Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Today I moved into the 21st century and bought myself a 'Smartphone'. :eek:

It's a POCO F3 5G from Amazon. £266.12.

I was somewhat taken by surprise because it came without a charging cable and user instructions
( when I bought my present phone, a Nokia 6210, it came with instructions in 10 languages. How times have changed! :LOL: )
Is this no cable normal?

Off to the phone shop tomorrow to spend more money on a case and a USB Type C cable. It's all too much for a simple, poor, old pensioner!

Looked up the user manual online, 54 pages! I know what will be occupying my nights reading for the rest of the winter. :unsure:
Get yourself heavy duty cable not the flimsy samsaung type I have gone through 6 in six months , you can charge through USB on laptop or from your cigarette lighter in your van, yes no charger the norm now as everyone had loads and it was environmental bad

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
I succumbed and bought a collapsible kettle.

IMG_20221230_224924919_HDR~2.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The wheels on the van have been in need of a refurb.

So, this week I treated all four to a powder coating.
The Van, being in gold/champagne (whatever), I was tempted to go down the same colour but common sense, in the form of Mrs Emmit prevailed.

Anyone in the Plymouth area who wants a recommendation, Roundabout & Moxham at Yelverton are the peeps wot did it.

Photos in a mo.

IMG_20230113_153148.jpg

IMG_20230119_134333.jpg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The wheels on the van have been in need of a refurb.

So, this week I treated all four to a powder coating.
The Van, being in gold/champagne (whatever), I was tempted to go down the same colour but common sense, in the form of Mrs Emmit prevailed.

Anyone in the Plymouth area who wants a recommendation, Roundabout & Moxham at Yelverton are the peeps wot did it.

Photos in a mo.
How much did they charge Derek. We have the same wheels and are tempted to tidy them up

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
How much did they charge Derek. We have the same wheels and are tempted to tidy them up
Originally I got a quote of £95 (I assume plus VAT) but that outfit wanted just the wheels with me being responsible for removing the tyres and replacing them at the end of the process.
My team did it for £80 +VAT and they removed and replaced the tyres themselves, additionally they replaced the valves and balanced them.
The bill was just shy of £400

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
A new heater fan motor that they say requires dashboard removal that is stated as taking 8 hours ?? Whether that is both dismantle & mantling:giggler: I've no idea.but guess it isn't having looked at the job already.no wonder they scrap vehicles these days.

dna

Jan 17, 2010
Llandudno
Funster No
MH
AT Tribute 680 pvc
Exp
since 2009
Get yourself heavy duty cable not the flimsy samsaung type I have gone through 6 in six months , you can charge through USB on laptop or from your cigarette lighter in your van, yes no charger the norm now as everyone had loads and it was environmental bad
i always get a glass screen protector in the hope i wont have to pay for a new screen. My last phone lasted long enough that Apple stopped providing software updates and the battery only lasted about half a day - the screen though was as good as new

Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
A Garmin sat nav and dedicated wireless reversing camera, a Garmin sat nav charger unit, a dash-mounted sat nav holder, a 2023 Philip's Easy To Read road atlas covering all of Europe, a French phrase book (my partner speaks good Spanish so I don't need to) and an assortment of water hose fittings.
Our first trip abroad starts at the end of March, so plenty of time to buy shed loads more !

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hi.
Ipswich...West Coast... Home of Delia Smith. :love: ..Of course your warm with just those two things in your favour...THEN.. You are surrounded by the Sugar Beet factories,boiling beet to within an inch of the lives... THEN ( Again :ROFLMAO: ) When passing through of a NIGHT, ( OFF log book/Tacho 🚛 ) ALL the fires in secluded Spinneys/Copses ( Witches Covens ? :ROFLMAO: ) .If you get an invite.....( PM me in a plain bown envelope. ;)
No wonder your B!**+y WARM !! In the BIG I !!
Tea Bag.
PS. Mate was working on installing Matrix signs on the A14 . " Orwell bridge " He said try and get a look see inside....Proper
IPSWICH EAST COAST.BUSBY.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
IPSWICH EAST COAST.BUSBY.
Hi.
Have apologised on a previous post and given my...." Good sound reasons as to why i had moved the BIG I to the West coast" As stated i am now viewing my Phillips Road Atlas. "Scale 1 mile equals 1 mile. I have the WIDE screen version." Sorry about the spellig/mix ups in this post. post,Jwennifer has forgotten her reading glasses.........Guess who is in charge of Glasses today ?.....DOH !!
Tea Bag :ROFLMAO:

Apr 26, 2022
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Majestic 115
FIAMMA Tie downs. Decided to invest as they were on offer. More stuff to hide under the seats...

And an Over-65 seat ticket for Aldershot versus Oldham on Saturday....

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Where did you find the atlas 1mile to1 inch please?
Hi.
We were coming into Dover docks a while back and just..................... " Bumped into it :rolleyes: As you do " Good job i have a Showmans guild card,i tow it behind me on multiple trailers.
Tea Bag

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Forked out for a new engine battery from Tayna. Yuasa BX5019 100AH 900CCA. Just a bit shy of £140. Existing one was the original, so 7 years old and not holding its charge very well. Several sheets of 1" polystyrene free to a good home rather than it leaching out of landfill and end up choking some poor dolphin. ;)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Forked out for a new engine battery from Tayna. Yuasa BX5019 100AH 900CCA. Just a bit shy of £140. Existing one was the original, so 7 years old and not holding its charge very well. Several sheets of 1" polystyrene free to a good home rather than it leaching out of landfill and end up choking some poor dolphin. ;)

I go over the polystyrene with a heat gun and shrink it down….😎

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This week's purchase is a Ridge Monkey Compact XL.

Well it is the little woman's birthday soon....😉
Isn't that a bit of a daft description ... how can a Compact be XL????? Surely it must be a Chubby!!! :giggle:

Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
This week (so far) a Stop Lock Pro steering lock and a Fiamma hab door security lock.
We also collected our van on Thursday (hurrah!) and the dealer gave us a new bottle jack (the original jack is in the van), new leisure battery (even though the 2 fitted are in rude health), a 25 metres hook-up cable and a 2-pin extension cable, some new plastic steps to access the van (even though the electric step works fine) and a new set of over-carpets (which I think are the originals, although totally unmarked).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back