THIS week I bought (3 Viewers)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I’m off to Spain in January and as I went there last year I was shown one of these fly swatters which seemed to work well, so today I bought one. But as some of you might remember my mishap with a canine animal last year just before Christmas,
I was wondering if such a thing happened this time and a dog tried to attack me if I had this on me and the dog went to attack, if I hit him on his wet nose if the electric shock would send him packing, and allow me to escape to the safety of my MH. Anyone tried touching one of these when active???
And what sort of shock would you get??
View attachment 353007

I've touched a cheapo chinese shop one, wont do it again.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Believe me, they make you jump !! Should think if you get it on a dogs nose it would run like hell !!!!

They certainly do! A few years ago I was walking Dotty the Dalmatian near the local duck farm when she nosed up against an electric fence. She took off with a howl into the woods. After an hour's fruitless search I found her sitting on the doorstep, looking very sorry for herself... :(

She didn't forget it - never again was I able to persuade her to go anywhere near that lane......:giggle:

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Today I bought armour locks for our front Ducato doors.
A Dji mavic Air drone and a MacBook ready for our escape in March.

don't forget to licence yourself to fly and own it (https://dronesafe.uk/) done mine easy flying user test

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I’m off to Spain in January and as I went there last year I was shown one of these fly swatters which seemed to work well, so today I bought one. But as some of you might remember my mishap with a canine animal last year just before Christmas,
I was wondering if such a thing happened this time and a dog tried to attack me if I had this on me and the dog went to attack, if I hit him on his wet nose if the electric shock would send him packing, and allow me to escape to the safety of my MH. Anyone tried touching one of these when active???

When we first got them my wife (Stephanie) invited everyone to touch it - her uncle (real brainy multi millionaire ) did so and squealed like a kid in total shock then amazement that it hurt !!!!

I have one dismantled and re-engineered on to make a static grass dispenser for my model railway cost 1€ for the fly swat and 99p for a tea strainer works really well even compared to a proper one at £15.99

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
When we first got them my wife (Stephanie) invited everyone to touch it - her uncle (real brainy multi millionaire ) did so and squealed like a kid in total shock then amazement that it hurt !!!!

I have one dismantled and re-engineered on to make a static grass dispenser for my model railway cost 1€ for the fly swat and 99p for a tea strainer works really well even compared to a proper one at £15.99

You are not alone !

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
View attachment 353007
Try with your younger

Only joking ??

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
A little treat for Christmas often around £36
Taittinger Brut Reserve NV Champagne (750ml)

ASDA

£27.00 less 25% if you buy six so £20.25 a bottle

• Morrisons
    £28.00
    Amazon
    £25.00 Ocado£26.25.

• Im partial to a bit of decent champers (y) Happy Christmas me!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
And what sort of shock would you get?
They do give a bit of a shock as my hubby found out when he was wondering how much it would hurt! :xlaugh:It was a good job he only tested it with his finger instead of his tongue which he was gonna use (do you remember testing 9v batteries to see if they were dead like that o_O).

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The pressure cooker we brought with us to Spain won't pressurise and literally has a 'hissy fit' when we try to use it and as we can't do without one for the time we're here (could be another 2 months) we bought a new one in Al Campo which was on offer for under €30 with a deep 6L and shallow 3L base so we can use whichever suits our needs best. It works great and is much quieter than the numerous ones we have at home (don't ask!) so very pleased with it, gonna get my Mum one as a 'late' Christmas pressie if they have any left, same as the below but at the discounted price:

Broken Link Removed

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
View attachment 353007

Well YOU wouldn’t get any, but the dog would get some short of shock, but still be prepared to run fast

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
A replacement CCTV box
Well.actually..... after thinking about is I shall not replace the old, but add the new to the system...
I currently have 6 cameras on the go, all bar one on things outside the house
I shall change that to 5 hidden cameras inside, and use the new one for 5 outside

Aug 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur.
Exp
Since 2019
A 2020 map of the UK, a diary and some sticky labels, I intend to stick the labels in the map with the date on and then write in the diary about the place on that date. When I'm old and in a nursing home I hope we can look back at our time spent in our Delly.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
A replacement CCTV box
Well.actually..... after thinking about is I shall not replace the old, but add the new to the system...
I currently have 6 cameras on the go, all bar one on things outside the house
I shall change that to 5 hidden cameras inside, and use the new one for 5 outside
Are you paranoid me old fruit?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
A voyeur then John!:xgrin:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Triton planer/thicknesser from screwfix amazing quality for the price, I thought the planer plates were just pressed steel but they are cast ali and are dead flat, reasonable quiet, vibration free and gives a decent finish.
A stupid safety interlock which means you have to have the dust extraction in place for the machine to work but I disabled that. :xsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back