Thieving Scum (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29692
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Very strange. Why would anyone do this ? Is it personal ? Or did they do the wrong house ?

No idea. Can't think of any reason why it would be personal.

According to the police cash and car keys are the usual targets. They would have been back one night for the cars if we hadn't been able to remove them.

They don't take anything valuable and easily identifiable, watches for example, as they are too easily traced back and iPads and Macs aren't really worth stealing as they can be fried instantly via "Find My iPhone"

BFM14

Free Member
Jan 24, 2015
Leicester
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
We were burgled and unbeknown to us the dog had been attacked. It was not apparent until my wife touched our dog the day or two after the attack. We took her to the vet who said that she was bruised around her stomach/chest area from being hit by a stick. A number of days later I found a stair riser under the bed and when I picked it up the dog ran away. I would recommend that you have the dog checked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Go and check the van It may in secure compound but they wanted the keys if they left everything else and just took them. Disable something Wheels off or the like.
My friends farm with caravan parking was gone into and the P***s were seen on CCTV but were after on particular caravan. They came over the fields to avoid the gateway check, with a 4X4 and were going to go out the same way when they were seen on camera The van owner had been burgled like you, for the keys to the security locks etc

There's no reason to think they would know where the van is, there's nothing on the keys that identifies it. Even most of my friends don't know where it is. If they do know and go over there it would have to be in broad daylight as the compound is shut around now at this time of year and the owners are aware of what's happened so are keeping an eye on the CCTV. Also even if they do find it and try to pinch it Dr Vanbitz's Finest Non Starter takes over. I've been status checking it every so often through the day and all is well so far.

All in all I'm not too concerned about the van. The cars would have been a bigger worry but we came up with something to deal with them late last night.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We were burgled and unbeknown to us the dog had been attacked. It was not apparent until my wife touched our dog the day or two after the attack. We took her to the vet who said that she was bruised around her stomach/chest area from being hit by a stick. A number of days later I found a stair riser under the bed and when I picked it up the dog ran away. I would recommend that you have the dog checked.

I have thought about it and I've given him a good check over and he's physically fine, just still a little subdued by his standards.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Commiserations, and a plague on the ar$eholes who did it. :(Wish I could guarantee to show the same level of balance that you are showing. Good on yer.(y)

As it stands at present there's nothing I can do about it so there's not much point in worrying about it.

If I were to find the bastards however.........:whistle:

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
As it stands at present there's nothing I can do about it so there's not much point in worrying about it.

If I were to find the bastards however.........:whistle:
If you do find them,I'm sure Toots and self would make ourselves available to errr........assist in reeducation.:sneaky:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
So sorry to hear this - but glad it was no worse and no intelligent being was physically hurt.

I found Fiat to be really quick with parts (3 days from Italy) and hope they are the same with you.

Must find a safer place to keep out keys and use it in future - although our car is in a locked garage operated by a remote switch...... motorhome is a different matter :(

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Very best of luck sorting it all out, we had our caravan broken into years ago did 10x more damage in £ terms than they stole in the TV

I have already though learnt from your woes and separated our car and MH keys, they were all kept together till I read this

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now 😢
Exp
So sorry you have had this grief, going to double check our stuff are safely stashed now. Total scumbags hope they get what they deserve in life. Hope the dogs are ok.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
separated our car and MH keys, they were all kept together till I read this

I've thought of that too. When this is all sorted the spares are going to be stashed in various hard to find places. I've always been in the habit of leaving my main sets of keys - car, house, MH, work etc - on the kitchen table when I get it in. This is going to have to change as well.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks Eddie, I had a chat with Ash and Dave this morning about what to to when I get can get the doors open so I should be OK there. (y)

I'm glad you fitted it as well (y)

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Don't start thinking its personal nick it will start to eat you up inside, these things very rarely are. They are just the scum of the earth and in my opinion if caught they should have their hands cut off.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Don't start thinking its personal nick it will start to eat you up inside, these things very rarely are. They are just the scum of the earth and in my opinion if caught they should have their hands cut off.

I don't think it's personal. I think it was someone after the cars but we've dealt with that as far as we can. I don't think the motorhome was a target, they just grabbed everything that looked like car keys. There were various other bunches of keys that they ignored and would have caused me far more problems if they had been taken.

Like I said I can't do anything about it now so I'm not worrying.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sorry to read of your break in. Thieving scum but it can happen in the nicest of areas. I'm glad no one was home to get injured and your dogs are safe and unharmed. Material things can be replaced, admittedly at an inconvienence . Just last week I had my wee safe secured as I thought it was stupid to have taken the bother to have one but knowing anyone could just lift it. We all live and learn and this is a reminder to us all. Hope you get everything sorted hassle free.

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Not that they will have been the sharpest tools in the box, but why steal keys to cars that were not available on the drive

Just adds to the frustration for you as well I guess, (shakes head in disbelief)

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Not that they will have been the sharpest tools in the box, but why steal keys to cars that were not available on the drive

Again apparently according to the police officers who attended that is more or less standard practice at the moment. They rob a house when nobody is in targeting spare car keys. They then come back that night or the next night and have the car away. I suppose they may have taken more if there was a car there to drive it away in.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
What a nightmare...!

A good tip that I use is that all my spare keys are with a relative so if anything happens like losing my set means I don't have to break into my own house and now realise it would have been good in this instance.
My own keys are with me all the time...

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Sorry to hear about the break in & hope the hassle sorting it all is over quickly so you can carry on with the plans you have made:)

Have any other homes been done in the village? .

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
sorry to hear of your news, same thing happened to my Parents house on Xmas eve 3 years ago. They ramsacked the house and left it a real mess, thankfully they where on holiday and it gave me time to tidy up the mess.

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
So sorry to hear your news ,hope you get it all sorted soon.nowhere or nothing is sacred in this day and age:(
Brian & Jo

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
im really angry about what they did to the dog , stuff can be fixed or replaced , so sorry to read about your experience , hope your okay

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back