Things purchased for the motorhome and never use . (1 Viewer)

Ray's Scout

Free Member
Jan 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Scout
I think the only thing we haven't (yet) used is the pop-up washing line - but that's only because we've not had the chance to go away for a proper holiday since we bought it :cry: I'm really trying to think if there's anything else we are carrying about and haven't used, but I don't think there is.

Oh I just remembered....the Fiamma wheel grip mats! We haven't used them, but we did lend them to a lady who got stuck in the snow in Oxford a few years ago and they worked well enough for her to get off her pitch onto the roadway so I decided to keep them on board just in case (y)
Me to and in this weather it would be GREAT/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Clive Mott

Funster
Nov 12, 2012
New Milton
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since 1972
Small petrol generator. Tried it once at a New Forest site. It did what I wanted. Worked well etc. Quiet they said. There was no way I could put up with that constant purring noise spoiling the tranquility of the area. So after 10 minutes it was off. I swapped it for a colour TV. How can anyone justify subjecting others to the noise of these things defeats me.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Leveling ramps.
I've carried them for probably 80,000miles and used them maybe 4 times. They are bit bulky but light
I still think they need to go now

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Something I have never used in the house or away - wine bottle stopper. OK to use the cork just in case it gets knocked over but who leaves wine in the bottle for more than a day!
🍷

We still lug a BBQ about and hardly ever use it. I also had a block and tackle engine hoist that I kept in the MoHo in case we got stuck in the mud and needed to winch out. It only weighs 2KG. Never used it, but was worth having. Our new van is too heavy for it.

D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Travel irons are useful in the home, I sometimes use one when I have small items to deal with whilst sewing and the other day it came in very useful to put the labels on my Mum's clothes in readiness for her going into a care home, the small size meant I didn't have to remove the clothes from their hangers.

Apr 26, 2016
Preston
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Scotzsue #154, good idea that shopping trolly for carrying toilet fresh water etc. I thought I would try that so nicked one from Tesco, one of the small ones, it wouldn't fit in my garage so had to return it. How big is your motorhome with a garage big enough for a shopping trolly. 🤣🤣

Mar 6, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1987
Travel irons are useful in the home, I sometimes use one when I have small items to deal with whilst sewing and the other day it came in very useful to put the labels on my Mum's clothes in readiness for her going into a care home, the small size meant I didn't have to remove the clothes from their hangers.

Travel irons usually pack flat. They are really useful if you have to live in cheap hotels, as you can turn them over and use them as a hotplate. with a tin pan, you can do a really good stir fry.
D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Travel irons usually pack flat. They are really useful if you have to live in cheap hotels, as you can turn them over and use them as a hotplate. with a tin pan, you can do a really good stir fry.
D
Any good for 'steamed' veggies? :giggle:

KimSteve

Free Member
Apr 11, 2021
Funster No
MH
Luna Roadstar 2004
I do a clear out at the end of each trip;

The Honda Genny (which I acquired for free) had not yet made it onboard, and lives in the scullery at home.
The inflatable canoe and associated kit , does get occasional use, but now lives under the spare bed at home.
The BBQ tools will now live in the garden shed, as we bought a Cadac gas BBQ at the Peterborough show.
The clothes get less and less each time.
The dried and tinned food we stocked up with for the Zombie Apocalypse/Brexit/Pandemic is slowly being eaten and not replaced.
The wine cellar is down to the last 3 bottles.

I reckon we are 200kg lighter than last summer!
need to replenish the wine!

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Update!, I christened my Cadac Safari Chef last week, brilliant and so easy to clean, I’m now hooked on MoHo BBQ. 😋
Me too, love its size and the pan cooks enough for four, nice bit of kit

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back