Things purchased for the motorhome and never use . (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The trouble is when you are on a site with the safari room up and the family staying and the hosepipe won't reach the tap. The watering can is not up to collecting enough water and there is no way to get rid of the grey without the aqua roll and waste hog.
Rarely stay on sites.

OP
OP
Swifter

Swifter

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2020
Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2019
The trouble is when you are on a site with the safari room up and the family staying and the hosepipe won't reach the tap. The watering can is not up to collecting enough water and there is no way to get rid of the grey without the aqua roll and waste hog.
Same situation for us . We try and get a serviced pitch and then we just use the collapz waste pipes and obviously hose is connected straight to the tap .The problem is that serviced pitches are not always available and also some sites like Bromyard Downs CAMC don’t have a motorhome service point (or serviced pitches ) . I understand why some people don’t want to carry a Wastemaster and Aquaroll but for me ,if we aren’t on a serviced pitch they ,are essential for our family 👍🏻

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Same situation for us . We try and get a serviced pitch and then we just use the collapz waste pipes and obviously hose is connected straight to the tap .The problem is that serviced pitches are not always available and also some sites like Bromyard Downs CAMC don’t have a motorhome service point (or serviced pitches ) . I understand why some people don’t want to carry a Wastemaster and Aquaroll but for me ,if we aren’t on a serviced pitch they ,are essential for our family 👍🏻
Serviced pitch😳now them is for caravanners🤪
ps, not my quote in #93.

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
By contrast our most used and best bangs for buck device is a flexible builders trug - the sort of thing you get from garden centres . We use it to collect the dirty plates and stuff before washing , collecting grey waste (not with plates ) and only when I have enough rear height . Collecting fresh water which I can pour direct into the tank (if I can be arsed to use a hose ) and somewhere to store our wellies to keep the garage dry and clean. Trugs - you know it makes sense

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Least used items;
- rather nice IKEA bamboo salad bowl
- Quest pop up 4
- Lilypads windblockers
- collapsible bucket

but you never know … van is just a glorified day vehicle at the moment

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Two awnings - bought a blow up one when we first got the pvc - never used it! Sold that, & bought a lightweight one - never used that one either! It might be still in the loft, or we may have sold that too! 😀
You 'may' have sold your loft ... one sure way to tell is if you get a bit soggy😨 when it rains! :LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
By contrast our most used and best bangs for buck device is a flexible builders trug - the sort of thing you get from garden centres . We use it to collect the dirty plates and stuff before washing , collecting grey waste (not with plates ) and only when I have enough rear height . Collecting fresh water which I can pour direct into the tank (if I can be arsed to use a hose ) and somewhere to store our wellies to keep the garage dry and clean. Trugs - you know it makes sense
I don't think I'd want to use it for fresh water after its been used for the other 'mucky' stuff! :sick:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
A free standing satellite dish system I bought it some years ago and only tried it once and spent a frustrating afternoon trying to get a picture , I think it was called an easy find set ,it languishes in the garage if anybody wants it for a very small fee please contact me .:doh:

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
Least used items;
- rather nice IKEA bamboo salad bowl
- Quest pop up 4
- Lilypads windblockers
- collapsible bucket

but you never know … van is just a glorified day vehicle at the moment
See your one bucket and raise you one bucket. Never used either of them.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
A free standing satellite dish system I bought it some years ago and only tried it once and spent a frustrating afternoon trying to get a picture , I think it was called an easy find set ,it languishes in the garage if anybody wants it for a very small fee please contact me .:doh:
Yep, we’ve one of those too. Did t even get to trying it!🥴 Still in attic.
All these people with windbreaks in their garages, they are impossible to buy at the moment unless you want a striped beach one. Stick them in the classifieds 👍
we use ours all the time. I like my little fenced off bit. Keeps my dogs and cat safe, allows them a bit of freedom to come in and out and protects me from the bloody wind. Did I tell you we were in cornwall before half term. Was the only thing left standing! But it is an Isabella.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Ahem ... I did reply ...
I am so sorry.
I am flitting between posts and sites.
Have you put it up for sale / auction / donation or whatever.
I am considering buying such a thing.
And possibly a free standing wind break, so if any others for sale, I am interested.
Seen nowt in the classifieds lately.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
A TV, bought it 5 years ago. Turned it on to set it up. Used it to watch a sports event 3 years afterwards and not used it since. God only knows why I bought it in the first place. It’s not like we watch TV at home. What on earth made me think we would watch it whilst away I do not know.

POH

May 29, 2018
Funster No
MH
Pilote 740c
Exp
5 years
and a bottle of brown sauce which of course we will never use as it's only there in case
we meet up with uncouth Northerner's that we offer a bacon sarnie too :giggle:
Uncouth Northerners HOW DARE YOU !!!!! we are the salt of the earth and another thing WHATS wrong with brown sauce it's the only thing to have on a bacon butties NOT the poncey ketchup you SOUTHERNERS put on your sarnies :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
I've got an iron AND a table top ironing board. Used once, I think, in 4 years.
OMG... Wait till I show Mrs Poppycamper this... She will be positively mortified...How on earth can anybody put a sock on their foot WITHOUT ironing it first...No the sock silly.... Beggars believe!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
The tow bar. Was on the van when bought and never used. Although it would be used next week if i can convince HRH a TOAD would be worthwhile.

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
Uncouth Northerners HOW DARE YOU !!!!! we are the salt of the earth and another thing WHATS wrong with brown sauce it's the only thing to have on a bacon butties NOT the poncey ketchup you SOUTHERNERS put on your sarnies :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'll have you know we real southerners have sliced tomato and mayonnaise in our bacon sandwiches.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bottle opener

disney classic GIF

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
I'll have you know we real southerners have sliced tomato and mayonnaise in our bacon sandwiches.
That is for the home counties.

Us urban hipsters have bacon sarnies with smashed avocado and balsamic, served in foccacia of course.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back