Thinking Bontara Park For January & Feb Couple of Questions (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
They are only covered for holiday cancellations there is no cover when you catch covid.
But if you catch Covid when on the continent, it is my understanding that as a pandemic disease, you will be treated under World Health Organisation rules. ie They wouldn't want you being untreated.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Any country will treat you but you will have to pay. That’s what travel insurance was for to pay the bill. So if you have plenty of money no problem.
No you don't .It is a notifiable disease & as such you are required to be treated as any other person who is a national of that state. Why do you think they wanted rid of outsiders when it started?
Additionally if you carry on down in to Andalucia they are offering free treatment of you catch it as part of the drive to encourage tourism.

What happens if I have symptoms when arriving at my destination?

If you have any symptoms or have had contact with people who have COVID-19, you may be asked to get an exam and be tested for COVID-19. Even if you don’t test positive, you should be provided with an emergency phone number to call in case symptoms develop later.
You should not be charged by the country for:
  • examinations to determine your health status
  • required vaccinations or protective equipment on arrival (if these were not published at least 10 days earlier)
  • appropriate isolation or quarantine facilities
  • required certificates at the point of entry that document measures applied
  • any baggage accompanying you

What should I do after arriving at my destination?

Travellers should self-monitor for any symptoms for 14 days after arrival. Report any symptoms and your travel history to local health facilities and follow national protocols. If you are confirmed to have COVID-19, you will be placed in isolation in a health facility or in self-isolation at home, depending on the country’s policies, and asked to provide a list of your contacts in the last 14 days. Your contacts will be placed under quarantine.

What should I do if I get sick while traveling?

If you become ill during your travel, inform your travel attendant (plane, ship, train, etc.). You may be moved to a seat farther away from others.
Ask for information on how to be seen by a health care provider and seek care immediately.
Wear a mask continuously while you travel, frequently clean your hands with hand sanitizer, cover a cough or sneeze with a bent elbow or tissue, and maintain at least a 1 metre distance from others wherever possible. You should stop travelling as soon as feasible.
If you are told you must quarantine or self-isolate yourself in a specific place, you should be provided with free, appropriate facilities and care, and not be asked to stay longer than 14 days.

from Here;
https://www.who.int/emergencies/dis...covid-19-travel-advice-for-the-general-public

note the words " you should not be charged" " Free" if asked to isolate.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
I have trouble as I’m over 70 and only get 35 days
My wife and I are both 70+ but have had 90 day cover up to this year. We no longer need it as we have sold our French base, but it is possible to get more than 35 days. BTW my wife has a mild heart problem too.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Last edited:
Dec 26, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
C
Exp
I was with LV that was 90 day but they put it up to 194.30 but excludes countries that the FCO advise against travel.

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
They are only covered for holiday cancellations there is no cover when you catch covid.
We received an email from Nationwide on 15th Dec. stating categorically that we are covered for emergency medical insurance relating to covid whilst travelling in Europe
( including Spain) , unless FO says no travel is allowed to the particular country.
At the moment spain is on the ‘ all but essential travel ‘ list not a total ban.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Additionally if you carry on down in to Andalucia they are offering free treatment of you catch it as part of the drive to encourage tourism.

On the adverts I have seen the above only applies to approved resorts. No idea what these are or if they include campsites.
ezee

Aug 30, 2011
Gresham, North Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544SL
Exp
12 years
I take it you referring to travel insurance.
Our Lloyd's bank account covers us for 45 days up to age 80 and you can pay to extend it.

You don't need an IDP for France they announced it a few weeks ago.
Hi Lenny, I would check again if I were you. We have their Platinum account and were recently advised that the upper age has been lowered from 80 to 75 which made us angry as we have been loyal customers for 45 yrs. We are now thinking of alternatives as we are already above the maximum 75. Considering Nationwide who I think, charge about £65 extra for anyone over 70 and covers any age above.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
No reason to stay. Our loyalty gets you nowhere. My auzzie mates change bank accounts to wherever is cheapest.
Our banks don't fight for custom as they know customers rarely move.

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I take it you referring to travel insurance.
Our Lloyd's bank account covers us for 45 days up to age 80 and you can pay to extend it.
Worth checking the cost though - we had a paid extension to travel cover with Lloyds, but a couple of years ago the cost went through the roof. We rang up to query and were told they had conducted a market survey - ie they were raising it to a level they thought they would get away with. Can’t have been a very good market survey - we found we could get better value with Staysure.

Pickygame

Free Member
Jul 25, 2020
Funster No
MH
Fiat Rapido Itineo M
Exp
Since 2019, caravans from 2010
Bontara park is on the radar for Jan Feb leaving December 29th via euro tunnel taking about 4 days to get there

Plan on hitting toll roads via Barcelona etc.

Have a couple of questions maybe folk might like to help with. I did go down there in September same route and stayed along the coast for about 6 weeks but had to come back early

Route assuming using tolls and getting there quickest route it looks like route planners like a slightly more direct route but over Pyrenees if so what route is that with winter as an issue

Leaving in December I guess I will need

Driving permits

Green card

Medical insurance

Anything else taking into account we are out the EU next month

Cheers

GB
Passport 😁 D2 still empty

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Tier 4, no travel.
that’s that then 😳
That's where we all ought to be! people spread virus. Although we have been moved from 1 to Tier 2.
All these people travelling from say London to Suffolk ,Norfolk , Devon , Cornwall , Lake District, to their holiday homes ,and, those who travel abroad is irresponsible, and don't tell me "O I will be isolating , keeping myself to myself," it can't be done , so , let's all make a supreme effort to get rid of this Virus

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back