Thinking of putting in parking for your pride and joy (1 Viewer)

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Just posted a little used compactor plate/Wacker in classified. Just what u need for the stabilization of the sub base or compacting block paving.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Problem is unless you use one for work all the time for a one off job you can hire for £30 a day or £50 a week so not cost effective to buy as you have probably found out:giggle:

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Was intending to do a lot of hard landscaping over several months but unfortunately age has taken its toll and I found that sort of hard labour is no longer possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Home Car P59
Exp
I'm a newbie
Was intending to do a lot of hard landscaping over several months but unfortunately age has taken its toll and I found that sort of hard labour is no longer possible.
I found it no longer possible 25 years ago , a previous owner of this property bred dogs so built a dog run , only the ground sloped so the concrete he poured went from 6" to 2'6"

I rented a big drill with a breaker bit which just chipped bits off so went back and got one of the proper ones you see roadworkers using

I only had it for the weekend so cracked on , to say it was hard work would be an understatement after a few hours I could barely walk , you don't see them any more , it's done with a JCB these days

I could use a Wacker plate but unfortunately you're too far away

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
The OP's post reminded me of my Ex who sends me an email then phones me to tell me she's sent me an email.
:giggle:

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
I found it no longer possible 25 years ago , a previous owner of this property bred dogs so built a dog run , only the ground sloped so the concrete he poured went from 6" to 2'6"

I rented a big drill with a breaker bit which just chipped bits off so went back and got one of the proper ones you see roadworkers using

I only had it for the weekend so cracked on , to say it was hard work would be an understatement after a few hours I could barely walk , you don't see them any more , it's done with a JCB these days

I could use a Wacker plate but unfortunately you're too far away
Your new avatar :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :imoutahere:

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
Just looked at the advert. The plate is the same one that I bought last year - think I paid £350 for it. Got to get it out of garage (not motorhome!) tomorrow to compact base for new oil tank. Got other uses for it - patio, extending drive at front and rear and base for proposed garage. Decided long ago to purchase and sell on when finished rather than keep hiring, plus added bonus that it is there when I want it. Hopefully it will earn it’s worth.

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
dalspa a man after my own heart!
Had the whole garden to remodel and new parking at front. Spent 2 days relaying 3x2 ex council slabs and that's when I found it was just to much to do myself. Bit of a shock to find one limitatioms at 72 years young.
Not to mention it cost a bl00dy fortune to get it done professionally.

Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
dalspa a man after my own heart!
Had the whole garden to remodel and new parking at front. Spent 2 days relaying 3x2 ex council slabs and that's when I found it was just to much to do myself. Bit of a shock to find one limitatioms at 72 years young.
Not to mention it cost a bl00dy fortune to get it done professionally.
3x2 slabs are a no no. Laid the odd one 40 years ago but not now ( only a couple of years younger than you). Got some 2x2 to lay for the oil tank and will get some more (second hand) for footpaths etc. Not phased by the manual work despite being office bound all of my working life, in fact I’m enjoying it during these restricted times. Refurbishing a bungalow (built for my late father in law 40 years ago) at the moment and to date knocked down and rebuilt walls, chased out screed for all new radiator pipes, chased walls for 30+ new sockets, relaid drains (one section ran uphill), removed 5m high conifer hedge (including roots), fenced rear boundary, fitted kitchen, plus numerous other tasks.
Keeps me out of mischief but I ache all over at the end of the day when I sit down!
David.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I layed some 2x2 council type concrete paving slabs on compacted sharp sand a few years back for a shed base, blimy they were heavy to position and level, I didn't have one of those special lifting tools to make things any easier, so very difficult to re-lift after they are placed.
So I know how you guys feel.
LES

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
dalspa David u sound like my twin but not sure how that happened as I was always told I was an only child.
Although i earned a crust in accounting and computing i have always enjoyed some serious DIY projects.
Just in the same process as u referbing a bungalow that has not been touched for 50years.
The 3x2's came with the property and i never like to throw serviceable things away. The landscaping guys who ended up doing the garden were not happy bunnies after a week fetching them up and relaying elsewhere.
Bern

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back