THIS week I bought (3 Viewers)

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
As ridiculous as it sounds, I bought a string of morroccan fairy lights to replace the ones I broke pushing something through the van recently to stow in the back. At least, I think I bought them this week. They definitely went in the van this week. I NEVER thought I'd be the kind of person to worry about fairy lights in a van. But then I have to admit to having bunting in it too. Only one string of lights, and one of not too fancy bunting though. Can't go overboard.
The van usually has it's Christmas decs up by now, but this year for some reason I can't find 'em. So it looks like a decoration-free Christmas this year for Tonks. Picture of last year's decorations. And yes, I acknowledge that at that time there were TWO sets of bunting, but ONLY at Christmas!

Maybe for the house too, at this rate. On venturing 3/4 of the way up the ladder to the loft, usually QUITE far enough to reach and pull down the tree and the box of decorations, I discover that the electricians who did some work on the place this year have 'helpfully' pushed the tree right down the end of the unbounded, shallow loft. So now I have to work out how to hook it back, given that I don't think I can face actually climbing in there... I KNOW, I know. I used to climb into my previous loft no problem, but the access to this one is awkward, there's no fixed ladder, it's unboarded, and I DON'T LIKE IT up there!

P1030306-web.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
How does that work then.Get the amazon dot bit but how does it tell you the temp.in the fridge.

Our fridge and freezer have a Sonoff SNZB-02 temperature/humidity sensor mounted in each and are paired to our MiFi via the ewelink app which in turn is linked to the Echo Dot via the Alexa ewelink skill.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
The government might do it for you...

I like the front panel you have on your canopy, btw. Did you have that printed up yourself, or buy it like that?
It was a firm off eBay ,you choose the picture any picture and he prints onto a screen for you. It’s certainly a talking point on site . Many people pose for pictures in front of it 😂

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
We've just spent fortune on a holiday cottage for 8 days starting next Monday in the village our Grandchildren live in. Came up very last minute, up until then xmas was going to be a extremely quiet affair. We'll be broke but hey we'll have a great time with family 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

Jon B

Free Member
May 24, 2021
Darkest Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxstar 540
Exp
Since 2015
Just bought on Amazon...... Karcher K2 - normally £107.00 deal price was £75.89 - Only need the entry level model to clean up the patio / garden furniture etc come the spring, so seemed a good saving ;)

Offer ends on the 15th Dec

1639403204030.png

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I have just ordered a new flat hat to help with upper insulation on the bonce. The elastic in my old one has lost its grip making it unwearable in anything above a breeze. It’s only lasted five years. I thought for £8 from Skipton market it was good value.
The new one is a posh wax cotton one from Failsworth hats. My wife lived near there factory until we moved to Germany . Apparently they have been making hats there for over a hundred years.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yesterday I bought car insurance - £137.90 fully comp including legal cover & protected NCD (3,000 miles) and the Bully bonus is that I'll get a payback from TopCashback of £42 in due course making it only £95.90! :giggle:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Yesterday I bought car insurance - £137.90 fully comp including legal cover & protected NCD (3,000 miles) and the Bully bonus is that I'll get a payback from TopCashback of £42 in due course making it only £95.90! :giggle:
Who was that with Minxy please

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Who was that with Minxy please
I used Quidco and Topcashback own searches and both came up with pretty much the same ones, Quidco only gave £40 back whereas Topcashback was £42 so I went with them. On the searches Saga came out cheapest but the excess was £550! :eek: All the others were £100 excess and Lloyds was next but didn't include Legal cover which Budget did, the other more expensive ones didn't include it either so having read up about Budget I decided to go with them.

1639564494401.png

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I have to start looking for the car so will have a closer look thank you

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I have to start looking for the car so will have a closer look thank you
I did it 23 days before it was due to get the best price, the close you leave it to the required date the more expensive it gets.

gradyp

Free Member
Aug 18, 2011
Widnes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Supreme 155
Exp
Just agreed on a Roller team Zefiro 696 collection next September :(:( Buying from Alan Kerr , so a bit of a journey to do the deal but no one has one coming in.
Was looking at Benimar Tossoro 494 but almost the same as the Roller team (Triango owned companys) but the Roller team £15K cheaper also the trade in price was a bit better.
I will have a go at selling my current van next year and see how I get on , may make a bit more that way

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
its silly o clock to be awake and just spent £200 on fishing stuff .Is there any way to disable ebay say at midnight, asking for a friend
Should by from amazon or any site with free returns makes the spending urge a lot less painful when you can send it back for free and get a full refund :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back