Thetford N150 error code 18 and not working, help! (2 Viewers)

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
just moved back into the van and tried to put the fridge on without success, error code 18 showing. Had lots of problems last year with fridge and had to have a new power board fitted but it ran ok all the way down to the Algarve 6 months ago. Been in an apartment for 6 months and moved back into the van today prior to heading home and the fridge won't turn on. I get error code 18 and a flashing display. Anyone know anything I can do? All supplies seem to be ok 12v and 240v and gas is good.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thetford N150
• Fault 18: No fault, only lighting all LCD segments on start-up.

double check the supplies.. preferably with a meter.. then try switching off and restarting

also found this

Question
Hi Tom, We have a N112 fridge from 2007. Had fault code 12 showing, switched off everything, now have code 18, which according to the manual is "no fault" but LCD is random flashing, back light is on rythmic flash, clicking in the back.

Have read some other posts and a 5 amp fuse was mentioned. I was wondering where it is located, as I have checked all in "fuse box" Also, is this a "simple " fix or is it time for a new fridge? Ta Mr C

Answer

The fuse is located on the powerboard which is on the rear of the fridge. Access to this is through the external vents but can sometimes be restricted by installation. If the fuse can not be accessed by this method then I would recommend it being looked at by a registered engineer.

https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/t...dge-from-2007-had-fault-code-12-showing-switc

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks Jim. Supplies all ok and cycled it on and off a few times without success. Disconnected everything and waited 10 minutes, same issue. I hate this fridge!

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks again for the extra info Jim. I can't get at the powerboard through the vents at the back so I can't check any fuse that maybe on it without pulling the fridge out. I just don't understand why it won't run if error code 18 is no fault? I've switched on and off a few more times and also disconnected the 12v and 240 supplies to try and reset the unit, it just comes up with error code 18 straight away. Very frustrating!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
sorry I can't help further.. I hate fridge faults .. :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Quote from Thetford manual..........
"Fault 18: No fault, only lighting all LCD segments on start-up.
Action:
Wait a few seconds for the fridge to start up normally."

According to that there shouldn't be any thing wrong so it should start.:doh:

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
It should, so why doesn't it! If i press the temperature change button something seems to make a noise in the innards somewhere & error code 14 came up. Does that mean anything to anyone? I hate these units as well!

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
Hi have you totally disconnected the leisure battery at the battery ?..?.
A friend had a problem like this the only thing that would reset it was to do as above pulling fuses is not enough
When battery disconnected wait 5 mins before reconnecting
Hope this works for you
Cliff

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks Cliff. I actually pulled apart the connector at the rear of the unit behind the vent so isolating the 12v. Fridge now seems to have decided error code 14 is right, is making the sort if noise normally heard when it's running ok & is making a strange metallic smell. Not sure if i should leave it like this but hey ho what else can i do. No contact from Camperserve who i hope can save the day sometime soon! I'm not keen on pulling the whole unit out. Does anyone know where the 2A glass fyse is located on this unit. This fuse gets a mention in the fault finding guide as a possible cause, thanks in advance.

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Bit of an update. The fridge seems to be working even though error code 14 is showing and I have no control over what its doing! It's getting cold! Problem is, can I leave it like this? Does anyone know how the top pcb is accessed? I wonder if somethings come loose between the power pcb and the control pcb which is a listed fault on the fault finding guide. Cheers

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bit of an update. The fridge seems to be working even though error code 14 is showing and I have no control over what its doing! It's getting cold! Problem is, can I leave it like this? Does anyone know how the top pcb is accessed? I wonder if somethings come loose between the power pcb and the control pcb which is a listed fault on the fault finding guide. Cheers

Fault 14: Display Board and Power board lost communication with each other.

that may well be the problem.. loose connection or dirty edge connector on the PCB

to gain access the fridge may need pulling out..

OP
OP
Cossieg

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Thanks Jim, i agree. Hopefully Camperserve will get in touch and turn up soon to help. Do you know how to get to the connections etc on the control PCB?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back