This has me beat. (1 Viewer)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I 'found' the spare lock barrels that came with ours today and tried my Carthago hab-door key in them .. they don't work! :rolleyes:
I've been wondering about getting a 2nd 'blipper' to avoid any problems locking/unlocking [posted query mid week]. I tried the ignition key and locker key today in the habitation door out of idle curiosity; neither of them work! So if the blipper gives up the ghost, I could have a problem ... The previous owner handed over just about every scrap of paper/leaflet/booklet and Instruction Manual that came with the m/home, so I imagine that Burstner didn't supply a Hab Door key?

If you or any Member has knowledge to the contrary, I'd be very grateful! If I could get a full set of keys so that I could get into the cab and habitation door without using the blipper, I'd be very happy. I'd be slightly less happy [because of cost] to have a second blipper as a back up to the original. I just have a sneaky feeling that I shall end up [probably in France or Spain on a wet Sunday afternoon] with a dead blipper, outside a locked m/home with 2 sets of keys that don't quite operate the doors [passenger cab door has no visible external lock!].

Steve

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think you should go back to the dealer and arrange for them to sort out they key issue for your hab door as it should have a key regardless of the 'blipper'.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I think you should go back to the dealer and arrange for them to sort out they key issue for your hab door as it should have a key regardless of the 'blipper'.
The rain finally stopped late last night [think the Almighty must have had a burst pipe in the cold snap ...], and I had to go out to the m/home to collect some stuff that didn't get swept up in the 'Dash for Indoors' arrival earlier. So I tried the door key in the driver's door, all worked well, sans 'blipper'; so had another 'prod' at the Habitation Door, no joy initially, but tried again and it opened on the key! I suspect the problem was a combination of lack of use [had been outside the Dealers for almost exactly 6 months before we bought it], a build up of a bit of muck, and my using the 'glass spanner' approach, not wanting to risk damage by using too much force. Another bit of learning/familiarisation!

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back