LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I have full motorbike licence, but thought that it did not cover these. Has the law changed to allow electric bikes now?

Would be interested to know weight, power, range and cost.
You will also need lots of mirrors, lights and a parka jacket Peter.😀
1621163211249.png

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
It’s 100kg (with removable battery), 40mph and 50 mile range….not huge but enough for us to get to places from pitch then back again. Just shy of £3k OTR.
Many thanks that is interesting. Wondering whether I should get rid of my Suzuki Address. If I removed the battery and stored it in the hab area that would reduce the weight on my rear axle. But on the other hand we are often off grid so no charging available. I will keep an eye on these now.

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
Many thanks that is interesting. Wondering whether I should get rid of my Suzuki Address. If I removed the battery and stored it in the hab area that would reduce the weight on my rear axle. But on the other hand we are often off grid so no charging available. I will keep an eye on these now.
There are lots of different types available, plenty that are faster and better range, we just loved the look of this and it does what we need plus as battery tech improves I can improve the range in a couple of years with a new battery, not bothered about the speed but wanted more than 30mph.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
You will also need lots of mirrors, lights and a parka jacket Peter.😀
View attachment 497313
I used to have a Lambretta Li 150 with all the chrome, mirrors, whippy aerials, tiger tails etc as well as an ex US Army fish tail Parka with fur on the hood. Wished I kept them as they could probably be worth a fortune now.

Mind you a kick start at my age could be lethal!

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
Just noticed you are in TW, these come from Bumblebee Bikes in Polegate, they have quite a range of different electric bikes with different power and ranges so if you are down that way might be worth popping in and having a look.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A frying pan, a map (yes a paper one) of the Outer Hebrides and a fire blanket.
You cooking the books for the SNP again? :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This ... cute but no wheels ...

Broken Link Removed

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
On my version I had splash back problem and solved by having a small tube fixed in the elbo which goes into filler neck a bit.
It was splashing back from the funnel top not where it goes into the filler itself so we had to pour slowly to avoid wet feet, the one we have now with it sitting upright in the angled pipe works a treat.

Sep 2, 2020
Ferndown Dorset
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 C
Exp
Coachbult Newbie but 45+yrs caravanning
An expensive few weeks ahead :whatthe:
1. Just had a Yuasa AGM leisure battery delivered from Tayna, to add to the existing one of the same brand/type. Couldn't believe it arrived less than 24 hours after ordering (y)(y)
2. Booked Vanbitz for Gaslow, battery master & fitting above battery while the van is there. (Then discovered our nearest garage with LPG is stopping next month!)
3. Booked Solar Solutions for VB semi air suspension assist to raise back end to help stop grounding due to long overhang.
4. Car service & MOT
5. Wedding anniversary :whatthe:::bigsmile:
6. Work supposedly starting next week to replace 120' of close board fencing in garden.
7. Hab check in September.

If anybody comes across me busking, please give generously :roflmto:. Wife & Motorhome to support ::bigsmile::roflmto: (plus she wants to get a dog when fence is done :winky: )
Oops - forgot......
8. Halogen oven from Welsh girl
How do you like your VB semi air suspension by Solar Solutions as I have booked mine in for next month for the same system due to to a saggy rear end!

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
How do you like your VB semi air suspension by Solar Solutions as I have booked mine in for next month for the same system due to to a saggy rear end!
Brilliant! Gives me about a 4" lift at the rear when needed for ferries, etc., some French speed humps if I see them in time :LOL:, I usually run at about 2.5 bar & as steady as a rock. Not the cheapest installation, but well worth it. Hope this helps.

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Nothing very sophisticated but we found a plastic sieve in Lidl. The one we had in the motorhome had gone rusty. We think we we had that one during our trailer tent days so it’s had a good innings.
Also we bought a washable mat for the dinning room door but it was a bit too small so we tried it in the motorhome. It’s a perfect fit in the doorway so that’s were it’s staying. We will keep looking for another mat for the dinning room after we have measured this time.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A service for the Smart ForFour - £214 as it needed a full one doing including brake fluid replacement, however we did buy a £3 MOT from Halfords for it too, the MOT wasn't £3 but in order to get a free MOT we had to buy something from them so hubby got a bucket which was the cheapest most useful thing they had in stock at the time. :giggle: It passed with flying colours ... the car not the bucket! :p

Also got a slightly used smaller sized double skillet off Ebay (no lid but don't need it) which was £24.50 delivered but we had a free £5 voucher and also £2.50 in Nectar points so only paid £17.00 ... hubby is well chuffed as he's worn our other one out! :LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back