Think motorhome dealers are bad ? (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
Booked the BIKE into Harry Fairbairns (otherwise known as Arnold Clark) for service and I get this email, they really do class us bikers as second class citizens :

Thank you for booking your vehicle into Harry Fairbairn.
Our Service team at Harry Fairbairn, 32 Longman Road, Inverness, IV1 1RY is looking forward to seeing you on 19/03/2018 at 09.00.
Confirmed details of your booking are as follows:

Ref: DK14GUO/64821/199960/228405
Vehicle: BMW Bikes R 1200 RT RT R 1200 RT LE
Work to be undertaken:
Carry out annual service as per scheduel
Check operation of wiper blades & external lightsTop up washer fluid if necessaryCheck and top up engine oil 0 ¼ ½ ¾ maxTyre wear % LHF % RHF % LHR % RHR % Spare

Please remember to bring your service log book, and take a reading of your current mileage, as this may be required at the service desk.Also If your vehicle has alloy wheels, please remember to bring the locking wheel nut key.

Their grammar mistakes not mine.

Brakers

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2016
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Chausson 768XLB
Exp
I'm Intermediate
Don't forget to tell them to check the central locking system (y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
That would be enough to make me book elsewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
They made a massive mistake. They should be shut down and be imprisoned for 20 years.

Or maybe folk shouldn't get so upset about a non-event.

OP
OP
BusyBuilder
Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
It is a non event in reality, but goes to show what they think of their customers, I mean how would fell if taking you car or motorhome in and they sent you same but classed you as busses ?

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Tell them it’s left hand drive.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Good advice, but your not following it because we can tell this thread is upsetting you? :rofl:
I'm sat by our pool eating my cornflakes. Far too happy to get upset by anything on here :)

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
When you get the Invoice - that will be the time to get angry!!

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Reminds me of the time I collected my car after being serviced from main dealer. Got home and checed the receipt. Rang up to enquire about the item listed as "huile" six places down the list. Received a condescending reply, "Oh, that's French for oil, sir" (as if I didn't know!). My next question was, "Is that different from the English oil at item three?". "Ah, no," he replied, without the condescending tone, "that seems to be a mistake". I then enquired about the next item down - replacement rear windscreen wiper. I asked if they had, had any problems in replacing it. "No, no problem, why?" I asked how they managed it on a vehicle without a rear screen wiper. The was another similar anomally which I can't remember now but with no sign of an apology he said, "We'll knock it off your bill". A few days later a cheque arrived for the amount without so much as a compliment slip enclosed. :madder:

Wyn

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
My son has a BMW bike and doesn't have the aforementioned "bits", will say to him to go into delership and demand them:D. Bike out of warranty so he services it himself now .
John

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Arnold Clark, once bitten twice shy. I'll set fire to any vehicle of mine before I take it anywhere near that shonkey lot again.

Vehicle would not start, had all the light on the dash, They were the FIAT agent. Tiz the starter motor they said, but before we fix it, you got to pay for the starter motor, so nearly £600 later and a couple of days they are ready to start.. I get the vehicle recovered from Monifieth and taken to the Garage, they "FIX" IT.
Don't know why I did but I asked for the old Starter Motor.
I drive back to the site stop at the local TESCO. try to restart, no go!
Phone them up, "Sorry it's Friday Afternoon you'll have to wait till Monday!"
I get the Recovery out again get it started, go to the site.
Overnight we decide to journey back to Chesterfield the next day (Saturday) Sat morning call the Recovery to get started, and we're off.
Maureen's brother used to be in the motor trade and took us to Ward Street Garage in Tupton, they turned to on the Sunday, ran a few tests, and found out a wire running down through the steering column was earthing out, they ran a new wire , and fixed the problem They also tested the old starter motor, and there was nothing wrong with it!
Normally I would be ripping someone's throat out over this shonkey job, but the vehicle was under 3 month Warranty and they paid up no problem. and I still had the old starter which I sold on later.

Arnold bloody Clark! Pah! phooeee!

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Our Toyota garage/main dealer always charge for the screen wash Oh Please! I always make sure it’s brimming when I take the car in, and, the b######s Charge
me

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Our Toyota garage/main dealer always charge for the screen wash Oh Please! I always make sure it’s brimming when I take the car in, and, the b######s Charge
me
And you pay?

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
Having had m/ bikes for years ...yup . Shoddy dealers everywhere ... Used mobile servicing .. as I do with my M/H

They are all bad. But some , very few . Are better than bad . That's it ... Simples .

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I forgot to mention, when we arrived at the Garage to have it fixed,
we were told "You can't come in here with that sort of problem we don't carry spare S/Motors"
I said "I hope you do have a starter motor in your stores, else I want to see the top honcho! You see I paid for the bloody thing 3 days ago, and yesterday your parts joker said it had arrived and to bring the M/H in today!"
Cue big hissy fit and a flounce off "to see if that is correct"

To top off the whole fiasco, when I received the bill after paying for the labour, the bill stated in red, something along the lines of;

No guarantee on the part , Supplied by the Customer! .

Through gritted teeth, with safety valve near blowing point, I explained to the "very intelligent person" that they supplied the part, I had never seen or handled the part, it had been sitting in their store, the only thing I had to do with it was to prepay for the bloody thing, SO PLEASE!!! give me another receipt WITHOUT the offending paragraph.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back