This site must take some beating (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
This place looks really nice was thinking of stopping there for a couple of nights in January
Has anyone stayed here

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Just a little bit pricey at £35 per night for next week? have to admit it does look very inviting and some good reviews.?

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Just over the back from me, go past it a few times a week and it always seems to be busy.
They did have the road over the railway gates closed for work’s last week and the diversion would have been through some very narrow lanes:)

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Not a lot different from many of the C&MC campsites.

All pitches benefit from:

– Hardstandings

– 16 amp power supplies

– Fresh & waste water,

– Enclosed grass recreation area,

– Satellite TV sockets,

– Broadband internet through the campsite’s extended WiFI,

– Dogs welcome.

You get all that on a C&MC site with the exception satellite TV sockets. So what do all those that keep banging on about using their own facilities get that's more/better?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
We’ve stayed it’s a great site with all mod cons! Spa style showers with quality piped music very relaxing! Unfortunately whilst we were there the weather was appalling!>:)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Its booked solid at even higher prices every year for The Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Its also owned by a Lord & Lady I believe.
Wonder if they have a Grouse Shoot, or a bit of Deer Stalking Going on, I think (might be wrong) they are open over Xmass, so get your Silver Service Cutlery polished up if you want to go then, Dinner Jackets with proper bow ties (none of those elastic types)

LES :D

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Do people really pay those sort or prices, they must be barking.
Well obviously they do. I wouldn’t,but some people pay £100 for a bottle of champagne,whereas I would buy Prosecco from the Co-Op.
Each to their own.:D2

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Looks like the sort of place it'd be nice to try just for the experience.. a bit like those 'Gastro Pubs'.

Aug 7, 2019
Worcester (UK)
Funster No
MH
Autograph 794-T
Exp
I'm a newbie
Unfortunately there are limited places to stay in the area and it’s Easter and they’re FULLY BOOKED!! So there are quite a few MHers out there that will / do pay.
The good news is that we’re there to see Wilko Johnson and his band at the Lighthouse in Poole which is always an amazing night and it’ll be a great weekend. Can’t wait ?

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
This place looks really nice was thinking of stopping there for a couple of nights in January
Has anyone stayed here

It does look a good site doesn't it.

I was looking to go over the New Year but fully booked for the pitches I wanted..

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Not a lot different from many of the C&MC campsites.

All pitches benefit from:

– Hardstandings

– 16 amp power supplies

– Fresh & waste water,

– Enclosed grass recreation area,

– Satellite TV sockets,

– Broadband internet through the campsite’s extended WiFI,

– Dogs welcome.

You get all that on a C&MC site with the exception satellite TV sockets. So what do all those that keep banging on about using their own facilities get that's more/better?
You cannot judge a site on its facilities although these are quite exceptional. Stayed over the New Year last year and had a great time. Good bar and mini shop on site with artisan foods as part of the reception. Good location for cycling into Chichester or the Witterings and many other places.

I remember back in the 70's the AA used to award 1 - 5 stars based on the specific facilities - phone in the room, bar, restaurant, laundry etc etc rather than the actual quality on the hotel so don't be too rash in making direct comparisons.

Expensive yes but worth it in our view.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Raving bonkers, no way would I pay that.:D
Well,maybe it’s expensjve because..........

They’re having a rave,and they’re having a bonk.....

Quite good value then really.:LOL::LOL:;)

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
It’s on our bucket list, heard very good reviews, also booked up whenever we try to get in which has alot to say about the place. Does seem bit pricey but you get what you pay for. Stayed in Switzerland this year now thats really pricey, but quality ?

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Each to their own but I spent a small fortune on my MH to ensure where ever I switch the Ignition off I can be comfortable and warm and preferably with a view that makes you smile - and even better is I do that for less than a tenner a night

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
it may be expensive to pay premium sites in the uk compared to places like spain but it costs a lot to get to spain in the first place so each to their own

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Have never been to the site, but always wanted to so maybe one day I will try it. Have friends there at the moment and they say it is very nice But expensive. Shame there’s not a good pub within walking distance from it. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back