Think I'm gonna get the chop (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
my current Email expires the end of this month. It's an old Orange one which I've had for seventeen years. Orange have seen fit to close all these old Emails.

I have tried to change my Email but get a warning that I may have to validate my account ???? This I cannot even attempt to do.

I have tried the same on another website and have been logged out completely.

So if I dissapear its down to the above .

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
have you tried a outlook/live/hotmail account? they are free

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We are just going through the same scenario. We got the message to validate the account, did so, and all good. We have now changed to gmail.com. It's surprising how many things are related by using the email address. Couldn't work out how to transfer all our emails over, so have backed up using iCloud on the IPad and have also photographed all the pages and contact details, just in case. What a palaver.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Me too, mine was an old freeserve account which was taken over and became wanadoo which in turn became orange.
So I have had this account since year dot and it has been a long haul to identify those things attached to that email that are important. On the plus side, I will at a stroke cut out all those "subscribe" emails from companies I once bought something from.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
My friend has an Orange email. He has created a new email address on Gmail. He had his PC set up so he could read and store on his PC using Outlook, he didn't want to log in to Gmail to read them.
It is reasonably easy to configure your PC to use Outlook to read and store the emails.

Good luck

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
For a free email service you can't beat gmail to be honest.
found they are a bit leaky! personel

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
For a single use email that will never be used for anything else i.e. a website login I tend to use mail.com just because the sign up page is shorter and quicker than Outlook, Yahoo or Gmail and they don't constantly ask you for a phone number and other random personal info.

I've no idea how secure it is but it doesn't really matter because I would never use one for anything important.

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
my current Email expires the end of this month. It's an old Orange one which I've had for seventeen years. Orange have seen fit to close all these old Emails.

I have tried to change my Email but get a warning that I may have to validate my account ???? This I cannot even attempt to do.

Same here. I had 'Line on' years ago that became Tiscali if my memory serves me right. Then Tiscali just pulled the plug.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

@Charlie, "validate your account" just means that when you tell a company or service that you have a new email account, they will send you an email to the new one, you then should open this email and usually within this email, there will be a link , might be a button to click , which says click here to validate your account.

When you click on it, normally you are directed to a website for that company and on the web page it should say " thank you for validating your account"

This is just a way of checking that you have given the company a valid email address.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
@Charlie, "validate your account" just means that when you tell a company or service that you have a new email account, they will send you an email to the new one, you then should open this email and usually within this email, there will be a link , might be a button to click , which says click here to validate your account.

When you click on it, normally you are directed to a website for that company and on the web page it should say " thank you for validating your account"

This is just a way of checking that you have given the company a valid email address.

Ok thanks. I can't access the new Email that my daughter set up.... it's here but I need to find it. Thanks

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Me too, mine was an old freeserve account which was taken over and became wanadoo which in turn became orange.
So I have had this account since year dot and it has been a long haul to identify those things attached to that email that are important. On the plus side, I will at a stroke cut out all those "subscribe" emails from companies I once bought something from.
Takes me back, my son works for currys , he's manager at junction 9 superstore now, but he hadn't been at currys long when they set up freeserve and we had one of the very first accounts, on trial before it became available generally , free when we had been paying by the minute, revelation (y)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Takes me back, my son works for currys , he's manager at junction 9 superstore now, but he hadn't been at currys long when they set up freeserve and we had one of the very first accounts, on trial before it became available generally , free when we had been paying by the minute, revelation (y)
Yes, remember that dial up tone?

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I've been through the change, sent a couple of hundred emails to my contacts, changed my email address on dozens of companies and now use Gmail on Thunderbird.

After all the hard work it's as if nothing had changed.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie

Bought my first computer at Currys in Hereford in 2000... my Email is an fsnet or freeserve as it was then.

My Email is connected to all my business pals though I've retired now but still that Email is held by dozens of friends and family. I've only ever had just this one and it goes the end of the month.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Me too.
I was also a Currys manager, 37 years man and boy. :eek:
We were quite involved in the Freeserve roll out and had an account for quite a few years.
I may have known your son @chaser but I've been retired for quite a while now.

Richard.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Bought my first computer at Currys in Hereford in 2000... my Email is an fsnet or freeserve as it was then.

My Email is connected to all my business pals though I've retired now but still that Email is held by dozens of friends and family. I've only ever had just this one and it goes the end of the month.
I'm luckier in that I added a gmail account a couple of years ago and have been running it in parallel.

You could bombard your contacts with weekly emails from now to end of month informing them of the change.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I too opened a GMail account a couple of years ago after Tiscali slowed up on me but I still use that for odd stuff that's not important. Still got an AOL address from way back too.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back