LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Our Thetford N3141 fridge stopped working on 12v the 20 amp fuse had overheated and the pcb board below it was scorched, cleaned the fuse connections and replaced the fuse, and 12 v was working again and gas and 240 was ok , but to be sure of no further issues decided to change the pcb and 12v heater element, the original pcb part no was 691101 this I was told by Jacksons Leisure had now been superceded to part no 692247 a common 3 and 4 series part so ordered one. Fitted the 12v element and the new pcb, fridge fired up on gas ran for 30 seconds and then cut out, it did 3 cycles of starting cutting out and then generated a fault code, I put the old pcb back in and it fired up and ran OK for 10 min so I turned it off and tried the new pcb again the same 3 cycle attempts and then the fault code generated.
I rang Jacksons spoke to their tech team they had not heard of a problem but they would ask around.
While waiting for them to come back my brother who has a van with the same fridge said I could try his pcb which worked fine.
It would seem the new pcb is unable to read the return earth path from the igniter which controls the flame failure.
I think the new pcb is faulty anybody else came across this issue?

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2019
LLANELLI
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam Zefiro 685
Exp
6 years
I got exactly the same issue on my N3141. It stopped working on 12v and found the 20amp fuse burnt. Cleaned and replaced and it worked. I contacted Thetford and they told me it was out of warranty so unable to help but I could buy one from their supplier. They were out of stock so I bought one from Jacksons. I then decided to contact Thetford EU who did agree to refund me and claim under warranty. However when the engineer fitted the uprated 692247 pcb it would not work on gas. I contacted Jacksons who spoke with Thetford and I have now received another pcb which is same number 692247 and am waiting to see if engineer can fit it and I will see if it works. After reading above post I am very anxious that it wont.

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
Is this the pcb at the bottom of the fridge at the back

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun