motor mover to go on the trailer
£140 well spent hope to pick it up next week when i collect my RV from the repairer at Lincoln

:thumb::thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This week I received a rechargeable awning lantern that I ordered last week.

Looks ok for £30 :thumb:

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
One of these, only 1 left!
Link Removed

100metres of RED solar cable 4mm £44 delivered ::bigsmile:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
this week i bought...
new tire
solar panel plus fitting (Dave Newell)
125 aph leisure battery's x3
1 new starter battery
set of jump leads
brake fluid
:cry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This week I bought...

Another loaf of bread

And some more solder cos I was running out

And an 8 gig stick

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
When I return to the UK will list it all, I to have a longish list............

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
today i bought.
2 pushrods.
a conrod.
and a piston and rings.:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
today I bought some fenwicks, and cleaned the motorhome including the roor,just finnished now Im kna**erd

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
This week I bought:

A 105 AH battery
A water fill hose (flat hose in cassette)
A 12v vacuum cleaner
A waste water drain point tap
A collapsible (sp?) water container
A rucksack type camera bag (not arrived yet)
Two tickets for England v. Barbarians at Twickenham in May (Jill's birthday present)
What seemed like two thirds of all that was left on the shelves at Tesco's :Sad:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
This week I bought a Fiamma turbo vent post free over £150 Johns cross.
Today I realised I need the extension kit so have to pay postage on that :cry:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This week I bought:

Two tickets for England v. Barbarians at Twickenham in May (Jill's birthday present)

:

I like this.

Perhaps next year I will treat my wife to a 3 week trip to Australia in June. it might just coincide with the Lions tour ::bigsmile::thumb:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ooooo ooo !!!

New purchase this week

A packet of black self tapping screws with flange washers..

Why is it, no matter HOW careful you are, when you take a dash apart there is ALWAYS either a screw over or one missing !!!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A REAL bargain...

Was looking at fitting a Nature Pure system in the van.. Sort of blanched at the price so looked on fleabay

Found a complete system, fitted to a van for less than 6 months, complete with new spare filter cartridge, all as new.. Got is for £65 including postage

Felt a bit guilty really.. The seller had mis-spelt the name and the word filter (fillter ) so anyone looking for one would proly have missed it . I was the only bidder !

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
just bought a Boshe water heater (kettle type thing)

Just bought a Boshe one cup kettle type things that can do 2 single cups and has a Britas filter system.. great bit of kit.. saves having to carry a kettle and a jug filter.

Was going to have a plumbed system... but as we may change the RV at the end of this season decided to save the pennies.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just bought a Boshe one cup kettle type things that can do 2 single cups and has a Britas filter system.. great bit of kit.. saves having to carry a kettle and a jug filter.

Was going to have a plumbed system...but as we may change the RV at the end of this season decided to save the pennies.

Bob

So you have seen the light bob what colour vw is it going
to be.:winky:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Very good Buttons, very good

Very good Buttons, very good, would not have thought less of you if I had not read the post.::bigsmile:

No idea yet, but we may go for an A class RV.. I would like to keep in the same size if I could. I have fancied a Safari trek in the past and we may look at them again.. mind you even the 26' Winnebago aspect could be possible.. would like more slide outs.. I may have to push to 29' to get 3 of them... but early days, will look about at the shows.. May be end of this season or next year who knows... but sorry no VW, in fact no european ice cream van.. I liked the Deftlefts I saw on here this week.. but the issue of the bed etc., would rule it out.

Good try Buttons.. really good try..::bigsmile:

Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Very good Buttons, very good, would not have thought less of you if I had not read the post.::bigsmile:

No idea yet, but we may go for an A class RV.. I would like to keep in the same size if I could. I have fancied a Safari trek in the past and we may look at them again.. mind you even the 26' Winnebago aspect could be possible.. would like more slide outs.. I may have to push to 29' to get 3 of them... but early days, will look about at the shows.. May be end of this season or next year who knows... but sorry no VW, in fact no european ice cream van.. I liked the Deftlefts I saw on here this week.. but the issue of the bed etc., would rule it out.

Good try Buttons.. really good try..::bigsmile:
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Bob:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
[FONT=&quot]I never thought that I would say this but I am becoming quite fond of your Winne. I think that size has a lot going for it. Well apart from the mpg that is. If only you could get it to do just a few more miles to each gallon. [/FONT]:Sad:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes Buttons ideal size just a rather large engine

[FONT=&quot]I never thought that I would say this but I am becoming quite fond of your Winne. I think that size has a lot going for it. Well apart from the mpg that is. If only you could get it to do just a few more miles to each gallon. [/FONT]:Sad:

Yes Buttons, right size even with a slide out.. but I agree the big engine can be an issue fuel wise.. All up even with the trailer with a car on it I get 14 mpg slightly less if climbing through there tarn gorges in France... but with a V10 6.8 ltr engine it soon makes light work of the hills, have been know to over take a few campers on the climbs up...

Size wise (see the red link below to get some views of it before imported) it is ideal and sleeps 4 in two big doubles, but I could have had an LPG conversion like our friends the Griffs that had the 26' version of the Aspect.. but we worked out the cost and we felt we would never see any return.. the only winner would be the next owner ... spent the money on lots of other goodies. But good layout for the size. I would like an end bedroom.. also the Ford cab is a wasted use wise space, so hence thinking about an A class again.. had a few much bigger ones and no would not go over 30 again.. to much of a hassle, especially if you haul a 20' trailer. I am, currently 45' long overall, that is more than enough... but now on the looing trail, we did have a look at Shepton last September, but mainly talk then..

Bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back