LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Difficult to explain really, and I have never seen them on sale anywhere bar the shows ( though no doubt they are available somewhere )
It looks a bit gimmicky as it has a clear plastic section in the handle that is filled with small round balls of pumice or somesuch that are supposed to soften the water ( no idea if that works to be honest ) and the holes in the head are tiny.

To give you an idea, you know when you JUST crack open a tap and the pump sort of pulses very slowly.. Well even set at that the shower head delivers a decent shower..

Just tried to find a picture but failed !

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Can you explain a bit more for us novices ? A link maybe ?

Thanks.
The company is called Ecocamel and their website is here and you can buy direct from them. You probably want the Jetstorm E, which is designed for the lower pressures found in motorhomes.

They are about £30 on the website. However there are often voucher codes available that you can use to reduce it to about £20. I used one last year when I bought ours, but can't remember what it was. They are also present at some shows and exhibitions and again you can often buy them cheaper there. The one designed for hard water that John describes is much more expensive (£70!!!) and seems unnecessary to me in a motorhome where you will use all types of water.

I must say we are very impressed with ours - much better than the standard shower head that came with the motorhome. It seems to get you wetter and yet is uses less water!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
At least the facilities that most Caravan Club sites are fantastic and kept very clean and don't smell.

I remember once when we used to go down the west coast of France they put in a new dual carriageway with a fantastic new beautiful picnic area and toilet stop.

Went to the loo and you'd think people had been doing somersaults in the loo. All over the walls and ceiling - disgusting!

Have to say that French public toilets are usually disgusting unless they are the paying self contained cubicles where the whole internals have a power wash between users!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Nooo.. it is not ecocamel..

I have just found them for sale on Amazon..

41QJ%2BL0EtwL._SX450_.jpg

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
John, I have never seen that one before or heard of it. Ecocamel is the only one I have heard mention on this forum and it works differently from the one you have linked to.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
To be honest, when I first saw one I was more than sceptical.. especially at £20 a pop as they are at the shows.
But Woman wanted one.. and you know the saying.. what Woman wants, Woman had BETTER get !! LOL !!)

So we bought one.. I was and still am very impressed by its performance.. So much so we actually bought a second one for home use...

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Morning all.

Is it the Jetstorm E thats recommended for motorhomes.

Just had a shufftie on the website and its £29.99.

Seems reasonable if they work.:)

Regards

John P(y)

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
To be honest, when I first saw one I was more than sceptical.. especially at £20 a pop as they are at the shows.
But Woman wanted one.. and you know the saying.. what Woman wants, Woman had BETTER get !! LOL !!)

So we bought one.. I was and still am very impressed by its performance.. So much so we actually bought a second one for home use...

Thanks John...You've just answered my question.(y)

It looks like you can type faster than me as well. !!!!!:LOL:

Regards

John P(y)

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
This thread reminds me of the letter pages in the Caravan Club magazine.

We'll be discussing why they bother fitting washrooms in motorhomes next!

As for us, we don't use sites, so can't comment on the photo!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Been going in this van we have now for three years , never seen inside any other toilet or shower but the one in the van in that time

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
The company is called Ecocamel and their website is here and you can buy direct from them. You probably want the Jetstorm E, which is designed for the lower pressures found in motorhomes.
You also need the Broken Link Removed if your existing shower head is the trigger type.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back