Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We are considering the purchase of a drive away awning. A Vango Kela seems to fit the bill.

We tour for three months at a time. In the autumn and spring. We usually stop at a couple of sites for around a month and drift around for the rest of the time.

Somewhere to sit out in the fresh air outside our IH PVC.

What does everybody think?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We have the Kampa Air midi pod or I think that's what it's called, have to say we are very pleased with it. It's easy to put up and take down and with stands most weather, we used it for a week in Chamonix and it withstood a strong wind and rain storm all we did was disconnect it from the van just incase.We also have PVC so can put pics on if you want

OP
OP
MikeD

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
We have the Kampa Air midi pod or I think that's what it's called, have to say we are very pleased with it. It's easy to put up and take down and with stands most weather, we used it for a week in Chamonix and it withstood a strong wind and rain storm all we did was disconnect it from the van just incase.We also have PVC so can put pics on if you want

Yes please would like to see them (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Might not be the best pic but gives you an idea
image.jpeg

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I bought it from a shop down your way, I'll look out the invoice if you want their name

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I saw that @Minxy Girl but Plymouth is too far from where I live - "Buyer collects" :(
If the seller was willing to post it via Parcelforce it would cost approx £18.00, say £20 to allow for packing materials ... :rolleyes:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We are considering the purchase of a drive away awning. A Vango Kela seems to fit the bill.

We tour for three months at a time. In the autumn and spring. We usually stop at a couple of sites for around a month and drift around for the rest of the time.

Somewhere to sit out in the fresh air outside our IH PVC.

What does everybody think?
We bought a Vango airbeam Attar which I can put up in 40 minutes. One of the things to consider is the measurement out from the van. With the attachment piece to the awning rail plus the awning can be up to 4 metres out from the van and some sites won't allow it as we have found to our cost. You can attach with leads over the van roof to shorten this distance but we haven't tried this yet. Otherwise it's a great piece of kit IF you are staying more than one night, otherwise I don't bother.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We bought a Vango airbeam Attar which I can put up in 40 minutes. One of the things to consider is the measurement out from the van. With the attachment piece to the awning rail plus the awning can be up to 4 metres out from the van and some sites won't allow it as we have found to our cost. You can attach with leads over the van roof to shorten this distance but we haven't tried this yet. Otherwise it's a great piece of kit IF you are staying more than one night, otherwise I don't bother.
The fixing kit we have only adds about 3 inches, we slide it through the awning rail then slide figure of 8 on and the awning attaches to this. We also have the over the roof straps but only used once.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back