Things to do near Blackpool? (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Guys looking for things to do near Blackpool next week, we are with the 3C rally at windy harbour for a week. Castles, abbeys, mines, steam that sort of thing, within a about a 50 mile radius.

No need to mention shopping centre's, swmbo's got that sorted. :cry:

olley

W18BLA

Funster
Oct 24, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam
Exp
There is a great chippy in Blackpool that makes Parsnip chips and cooks them in dripping thats about the best thing Blackpool has apart from the M55 great road to get away from Blackpool on lol sorry...:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Parsnip chips!! is that the best you guys can do? O'well guess I will have to ask the darkside. :Eeek:

Olley

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
trip to the lakes, steam train and ferry at windermere, you can go the isle of man from heysham. have to admit i couldnt get my grankids to leave the site last year all they wanted to do was fish in the fishing ponds, and go swimming in the pool and hang out with other kids they met, and they didnt want to leave either when time to come home

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Hi Olley

Mines, steam, castles :Eeek: Your going to be very dissapointed.

Have a look on here http://www.visitblackpool.com/

Dont forget Blackpool is only an hour from the lakes or a couple of hours to Carlisle if you want a bit of history :thumb:

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
Fleetwood is just up the road, there a very good indoor market there, with a car park right opposite, we went on a saturday, but it may be open other days, the trams terminate there right on the sea front, we took a tram, be warned the 4/5 miles I think it is will take you a good hour, they also have a fish market wednesday? and the whole place stinks of fish and I mean stinks.

Nick

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
And if you want a Sunday afternoon with a difference (usually free depending on the artiste) go to Fort San Antone .... about twenty minutes drive away.... The kids will love it and you can sit and watch whilst you have a drink...

Dobbies Garden Centre is two minutes drive from it if you want lunch before you go or you can get chips beef and onions and that type of thing there. Will try and post a link for you.

Link Removed

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Thanks guys and girls but the only kid is me, its Darby and Joan this holiday :ROFLMAO:

Did history pass Blackpool by? Sounds as if the Romans/Normans/Tudors etc all said "Bugger Blackpool"

Found the Leyland vehicle museum at Leyland, so that's a start, there's also some caves somewhere. Stuff in the lakes seem to be well over 75miles away, neither of us want to drive that far.

Weathers crap and likely to remain so until we leave Sunday, when there will be a heat wave. :Doh:

Spain/France/Italy next year. :thumb:

Olley

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Thanks guys and girls but the only kid is me, its Darby and Joan this holiday :ROFLMAO:

Did history pass Blackpool by? Sounds as if the Romans/Normans/Tudors etc all said "Bugger Blackpool"

Found the Leyland vehicle museum at Leyland, so that's a start, there's also some caves somewhere. Stuff in the lakes seem to be well over 75miles away, neither of us want to drive that far.

Weathers crap and likely to remain so until we leave Sunday, when there will be a heat wave. :Doh:

Spain/France/Italy next year. :thumb:

Olley

Ingleton Falls is lovely (and no doubt will be in full flood due to the rain we have had over the last month). And not to far away.::bigsmile:

http://www.ingletonwaterfallstrail.co.uk/

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
HI

Hi Guys looking for things to do near Blackpool next week, we are with the 3C rally at windy harbour for a week. Castles, abbeys, mines, steam that sort of thing, within a about a 50 mile radius.

No need to mention shopping centre's, swmbo's got that sorted. :cry:

olley

HI
not sure if this is to far for you to go i went when i was a kid i think its call speak hall i think its a tudor hall near liverpool airport i do recall it was very and i allways wanted to go back if i think off any thing i will let you no:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back