Third leak - shower tap (1 Viewer)

Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Well they say things come in threes. First the sink tap,last year, then the radiator,Saturday , now the shower tap. It looks like the hose from the cold water feed for the tap has come out of the underside of the assembly. I have tried to push it back in but no joy. It does go in so far but not all the way ( compared to hot hose) I believe it is a reich. The big question is do I need the complete tap, just the body or will this bit push back in with a bit more persuasion? Heading home today but away again next Thursday . All answers appreciated, within reason. Dealers feel free to try and sell me a tap. I would need quick delivery though.:cry::cry:

Gordon

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
If its like ours which blew out last year, there a groove in the pipe coupling that is locked in by a cross pin. I managed to lock a pair of molegrips onto the coupling and force it back in with brute force,worth a go before you lash out on a new tap:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Gordon,

By all means give Glenn or Ian a ring on 01-580-883061 and pick their brains, they may know the answer

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
gordoncbrown
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks to both of you. I just got home just now ( well 45 minutes ago ) into the shed for the big spanners to get the retaining nut off. Couldn't get them in. Down to brute force and got it off by hand. Spotted a pin, pushed it out, hose back in , pin back in. water on and so far it looks ok.
If I couldn't see what to do I'd have been on here before ordering one. Many thanks. It's gresat to think that whatever happens someone on here has the answer.:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back