Thetford toilet smelling (1 Viewer)

Jun 19, 2021
West Wales
Funster No
MH
Expedition 66
Exp
Nee
Incarpaul Were you able to solve this problem?

I have exactly the same issue, no smell inside the van, but when driving and the window is open it can be a bit whiffy.

I put a drop of Zoflora in both the cassette and the grey waste tank and went for a drive yesterday, and was still getting smells with the windows open, albeit Zoflora Fresh Linen!

Is this just a ‘thing’, or something that needs to be sorted out somehow?

Grateful for any advice.

jp11

Free Member
Aug 15, 2021
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Minibus conversion
You may have seen in a similar thread that I had the same problem, perhaps worse. In my self build I installed a C200 with normal valve. The cassette was accessed from the garage which, in turn, was slightly open to the habitation area. I didn't know about the valve. With windows open the smell was horrendous (admittedly the red light was on). The open windows obviously cause a vacuum in the van. So I've just fitted a new valve and tube thingy through the floor. So far so good.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I think if you empty regularly and before it’s full,plus put plenty of chemical in it,you won’t have a problem.

But it may be due to your shite being beyond help,in which case you’re doomed,a bit like people with incurable smelly feet. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
I

Incarpaul

Free Member
Sep 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Boxer Campervan
Exp
Incarpaul Were you able to solve this problem?

I have exactly the same issue, no smell inside the van, but when driving and the window is open it can be a bit whiffy.

I put a drop of Zoflora in both the cassette and the grey waste tank and went for a drive yesterday, and was still getting smells with the windows open, albeit Zoflora Fresh Linen!

Is this just a ‘thing’, or something that needs to be sorted out somehow?

Grateful for any advice.
No not really, not had the same issue's on our last trip but would like to make sure it don't happen again, interested in what JP11 has posted about this so will look that post up when I get 5 minutes..

Will update this post if i find out the cause and a solution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back