thinking about joining your club ???

Discussion in 'Fifth Wheelers' started by ellen, Jul 20, 2008.

1. ellen

ellen

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there :Smile:
    at present we have a motorhome, autotrail cheiftain 28ft plus our little tart the smart car on its trailer, a total of approx 40ft. we would like more living space
    with the wow factor and turn our attentions to a fifth wheeler, we have been touring for about 4 years and spend alot of time in France, any help advice or knowledge of same would be gratefully accepted.

in anticipation of lots of info
    thanx el+tel:thumb:

2. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Ratings:
    +167
    Only thinking about it?:whatthe:::bigsmile:

Go on, take the plunge. You know you want to and you couldn't ever regret it.:ROFLMAO:

We're all mad here and a thoroughly nice bunch of chaps and chapesses.

There's bound to be somebody here who knows more about 5th. wheelers than I do - coz I know nuffin. :Sad:

John

3. Safetyman

Safetyman

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Welcome Ellen
    I rarely visit this site due to work travel, however your in good hands here and there are a few of us that have taken the sensible option. (5th Wheel)
    Why are you considering a change? Your answer to this will depend on what response you will recieve from fifth wheel owners.
    It may take me a while to reply but I will.
    Kind Regards
    Malc

4. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu Banned

Ratings:
    +3,883
    go for it u only live once:thumb::thumb:

5. superk

superk

Ratings:
    +58
    I agree with the 'go for it sentiment' but here's some thoughts:

Do you use French Aires? A 5th-wheel wouldn't be classified as a motorhome so there might be a problem if you do.

Waste disposal may not be a cassette system so the 5th-wheel will need to be pulled up or reversed close enough to the waste point. French campsites tend to have a WC Chimique that may be round the back of the toilet block and inaccessible to you unless you have a macerator and lots of hose.

You will need a big vehicle to pull it (depending on size) and then you have the same big vehicle for touring with it's fuel consumption.

Some sites don't allow twin-axle caravans which a 5th-wheeler will be classified as and probably have twin axles or an extra wheel at the back.

:Smile:
    Keith