Thinking of buying a Geist Explorer Comfort i585... thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I'm thinking about replacing my aging 5.4m Ducto PVC with a nearly new 6m a-class Geist i585. We went to see one today. Build quality seemed good. Style is... brown... but we can live with that.

Anyone any thoughts on these modern Geist? Are they any good?

OP
OP
Guigsy
Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Went to see a Roller Team Pegaso 590 today. Roughly the same price new as the 10k mile, 1 year old Geist. We could fit the Brompton bikes in the lockers better than the Geist. The styling was nice and it was well equipped... although a mate did point out that it looks a bit like a Stormtrooper helmet. And the doors were the UK way round.

But the Roller Team felt cheaper when you looked closer. Lots of screw holes with 'wood' stickers to cover them up, thin panels and edging strips that didn't quite meet. Sticky catches and lots of odd shaped narrow cubbies that seemed to just be wasted space. And somehow it seemed to have a smaller bathroom at one end, smaller bed at the other end, and less overhead lockers in the middle. I think the windscreen is more raked on the Pegaso which must lose a bit of interior space, and the way the bed hinges down means another half a locker length is lost. Still felt a lot smaller somehow though.

So we've put a deposit on the Geist...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back