THIS week I bought (6 Viewers)

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
Garmin wireless reversing camera. Should be easy to fit as the wiring is already in place from a previous cabled camera.

Famous last words ;)

Finally got around to fitting it. A doddle due to existing cabling as expected. Paired with the 770 garmin camper. It's very good, I'd recommend it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
'C' charging socket for wife's phone.
Air nibbler.
I've got a bottom nibbler (its a Greyhound thing where they sneak up behind you and nip your bum!) but not an air nibbler ... what's one of those?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I've got a bottom nibbler (its a Greyhound thing where they sneak up behind you and nip your bum!) but not an air nibbler ... what's one of those?
Sheet metal cutter driven by air ( Pneumatic )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
A new polyplastic made-to-measure window from EECO Ltd. to replace this one that was broken in Arras by a hit 'n run van driver whilst I was away in the market.
2019-05-08 Broken window 006.JPG

2019-05-21 Compass window 002.JPG

I sent my broken window to EECO 4 weeks ago and the new one arrived yesterday. £414.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Sheet metal cutter driven by air ( Pneumatic )
Ah, I had visions of something akin to when the dogs try to catch bubbles! ?

Jun 9, 2016
L'Isle Jourdain, 86150 France
Funster No
MH
C Class I think
Exp
Just bought an Eriba FT 580
Why do you need wiring if it’s wireless?

No smiley so I guess you're serious? Camera has to be wired in to the reversing light power cables so it doesn't drain the battery. Camera is then connected to a wireless transmitter that sends the pics to the satnav. Once paired the satnav switches to reversing camera when the van is put in reverse. It's an excellent picture and you can have more than one camera so thinking now of adding one on each top corner.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
I’m no good at leccy so still clear as mud. Thanks for the explanation ?
I am sure someone will find you detailed explanation useful

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I’m no good at leccy so still clear as mud. Thanks for the explanation ?
I am sure someone will find you detailed explanation useful
The wireless bit refers to how the picture gets to the monitor or display
You still need a 12v supply to the camera to make it work :)
Hope that helps?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
A new pressure cooker as the one we brought with us to Spain is having a hissy fit (quite literally!) so won't pressurise. The new one is a Marmicoc' which cost €29,99 from Al Kampo (the Spanish name for Auchan) and has 3 litre and 6 litre bases so we can use either; the smaller one means less 'pressuring-up' time so saves gas, it's also much quieter than our existing home ones so worth getting regardless and will be a definite 'resident' in the MH.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
A new pressure cooker as the one we brought with us to Spain is having a hissy fit (quite literally!) so won't pressurise. The new one is a Marmicoc' which cost €29,99 from Al Kampo (the Spanish name for Auchan) and has 3 litre and 6 litre bases so we can use either; the smaller one means less 'pressuring-up' time so saves gas, it's also much quieter than our existing home ones so worth getting regardless and will be a definite 'resident' in the MH.
So now you have a gusunder

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
This is utter self-indulgence I know but I finally decided to give myself a gift that I’d fancied having for decades. When I was in my 20’s onward I couldn’t afford it, then I couldn’t justify it when I could afford it. Now in my 50’s I’m fortunate to be able to do both. The Boss and I have had a tough few years and we’ve decided to just, pretty much, do what we want while we’re young enough to enjoy it. The kids will be left well enough off after we’ve gone, between properties and investments, so we just thought sod it!
Not this specific car but I’ll take delivery of it’s new twin in early February. Bentley Continental GTC.
9758F067-0A96-4ED3-9F1E-F386A1DB78FC.jpeg

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
I’m off to Spain in January and as I went there last year I was shown one of these fly swatters which seemed to work well, so today I bought one. But as some of you might remember my mishap with a canine animal last year just before Christmas,
I was wondering if such a thing happened this time and a dog tried to attack me if I had this on me and the dog went to attack, if I hit him on his wet nose if the electric shock would send him packing, and allow me to escape to the safety of my MH. Anyone tried touching one of these when active???
And what sort of shock would you get??
1576855987292.jpeg

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As they're meant for very small bugs I would guess a human would barely feel anything. Dog? Maybe get the attention of a small one but wouldn't take my chances with a St Bernard!

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
The control knobs on our Thetford cooker in the van had seen better days.

A couple of them were in a right state so I bought some replacements from Amazon. I am using my phone and can’t see how to include links but they were only £7.95 including Prime delivery from a firm called SJD Supplies.

Each knob comes with 3 adaptors so they are ‘universal’ fitting.

Paul

D73C680D-94CF-4DB6-A5C6-985C84EBB24B.jpeg

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I’m off to Spain in January and as I went there last year I was shown one of these fly swatters which seemed to work well, so today I bought one. But as some of you might remember my mishap with a canine animal last year just before Christmas,
I was wondering if such a thing happened this time and a dog tried to attack me if I had this on me and the dog went to attack, if I hit him on his wet nose if the electric shock would send him packing, and allow me to escape to the safety of my MH. Anyone tried touching one of these when active???
And what sort of shock would you get??
View attachment 353007
Believe me, they make you jump !! Should think if you get it on a dogs nose it would run like hell !!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

• Back