BOD46
Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Several years living in a very basic campervan in the 70's
You might not want the doors opening if you are on the dunny!!

Having said that, I think that might be how you access the toilet cassette? There are no opening I can see in the bodywork. I think the rear rack with the boxes might hinge? It has a leg thing on one side.

Perhaps I would not need a SOG unit:xblink:

Yes, you are quite right access to the toilet cassette is only through the rear doors. Did not see the leg thing. I saw a pic on a different one with the back doors open. Depending on how heavy those boxes are I could have problems shifting them.

OP
OP
BOD46
Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Magnificent. I'd remove the top bunk and fit cupboards. Nicer feel to the bottom bunk.

I would not remove top bunk as my daughter may come on a few shorter trips with me. Either or both beds can be folder up and strapped against the outer wall. Access to storage under bottom bunk from inside and the rear door, I think I could get a lot of those underbed storage boxes under there:xsmile:

It does have everything I want, I just wish it was not in Germany:xsad:

OP
OP
BOD46
Dec 9, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
Searching for a Tardis
Exp
Broken Link Removed
Could having those boxes on the back well loaded up put a lot of strain on the back axle? More to the point could it cause future problems. Previous owner may not of been aware of the dreaded payload problem. I would not of been aware if not for this forum. I suppose there is no way of knowing. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Either or both beds can be folder up and strapped against the outer wall.

It does have everything I want, I just wish it was not in Germany:xsad:

Germany is one of our favourite destinations. That dream machine is 500 miles from Calais. One stop half way and it's easy. Booking.com will find you a cheap room.

Go for it girl.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Broken Link Removed
Could having those boxes on the back well loaded up put a lot of strain on the back axle? More to the point could it cause future problems. Previous owner may not of been aware of the dreaded payload problem. I would not of been aware if not for this forum. I suppose there is no way of knowing. Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Short van, short overhang, don't think it will be a problem. If necessary easy to fit air asist to the rear springs. Looks like the rack with the boxes swings out of the way to access the rear doors, there is a drop down support leg on the left hand side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back