Thetford Toilet - Emptying at home - YUK!!! (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Pinkie, yours 'should' be like the S660 / S670 and my RMB in that there'll be a lockable cap on the outside somewhere for the freshwater inlet.

The S670 has its tank underneath the settee / dinette seats, so look on the outisde on yours in the same area.

The older Mercedes conversions tend to have a 6" x 3" bottom-hinged black box at the rear underneath the rear bumper, or in that area. This is for the grey water outlet. There ought to be a metal clasp on the right of the box to enable it to hinge downwards to let the water out.

Have a look around yours, starting from underneath the rear bumper.

Now, you may also find that the corner of the rear bumper pulls off. Hymer cleverly hid a few extension pieces / hoses in here for grey water disposal that connect to your grey water outlet.

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Hi,

If it's just washing up/shower water, and I bought the van off someone who had had it a month and not used it, I imagine there wasn't much water in it......can I just run it into my gravel front garden?

(Yes think I've seen a water tank under a dinette seat, so you are right - I refill that on the outside and look for the outlet for emptying at the back of the van....)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
The fresh water tank should have a screw top on the top of the tank, look inside and there is usually a small plug from which you can empty it.
Also can see what the inside of the tank is like.
Cam empty onto drive with no probs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Pinkie,

Here's a couple of vids for your model Hymer, which might help in the absence of manuals.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC8tfyGQfJs"]Vid 1[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVxsrCv4Mww"]Vid 2[/ame]

BTW, did you manage to get your Truma heating and hot water up and running?

Cheers for now,

Jock.

OP
OP
pinkie

pinkie

Free Member
Apr 23, 2013
Angus
Funster No
MH
Hymer B555 Auto
Exp
Pinkie,

Here's a couple of vids for your model Hymer, which might help in the absence of manuals.
Vid 1
Vid 2

BTW, did you manage to get your Truma heating and hot water up and running?

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Hi Jock,

You are A STAR!!!! Thanks so much!

Yep, got the guy who tested the gas to show me how to work everything, he was impressed with the van, said I made a very good purchase and everything works!!! Nice to be reassured on that! Thanks again! Pinkie x:thumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jock,

You are A STAR!!!! Thanks so much!
Why, thank you young lady. :winky: Always glad to help where I can. :thumb:

Glad to hear that someone helped you out with the heating, and was able to give you a positive opinion on your purchase, from a tradesman's angle. :thumb:

BTW, if it's a SOG toilet system you've got, the contents don't half hum. :Sad: I pop a washing powder tablet in ours after a rinse out, to make emptying next time a slightly pleasanter experience, and they help to keep the inside of the cassette clean, as well as break down any matter. :roflmto: I use two, if I know there will be several days between emptying, ie, due to toilets on site. Like everyone else, when "on tour" empty at every available opportunity, and try not to go over half full. That gives you a bit of time to find a dump point. From my caravanning days, the bench type cassette holds about 5 x gallons. That's a lot of effluent to carry..........as you now know. :winky:

Cheers for now,

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back