Things to do near Santander before Ferry departs? (1 Viewer)

AndyRiff

Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos A747-2
Exp
Since 2014
Morning all,

Heading back to Santander Saturday from Villadolid, ferry is at 20:30. Any suggestions on where to go?

Ta :)

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
The city is quite interesting and just a short walk from the docks: they issue "tickets" to let you back in.

The cathedral was very interesting! An armed guard kept on insisting on silence from a group of youths and I wondered if we might be about to witness a martyrdom for the human right to make a noise!! There are some museums but they might be closed in the evening, although I guess you will be embarking by 19.30 and would certainly want to be back to your van by then.

Enjoy - Gordon

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The "zoo" at Cabarceno (or whatever its called) is a popular aire for folk waiting for the ferry. The facilities are not very nice but you can watch elephants and it is free. Find it on campercontact south east of Santander.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The "zoo" at Cabarceno (or whatever its called) is a popular aire for folk waiting for the ferry. The facilities are not very nice but you can watch elephants and it is free. Find it on campercontact south east of Santander.

I am not sure you would get to it on a Saturday in August
We tried to stop there last week and could not get near it for all the parked cars

We had great fun turning around to get out of the village. :D

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I am not sure you would get to it on a Saturday in August
We tried to stop there last week and could not get near it for all the parked cars

We had great fun turning around to get out of the village. :D
Good point. There is an aire in Valladolid which we've used but likely to be noisy on a Friday night.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
There used to be a meat or fish restaurant on the beach a couple of miles away that served only two things, a huge wooden plate of assorted meats or assorted fishes (with chips and dips) for 12 euro. Far more than even I could eat but a mind blowing experience. I wonder if its still there?

OP
OP
AndyRiff

AndyRiff

Free Member
Apr 10, 2016
Swindon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos A747-2
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks guys, have two little ones so we'll see how it goes.

Can you park in the ferry port early and have a walk around?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Just seen this.

You could ( very unwise) try to do what I did and take out one of the petrol pumps on the island opposite the ferry terminal.

They were very understanding about it.

Cost me about £1000 on my side and an overexposure to 'rabbit' from the passenger seat that's only just abated.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back