Thinking seriously about getting one (1 Viewer)

GeordieSibs

Free Member
Nov 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
We are newbies
Hello one and al.
We do not know anything about camping or having a motorhome but we have looked at too of our neighbors trucks and are getting very interested.
My brother and i are passed retirement age and have been filling our days with going out out hiking and thought it would be nice to get a truck to go out a bit more in different places in the lovely northumberland region for walks and maybe try going further away when we become confident.
we found this site by using google and not sure what a forum does but it seems people answer questions.
Not too sure what questions we have at the moment but we have time to fill in between our daily hikes
Thank you

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi GeordieSibs

"not sure what a forum does" :LOL: can I suggest you are possibly giving away your age ;) well you did say beyond retirement age.

Anyway welcome to the forum.

The forum is whatever you want it to be really, it can be advice and support with technical questions and projects,

It can be advice on buying your first van, invaluable really,

It can be emotional support in these strange times,

It can be a place to just chat and communicate, but it can be addictive;)

It can be a platform to organise physical event like rallies or informal meets in a field somewhere is beautiful Northumberland, please;)

The only downside is that after 5 posts it will cost you £15pa to become a member but don't worry it will be money well spent and really only cost you £7.50
each(y)

Martin

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi and welcome to the fun house! 🤪

This is like no other forum out there ... it's a 'community' as well, giving loads of support and help if you want it, sometimes if you don't as some of us are just plain nosy! :giggle:

Membership is £15 pa but you then get access to resources such as the brilliant 'Buyer's Guide' which on it's own costs more than half of that to non member and will be invaluable for you to 'educate' yourselves on what to look for when buying a MH and explanations of things too.

If you can give us info on what you're looking for, layout, the age, budget etc we can likely point you in the direct of MHs that meet your needs to save you a lot of trawling.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
:welcome4:Sounds like a motorhome could suit you to a tee. All I would say is research research research - or like us you could say what the hell and buy the first one you fall in love with (and could afford)!

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Hello one and al.
We do not know anything about camping or having a motorhome but we have looked at too of our neighbors trucks and are getting very interested.
My brother and i are passed retirement age and have been filling our days with going out out hiking and thought it would be nice to get a truck to go out a bit more in different places in the lovely northumberland region for walks and maybe try going further away when we become confident.
we found this site by using google and not sure what a forum does but it seems people answer questions.
Not too sure what questions we have at the moment but we have time to fill in between our daily hikes
Thank you
Can I ask if you have you recently disposed of a carpet? Just asking for a friend ............... ;)

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from ‘dry’ Ciren! (Don’t ask......! ;) )(y)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands. 👍

Wyn

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Hello, and Welcome from a fellow Geordie!

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Greetings peeps welcome from Bexley. Kent England, UK Planet Earth, the universe,
you can find me by using what 3 words

OP
OP
G

GeordieSibs

Free Member
Nov 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
We are newbies
Hello and Welcome - Motorhomers are friendly folk - maybe you could knock on your neighbours' door (the ones with a motorhome) and introduce yourself, it's good to talk! (y) You could maybe take a potted plant as an early christmas gift
Funny you should mention that.
When we go for a hike we quite often take out a selection of pot plants and leave them for a day or 2 as we get no sun in our back garden.
We go back a couple of days later and swap the plants over.
Goodness knows what the neighbours think

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
When we go for a hike we quite often take out a selection of pot plants and leave them for a day or 2 as we get no sun in our back garden.
Don’t worry about the neighbours. I am sure they don’t think it’s weird. 😉

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
I'm sure they won't even have noticed 😙

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back