LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I bought one last year and it's too much faffing for a small amount of coffee, the wife refused to use it after the 1st attempt. I'm know the proud owner of an Aeropress about £30 from Amazon and takes proper coffee. It makes a mug of coffee at a time, so much better IMHO

I gave in and bought a Aeropress earlier this year after all the rave reports on it from Funsters an a previous thread on coffee makers, and I have been thoroughly unimpressed with it.
Looks like I will be sticking with my Moka pot for the time being as it makes a far superior cup of coffee than the Aeropress and is no more of a faff to use than the Aeropress IMO

duane0001

Free Member
Jan 18, 2013
East Coast, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
Expedition 67 soon!
Exp
2021 This time
A motorhome, (well it arrived Friday)

Attachments

• X7TvF1w+Tdimu+QIEopMJA.jpg
    X7TvF1w+Tdimu+QIEopMJA.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 86
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I gave in and bought a Aeropress earlier this year after all the rave reports on it from Funsters an a previous thread on coffee makers, and I have been thoroughly unimpressed with it.
Looks like I will be sticking with my Moka pot for the time being as it makes a far superior cup of coffee than the Aeropress and is no more of a faff to use than the Aeropress IMO
Went from aeropress to Moka pot is better coffee less faff, and also gets on with it it’s self so you can do something else whilst it performs. The aeropress was loads of bits, and none stop faffing whilst doing it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Something I wasn't expecting to buy but which may come in handy if I find a dark campsite away from lights

I was looking through an auction catalogue online when I happened across what I found out was an astro tracker , it was very badly listed with one photograph , the wrong title and just said with tripod which could've been from Asda , thankfully it wasn't

I put my bid in not expecting to win as it costs a lot more than I bid
20210819_104414.jpg

And guess what , I won it

Mrs wack isn't that impressed , I set it up , her first words when she set eyes on it were

Oi, you can get R2D2 out of my living room

For those that've never seen one you mount a camera to it , it tracks the night sky so you can take long exposure photographs of stars

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Bits and Bob's for the MH this week include:
Filling noozle/funnel and a tv remote holder from PaulandChrissy (collecting in person from them Sunday.
Colplaz collapsing watering can/bucket for quick topups when away from tap. 10m food grade hose for quicker fills when by tap as current roll flat/ run through hose is super sloooowwww.
, last time used had a barney with a guy on site when filling van - Tugger wanted to fill his roller at the MH service point.
Aldi version of a dremel type tool(will find something to do with it!!)

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Replacing the one habitation battery with two, wet type as do not have the wherewithal at this time for lithium nor the time as need it in a few days to go up to Shap off grid. The existing has has lost a cell by all accounts and three years of use so it appears to be knackered. The replacements have a five year guarantee so lets hope they live up to their expected life. Fortunately there are two dedicated battery compartments in the rear store slap in the middle so not the easiest access but under the lower floor so once in place they can can be left alone. Ordered the connecting cables from eBay as the battery supplier did not do them.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
My wife mentioned how it was heavier than the proper bbq that we now use. I said yes, but then add the bag of charcoal, lighting block, lighting chimney. Most of the Q weight is the grill plate so could even store that further forward in the van. Got to have a play to finds it storage place now.

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just in Freckleton getting a towbar fitted

Found some history I knew nothing about , what a tragedy , 5 seconds either way and it might've been a different outcome
20210825_124111.jpg

20210825_123103.jpg
20210825_123116.jpg

20210825_123006.jpg

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
This week we have bought;

Motorhome
Road tax
Insurance
Storage
Tv
Battery master
Anti-rattle goodies - bags, boxes and non-slip matts
Chip paint
Solar PCS connectors
Mud flaps
Wi-fi SIM card (had the box)
Cable reel
Toilet fluid
Pitch reserved sign
Level ramps
Probably some other stuff too…
I am soooooo jealous! This motorhome purchasing is exhausting...I am thinking that a little bit of knowledge is a good thing but too much is narrowing down my options and I wish someone would come along and find me my perfect (🤣🤣) motorhome!!

Jul 4, 2021
North Dorset
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I am soooooo jealous! This motorhome purchasing is exhausting...I am thinking that a little bit of knowledge is a good thing but too much is narrowing down my options and I wish someone would come along and find me my perfect (🤣🤣) motorhome!!
Good luck! We came to the conclusion that you need to get in one that you think is good for you and live with it for a year, that way you’ll find out what works and what doesn’t for you. In the current market you won’t loose money (dealers can’t buy them) so the risk is lower than it would be if there wasn’t this holiday in the Uk craziness - and that’s not going away for a few years yet.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Good luck! We came to the conclusion that you need to get in one that you think is good for you and live with it for a year, that way you’ll find out what works and what doesn’t for you. In the current market you won’t loose money (dealers can’t buy them) so the risk is lower than it would be if there wasn’t this holiday in the Uk craziness - and that’s not going away for a few years yet.
Fully agree and that's exactly what we did.

Aug 4, 2021
Haslington, UK
Funster No
MH
Niesmann and Bischof
I hadn't thought of it like that! We have seen a few that we like the look/sound of...I think we just need to get out there and jump in!!

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
For our new-to-us MoHo, this week I bought;

1. Thetford Blue, Pink and Grey (the Blue reminds me of our tugging days long ago and I spent 5 minutes breathing in the smell !!! LOL)
2. A 50m mains hookup cable
3. A 15m mains cable with circuit breaker and 3 UK sockets (we live in France but computers and printer still have UK plugs)
4. A 3-way splitter
5. Mini spirit level

Lots more on the 'I need it' list, so more to come :)

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
What's the Grey for!!!
Asking as a newbie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back