Thinking of buying A class motorhome (1 Viewer)

kiwicamper

Free Member
Jun 8, 2009
christchurch NZ
Funster No
MH
fully intergrated
Exp
since 2000
Hello

We are looking to buy an A class Motorhome for my wife and I and will be living and touring for the next 12-24 months in it. Can you suggest something that is reliable and solid enough to withstand prolonged use including interior fittings. We like the Hymer B544 for its layout and size so would be looking at something similar to this. Our budget is between £10-15k, 2.5 TD, 94 onwards. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Is there any websites or dealers you would recommend?

Thanks very much.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Hi and welcome to FUN, is there anything in the classified section on this site. Find it on the left hand side on the home page.:thumb:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I would think that a Hymer would do well and be easy to sell on when you have finished your trip.
Others will tell you where is the best place (Country) to buy.
Nigel & Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
Hello

We are looking to buy an A class Motorhome for my wife and I and will be living and touring for the next 12-24 months in it. Can you suggest something that is reliable and solid enough to withstand prolonged use including interior fittings. We like the Hymer B544 for its layout and size so would be looking at something similar to this. Our budget is between £10-15k, 2.5 TD, 94 onwards. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

We bought from here, excellent service

Johnnie Gee

Free Member
May 1, 2009
Near Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2000
Looking for a Hymer

Hi,
Just come home from my first outing in our Hymer 564.
Enjoyed every minute, Overhead bed is best I have slept in, engine is fine, but found a wee bit of turbo-lag, all furnishings are wood(Mines 1998 vintage) and have stood the test of time, so would thoroughly recommend Hymer to anyone,, bit I am biased:RollEyes:
Put it in for a new timing belt as soon as I got it as there was no record of it being changed
Paid 16K for mine if that is any help:thumb:
Hope you find sommat!!!!!!!!!

JJG

The Wild Ones

Free Member
Jan 4, 2009
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Fledgelings
Hello

Thanks very much.

Limited knowledge of models, but we love our Pilote Galaxy, try and take your time to look if possible. SMC Motorhomes is where we found ours, good friendly dealers, they are in Taplow near Slough.

Good Luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back