Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A tracker installation for our new Carthago, £199 for the unit & fitting, & £399 for lifetime subs (whilst we own the vehicle and/or unit). Plus £83 to increase our insurance to cover our new baby until next April when the policy is due for renewal ...

Oh and a MOT on our 2019 scooter ... yes an MOT :( ... as it had been written off with 'cosmetic damage' (original owner had either dropped it or it was knocked over within the first month of ownership so it was simply replaced) our insurer's underwriter insisted on it so we could prove it was safe and roadworthy, they also wanted a letter/report too which I produced and the MOT man signed and stamped, only cost £25 and had a nice natter with the MOT man and a shuftie at his self-build ex-minibus camper conversion, couldn't go in as he had been spraying it but I did peer through the windows, will have to find an excuse to go and have a gander at another time. :D

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
This week we bought mirror protectors but the van is still at the garage awaiting repair following the lightning strike. We’re getting serious withdrawal symptoms now......should’ve been away in the van with friends in Mojacar :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Collected my van on Tuesday with new E&P levelling system. Very tidy installation. Now sitting level on my drive and a lot more difficult to steal. Especially once I work out how to code it!
Fitted by their Devon agent, Courtside Conversions in Tiverton. Owner Graham definitely knows his stuff. As he should as they done about a hundred or more apparently. They also fit VB air. But the main business is converting vans into mini buses by the look of it.
courtside are therefore recommended. I hope the E&P system proves to be as good.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Peppa’s jaws must be bigger. 30 seconds is more the norm. Given up getting them now!
Reminder. My Hymer needs an mot next next week

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Had a trip out today to do some shopping and looking for some storage boxes for the camper as, although I've got some storage crates/boxes already, they're all different types/sizes so can't be stacked easily. We went to 'The Range' where we saw some Wham storage boxes but they were a bit pricey, so had a shuftie at 'B&M' and found the same Wham boxes at a much better price. These Wham boxes seem to be a bit thicker than other makes of a similar style/size so should last and not be so liable to cracking as some are, total cost for 8 crates £22:

4 of these:

4 of these:

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Today a new digitizer arrived from amazon.
£27.50 ???
lets see how this pans out, going in blind, no instructions... not done this before either....
Here goes nothing.
9497BDE2-2002-436B-95F8-1F6A84D1F89C.jpeg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
WINNING!!

hmmm wondering now why i spent £1400 quid on a new phone ??
How much!!!! :Eeek: Some people have more money than sense ... :whistle:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Nope. You've lost me...

How does you van being level on your drive make it more difficult to steal? :unsure:
Whilst its levelled-up on it's jacks it would be rather difficult to steal! :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Not really. They would need to break into the moho to steal it and once in all they need do is release the handbrake and the jacks retract. Or at least they do on my E&P jacks.
... but they'd have to break in to do that setting off the alarm ... if the jacks weren't in use they could tow it off the drive without breaking in.

RobWid

Free Member
Sep 25, 2018
Exmouth (at the mo?)
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2018
Hi all

My purchases over the past two weeks are ...

:)ramps to level (from another forum member)my van since I’m starting to feel guilty about those two wheels on the pavement.
:censored:a new water heater after my last one split in the winter
:( new stainless steel space heater exhaust and inlet pipes after I damaged the old ones squeezing in new water heater

all I can say is I’m sure I’m not finished yet.

Rob

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
Nope. You've lost me...

How does you van being level on your drive make it more difficult to steal? :unsure:
Because it can’t be towed or driven away while on the jacks, and, once I learn how to code it, the jacks can’t be lowered. Hence the security improvement. Unless i’ve dreamt that this can be done? If it can’t, a handbrake disconnector wired in would achieve the same thing.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Because it can’t be towed or driven away while on the jacks, and, once I learn how to code it, the jacks can’t be lowered. Hence the security improvement. Unless i’ve dreamt that this can be done? If it can’t, a handbrake disconnector wired in would achieve the same thing.
But its easier to steal the wheels or exhaust cat/dpf

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's
That is probably true jezport. I think I would rather lose a couple of wheels than the van though.
I can’t find anything about locking the control unit in the manual. So might have been dreaming again! The installer did say he thinks most owners remove the remote control when leaving the van on the jacks. So I am hoping the system can be isolated when on jacks somehow. Anyone know?

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
That is probably true jezport. I think I would rather lose a couple of wheels than the van though.
I can’t find anything about locking the control unit in the manual. So might have been dreaming again! The installer did say he thinks most owners remove the remote control when leaving the van on the jacks. So I am hoping the system can be isolated when on jacks somehow. Anyone know?
No locking or isolating system as far as I am aware. I was not told about it at handover and have never found it since. I leave the remote in the motorhome. Ours is too clunky to walk around with.

As I said our E&P has a safety feature which automatically retracts the jacks if the handbrake is released. That is to prevent you to trying to drive off with the jacks still down.

But then I did not buy the system to act as a security system. I had plenty of those already.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I think leaving your van up on it's E&P jacks will put off thieves as most are brainless and want easy pickings, so two things, while the van is up in the air, certainly for ours it's a pain in the arse to get in to being that far of the ground and secondly they would look at it up in the air and think WTF how would we get this down, too much hassle move on.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Why change the wheels? Is it a weight thing, or a looks thing.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back