This is the new server (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Notification emails are working! ----:thumb: lines of them are comming in,working ok! :thumb:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Anyway I'm still waiting for a picture? as the topic title infers an image voila!
I want to see you all posing and polishing it :ROFLMAO:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Bizarre

One ISP to one Router = one wifi network...

Connected one PC, one Laptop and two Blackberry Playbooks...

PC and one Playbook refuse to see the newly served site.
Laptop and other Playbook sees it just fine.

Why one PB ok, the other not?
Why one Windoze machine ok, the other not (despite clearing caches & flushing) ???

Computin' and the t'interweb... dontcha just love it :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
its back on line now:thumb: here in sweden it took the ol day but works well jim, have some well deserved REST now ,cheers Alf:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Had no problems in work but my home system wouldn't connect to the new server until this morning.

All up and running now though and taking van up to Norfolk today for MOT and bits and pieces and tyre advice.:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Yesterday i could get on fun via my router but not rvoc this morning i cannot get on either site via my router so am on my dongle again which sees both sites no problem.Still no access to chat though

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
still no chat

Chat is seriously busted....... I have raised a support ticket.... but the sun is shining and this maybe my last chance to get a load of stuff done in the garden:Blush:, so I doubt we will be in the chatroom for a few days, those chinese guys are always slow in answering tickets. Meanwhile I have reinstalled our old chat room and this will hopefully tide you chatterboxes over. The old chat room should be really fast on this new server:thumb: Link Removed

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
All working well for me Jim ..thanks for the efforts.

Well apart from when I click on ShiftZZs profile it take me to a site full of
Hawaiian Hula Dancing !!!!

barry:Smile:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Talk Talk tells me that it cannot find Motorhome Fun so I cannot access it, unless I tap into next doors router.

Frankly I'm fed up looking at the message telling me "This Is The Old Server."

Why is the old server still on and is it the fact that it is on, what's confusing my ISP?

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Talk Talk tells me that it cannot find Motorhome Fun so I cannot access it, unless I tap into next doors router.

Frankly I'm fed up looking at the message telling me "This Is The Old Server."

Why is the old server still on and is it the fact that it is on, what's confusing my ISP?

Pete:Cool:

The old site is not there, you are looking at cached version of the site. The old site does not exist.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I on then off then on then off

I am on again at 3.30 (Saturday) I was off yesterday then I was on then I was off and again this morning ...
I emailed JIM direct and he said it was my ISP.. But if the ISP could find it yesterday whey should it be a hit and miss situation?

I have dscacheutil -flushcache each time.. plus turned the router off for the required 30 seconds.... I have tried must be 30 times to log on today.. and now at 3.30 I have finally got on again.. but I wonder when next I will come off line and come back on (or try to) .. what we cannot tell is just how many are in the same situation.

My ISP is AOL...

Bob

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I am on again at 3.30 (Saturday) I was off yesterday then I was on then I was off and again this morning ...
I emailed JIM direct and he said it was my ISP.. But if the ISP could find it yesterday whey should it be a hit and miss situation?

I have dscacheutil -flushcache each time.. plus turned the router off for the required 30 seconds.... I have tried must be 30 times to log on today.. and now at 3.30 I have finally got on again.. but I wonder when next I will come off line and come back on (or try to) .. what we cannot tell is just how many are in the same situation.

My ISP is AOL...

Bob

It's hit and miss Bob because the internet is vast, there is no telling which route your traffic will take. If it takes a route this morning through places that have up-to-date nameservers then you will find us. Ten minutes later the route chosen may be through a node that has not yet updated it's nameservers and it still thinks we are elsewhere. You can flip -flop all day like that. Most of the internets databases will have the new location within 48 hours and probably all of them by 72. We had some people find us within minutes. Its beyond my control, but console yourself that it will be at least three years before we changed servers again:Smile:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
help advise

Excuse my ignorance but if i am reading this am i on or off the new server.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I can't get on to the new server yet either.

Did loads more work than usual yesterday!

Can get on through my Vodafone connection though so I have not broken out in a rash.

JJ :Cool:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Chat still not working

the old chat tries to load but will not accept my user name or password.

K9Brian

Free Member
Aug 2, 2010
South Manchester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since April 2010
I've got the same problem as Roger - with the chat room that is :ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!! Endly i could get in the forum 5 minutes ago for the first time with my normal router (land line + TV):thumb::thumb: . Orange on my smartphone was getting sick of searching you all the time and kept sending me back to the old server. Been kicked out all evening yesterday! And could not post anymore :Angry:.

So feel really released now ..... I have to catch up now with all the threads and posts ... and just in case I missed some .... JOYEUX ANNIVERSAIRE to all of you who had their birthday since we moved server!!

Time to make my meal now.... see you in chat if ....Jim and Karl succeed in fixing it. Thanks for the good job boys:thumb: !!

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I cant get in the old chat either, shame as i was looking forward to some of the old emotions which are missed in the new chat room

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi Jim, there must be problems, in ref to the chat room,it will not except my user name or password, other wise new site works ok here,cheers Alf.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim, there must be problems, in ref to the chat room,it will not except my user name or password, other wise new site works ok here,cheers Alf.

Try now please...

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

On new server last night, not this morning, switched from new to old throughout today ????

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

On new server last night, not this morning, switched from new to old throughout today ????

Glad you are here now, let's hope you stay::bigsmile: See this Broken Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back