LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
When we bought our present MH, it came with one Peugeot keyed remote, a couple of spare just keys and a couple of alarm remotes.
Thought about getting another Peugeot keyed remote but could not justify forking out £200 plus from the dealer.

While looking for some other Peugeot bits on eBay I came across some what I presume to be Chinese knock off of the Peugeot keyed remote for £24.95.
Rang the local auto locksmith who quoted £100 to cut and program the key remote.
Key arrived at the beginning of the week and the auto locksmith left half an hour ago having relieved me of £100 for 1/4 hours work.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=264427522584

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
I’d be happy with standard Fiat Alloys
I think the Scorpon Anthracite are a standard optional alloys on Rapidos nowadays.

Before with standard steelies and after with Scorpions:

wheels bna.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
two led reading lights for in the bedroom, the 2 current lights shine directly down, and are waaaaaay to bright, weekend will be fitting them, and bought a small dehumidifier from aldi for the van...........

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
Went to Johns Cross at the weekend....it was a disaster as my better half wanted to buy everything they had! Luckily they only had the display table she wanted and that was bent so saved me a double mortgage but still left with an armful of goodies including cup holders, 12v kettle (for when we are on euro tunnel and gas is turned off....I said buy a flask but she said that we can boil eggs in a kettle!!!) and some flowery looking can holders for when we are sitting on the sun loungers. I think there was more stuff as well but the Prosecco at Sunday lunch has addled my memory.

We had a good chat with them about awnings which was really helpful and thought about buying the camping bunk beds for the grandkids. I am under orders to take her back for a proper shop in Johns Cross soon so I might have to put my liver and one of my kidneys up for sale on the classified section here to pay for it.

Great prices BTW, I’d always support local businesses but still check online prices to see if I have overspent but they compared well to Amazon

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I use a pair of the hospital type scissors to work on my fuses, but I changed ALL my fuses to LED fuses, light up when they blow, loads on eBay, not that mine often, but very handy if they blow at night
I fitted a 'tell tale' fuse board. Does the same lights up when fuse blows, or is removed, for each of 10 fuses in the board..

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Went to Johns Cross at the weekend....it was a disaster as my better half wanted to buy everything they had! Luckily they only had the display table she wanted and that was bent so saved me a double mortgage but still left with an armful of goodies including cup holders, 12v kettle (for when we are on euro tunnel and gas is turned off....I said buy a flask but she said that we can boil eggs in a kettle!!!) and some flowery looking can holders for when we are sitting on the sun loungers. I think there was more stuff as well but the Prosecco at Sunday lunch has addled my memory.

We had a good chat with them about awnings which was really helpful and thought about buying the camping bunk beds for the grandkids. I am under orders to take her back for a proper shop in Johns Cross soon so I might have to put my liver and one of my kidneys up for sale on the classified section here to pay for it.

Great prices BTW, I’d always support local businesses but still check online prices to see if I have overspent but they compared well to Amazon

Hope you remembered to use your Funsters 10% discount at Johns Cross. (y)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
No, I completely forgot about it then recalled it in the George Inn as the first glass of prosecco was settling in!!

Oooops, ............. been there done it as well, although I did remember when I ordered a few bits off of Jonhs Cross online last night.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
This week I bought
2 new 110AH batteries and a Ctek charger.
Had the van serviced.
A new pair of hiking boots.

Bloody skint now, can't afford to go skiing but the vans ready :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Had much luck skiing in Hiking boots Rory? I guess it must be cheaper knowing you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
We bought a Clutch Claw, great price using The Wombles 10% discount code.
Ordered last Thursday, but not arrived yet, just hoping it fits the X290 without hack saw modification to make it fit under dash board:unsure:.

Resigned from The CMC club after 4 years of ever increasing site fees,(y) but joined the CCC last night, to get the JUST over 60 discount, non electric pitches, plus maybe use their THS, or CS sites.
LES

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
This week I bought
2 new 110AH batteries and a Ctek charger.
Had the van serviced.
A new pair of hiking boots.

Bloody skint now, can't afford to go skiing but the vans ready :Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Had much luck skiing in Hiking boots Rory? I guess it must be cheaper knowing you :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
They are probably worn out by now Geo. Rory posted above, back in 2012. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I got my hands on this lovey van. My first hymer do some things are different. I love the already and just a few things to put on it solar, towbar. View attachment 366314View attachment 366314
I'm only going by the brick chocking the front wheel, but does that indicate perhaps a new handbrake cable as well? :LOL:

Nice looking MH BTW. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Reactions: Geo

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We bought a Clutch Claw, great price using The Wombles 10% discount code.
Ordered last Thursday, but not arrived yet, just hoping it fits the X290 without hack saw modification to make it fit under dash board:unsure:.

Resigned from The CMC club after 4 years of ever increasing site fees,(y) but joined the CCC last night, to get the JUST over 60 discount, non electric pitches, plus maybe use their THS, or CS sites.
LES

Did you go for the digital version of the club mag Les, which saves another £6 ?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Did you go for the digital version of the club mag Les, which saves another £6 ?
Dont really know mate, joined late last night, took Digital Membership, not paper, which was as you say about £6 cheaper so £40 instead of £46, loads of other add ons offered at the check out, but didnt bother to explore them, just followed through to get a much needed membership number, to let us get down to Wales in a couple of weeks time to join the Welsh Crew.
Are the CCC magazines the same as the CMC, full of adverts for funeral plans, and never a bad review on anything they test? if so might need to set up a rule on outlook to put them straight in junk file:giggle:
We will see how good the Chunnel & ferry discounts are soon, fingers crossed.
LES

Dec 25, 2015
Nelson New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Since 1998
This week I bought a Miles Nelson door latch to hold the habitation door open. I got fed-up with the door slamming closed in the slightest wind. If the fly screen was in use the door would snag on it. Hubby says he'll use a stud finder before fixing it. I've asked if I can borrow it afterwards! ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back