Things are opening up.....ferry booked !! (1 Viewer)

Nov 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
2015 Citroen Relay
Just booked my ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff for July. Not a bad price either! I'm traveling down to Biarritz in one hit and bound for Mojacar area eventually. Any ideas where is good to stop after Biarritz ? Last year i stopped in Altea, which was nice. Interested in your experiences !

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Can't help, but admire your confidence, what have you read that's lead you to book this trip?

OP
OP
Karlb
Nov 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
2015 Citroen Relay
Can't help, but admire your confidence, what have you read that's lead you to book this trip?
Just a slim hope that the vaccine rollout on the continent has advanced by then. If they open travel up...I'm off !! Booked a flexi ticket too

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
Just before Altea is Calpe, which would make a nice stop, there is a site called Calpemar 300 metres from the seafront, restaurants and shops, plus a number ot Camperstops. Hope this helps.

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Just a slim hope that the vaccine rollout on the continent has advanced by then. If they open travel up...I'm off !! Booked a flexi ticket too
Ah. I've had two Brittany bookings that have been leapfrogging since May last year. Currently June and August. Here's hoping.

As an aside, the Aire at Plage de Milady just South of Biarritz is just across the road from the Bounty restaurant, where you can dine right on the beach and watch some spectacular sunsets. ... And the 13 bus takes you into town for a euro.

OP
OP
Karlb
Nov 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
2015 Citroen Relay
Ah. I've had two Brittany bookings that have been leapfrogging since May last year. Currently June and August. Here's hoping.

As an aside, the Aire at Plage de Milady just South of Biarritz is just across the road from the Bounty restaurant, where you can dine right on the beach and watch some spectacular sunsets. ... And the 13 bus takes you into town for a euro.
Great info, thanks. I really love Biarritz. I've always found everyone so friendly.

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
I keep planning routes, just in case, and to see what the ferry fares will be. Got so close to hitting the purchase button a few times but have thus far resisted. Enjoy your travels if they go ahead.

OP
OP
Karlb
Nov 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
2015 Citroen Relay
I keep planning routes, just in case, and to see what the ferry fares will be. Got so close to hitting the purchase button a few times but have thus far resisted. Enjoy your travels if they go ahead.
My Plymouth to Roscoff return in July was £569 with an outside club cabin both ways for reference.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Just booked my ferry from Plymouth to Roscoff for July. Not a bad price either! I'm traveling down to Biarritz in one hit and bound for Mojacar area eventually. Any ideas where is good to stop after Biarritz ? Last year i stopped in Altea, which was nice. Interested in your experiences !
I think you ve made a good decision based upon what is known and can be foreseen at the moment.

I monitor the European figures on a daily basis and post them up on here Broken Link Removed usually after germany announce their last one of the day.

I suspect you will find Spain dropping from today. And youre right about the vaccinations in Europe. In July they will be ahead of where we are now if they keep up their rate of the past fortnight. 0.62% of the population per day and 60 days til July sees them on 36% more than where they are now which is 23%. 59% of population vaccinated on 1st July is 10% more than we have now but you wont read that in our media.

Hope you enjoy your trip

alanalmoff

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
March
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2001
We generally stop on the way to Costa del Sol, just above Biarritz, Ondres Plage, next to the beach, toilets and water, 7 euros, electric on one of parking lanes, and then again a little South of Zarragosa, Carinena, parking in the Hotel Carinena park, menu del dia 12 euro, or the Aire at the top of village, which has waste dump and water. There is also a campground in Ondres, as well as the beach park, , enjoy
y

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
I think you ve made a good decision based upon what is known and can be foreseen at the moment.

I monitor the European figures on a daily basis and post them up on here Broken Link Removed usually after germany announce their last one of the day.

I suspect you will find Spain dropping from today. And youre right about the vaccinations in Europe. In July they will be ahead of where we are now if they keep up their rate of the past fortnight. 0.62% of the population per day and 60 days til July sees them on 36% more than where they are now which is 23%. 59% of population vaccinated on 1st July is 10% more than we have now but you wont read that in our media.

Hope you enjoy your trip
jumartoo has just had first jab, second on 19th July.... I've not had my first yet, we are both over pensionable age....bit of a way to go here in Spain....we also haven't been given the green light to leave our Municipality for our holidays....

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
jumartoo has just had first jab, second on 19th July.... I've not had my first yet, we are both over pensionable age....bit of a way to go here in Spain....we also haven't been given the green light to leave our Municipality for our holidays....
Your Government doesnt seem to have the same outlook about tourism

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Your Government doesnt seem to have the same outlook about tourism

Agree totally.....Tourism is more important that the Citizens and Residents well-being, we still have large numbers here from France and Germany coming and going un- challenged....however we are confined to our Region....both ourselves and the public in general find it unacceptable....

May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
We're tentatively planning on going to France and Germany at the end of August but we're not booking anything yet......we're hoping by that point everything will be a bit clearer and settled. Its not just about whether we're allowed to travel (and whether the other countries will let us in!) but also the testing requirements both pre- and post-travel. At the moment it all seem a bit complicated and quite a lot of hassle to arrange.....we're happy to do it if needed but I'm hoping in a few months time things will be a bit smoother to organise. I don't want to spend half of my 2 weeks holiday planning, arranging and taking Covid tests.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
We generally stop on the way to Costa del Sol, just above Biarritz, Ondres Plage, next to the beach, toilets and water, 7 euros, electric on one of parking lanes, and then again a little South of Zarragosa, Carinena, parking in the Hotel Carinena park, menu del dia 12 euro, or the Aire at the top of village, which has waste dump and water. There is also a campground in Ondres, as well as the beach park, , enjoy
y

Ondres has been my stopover for years, used the campsite once and never again as they charge you to fill your tank on top of the pitch price. Great pizzeria right next to the Aire.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Agree totally.....Tourism is more important that the Citizens and Residents well-being, we still have large numbers here from France and Germany coming and going un- challenged....however we are confined to our Region....both ourselves and the public in general find it unacceptable....
Seems an appropriate gripe to me !
I m fairly certain i would be livid

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Seems an appropriate gripe to me !
I m fairly certain i would be livid
We can cope with the situation, got quite used to it....members of the general public are venting their anger at seeing so many German and French Motorhomes, however nothing will or can be done....

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Back in February we booked a week in France at a campsite through the Motorcaravanners Club, as a Casual Campsite, I think they call it. We still have our fingers crossed for this at the end of August. Back in February it felt like a punt of the €20 deposit and it still feels like a punt. We have to be back for 7 th September for family commitments, so it seemed the latest we could try for in the hope France would be open and hope we could return without quarantine. Time will tell, but we will have to make a tunnel booking sometime.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We have the Dover to Calais ferry booked for the end of August and planning an onward trip into Spain. I'm getting more and more hopeful. :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back